The Vanderbilt YMCA
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$181
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$389
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$136
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$233
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$308
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,403 results
All reviewsgrand central stationsteam roomlaundry roomunited nationsrooms are smallmini fridgeair conditionerbig appleempire state buildinglocation was perfectrockefeller centersubwaydeliavejfk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My stay here was not very pleasant.

The staff were extremely unfriendly and seemed reluctant to help in any way. They allowed us to store our luggages before checking in when we arrived early at 8am but we had to pay $2 per bag to keep our luggages in their store room after checking out. I had the impression that everything we wanted came with a fee; they took the chance to charge us a fee for anything we needed. Any query we had were also answered with curt replies and unenthusiastic expressions.

The rooms are small, but this I can still accept - after all it's NYC. However the rooms had limited number of power outlets. There were 3 power outlets in my room - BUT they were all used up for the TV, AC and fridge - which means that technically they did not provide any power outlets in the whole room. So we lived with no fridge, no AC and no TV so that we could charge our electronics after a day of travelling. To make things worse the heater wasn't working...

Only three shower cubicles (for the female side) for an entire floor, which aren't very clean but I guess still of acceptable standard. I felt there could have been more cubicles to serve the large number of people.

The good:
The rooms itself (e.g. beds) are clean. They make your beds every day, change your towels as well. None of my personal belongings were stolen during my 5-day stay there so that's great. Security in the main lobby is tight, they require everyone to show their guest room card before allowing access to the lifts up to the guest rooms, security was also 24/7 (though I think this is expected of any hotel/hostel)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank xeno_13
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love this place.
As a 17 year old on a trip with college to New York this place was great.
Yes, the rooms are small but it is a YMCA and the rooms had what you needed, they were also mega clean. The showers were fine, kept clean and easy to find. I always felt safe in the place. Due to it being a YMCA there was loads of people from all over the world there, different classes from other schools and so on. So such a great place to meet new people. The staff were always super friendly and helpful. The wifi was a bit on and off but I didn't travel all that way to update my status contantly anyway. The location is great also, right in near Grand Central Station.
Overall a really good place to stop on a budget and good value for money. Really recommend the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you're travelling alone to the Big apple, either a backpacking trip or budget travel, this place is definitely one of the best place for you to stay. Speaking of the location, located in the heart of midtown west, you can't find no other place that cheap yet convenient access to subway, public transport in that area. The staff was quite friendly and helpful during the check-in and check-out. The room is small so don't expect it would be fitting a big, bulky baggage (and yourself), it also has a tv, mini-fridge and a comfy twin-bed . Might not a place to relax and chill after a day of travelling and sightseeing, but definitely a good place for recharge your energy overnight and ready for tomorrow's journey.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Randall_9135
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I hav just got back from the USA today. We stayed in the Y for 3 nights. It was extremely basic and without a dining area, and the rooms were tiny, however you get what you pay for. Well worth it, in the centre of NYC and within 6 blocks is times sq.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I spent in the hostel 2 days in the end of March. Due to several reasons I discourage you to go there. The The rooms are dirty and poorly equipped. There is only one bathroom and 3 showers in the floor - in the floor in which you have about 40 - 50 rooms all of them are damaged and very old.
There was terrible noise outside of the window all the night - each each couple of minutes something like an engine I couldn't sleep. I paid 90 dol per night and at this price even the cabin hotel is available or hotel outside of Manhatan.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo