“Miracle on 43rd Street”

Ranked #2 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Miracle on 43rd Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife and I were long (very long)-time New Yorkers. We return every now and again, usually for some limited purpose. My wife loves the City, but the best part of any of my trips - bar none - is leaving. Ah, not so quickly with the Casablanca as a refuge. I dare you not to like this hotel. We know the standard lodging fare (all over the world), and this place is so strikingly different. It has the efficiency of hotels in Tokyo. It has the qualities of a great boutique hotel in Paris. The staff are courteous and friendly. Wait, maybe that's better than a hotel in Paris. From the time you walk in the front door until that last taxi or subway ride, you feel like you're the most important guest in the place. Our room had all the amenities I asked for when making the reservation. (Usually, I tell other hotels what I want, arrive with my list and immediately call the front desk to tell them what they forgot - usually everything.) Not so at the Casablanca. Even though our stay was brief, we decided (really at the very end of the day) that we needed a refrigerator to store food we intended to take home. Poof, within 5 minutes it appeared with a handyman who actually liked his job. Rooms are great sleeping quarters, quiet (given the Times Square location) and spotless. You get a turndown without asking - or, as is the case with New York's named chains, begging. The 24/7 lounge means you can feed or water yourself whenever you need, especially after theater when the area's restaurants or bars are packed, noisy and feel like they're smoke filled - even if the City has banned smoking. I have only two concerns. First, I have an ancient allergy to Times Square. I remember it before it was glitzed like the Ginza, so that problem is probably mine alone. The second is that I worry that the Casablanca will become so popular that you can't get a reservation. Or, like our former favorite place in Paris, it will no longer be affordable by Muggles - as my wife refers to us Harry Potter commoners. So, go now. And often. I know we will - unless I can talk my wife out of going to New York, which I usually can't.

2 Thank serioustraveler7612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Upon deciding to return to NYC we knew that our trip would revolve around the room availability at the Casablanca first then booked flights next. We found this amazing hotel on Tripadvisor site years ago and have never regreted it! We love the mini-suite just for the extra room to spread out but found the regular rooms just as good.
We were so at home at this hotel we can't seem to stop coming back to NYC. We have fallen in extreme like with NYC and this wonderful hotel. Please, stay #1 as you deserve to be and we will always find a way to return to you.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed for four nights and had a wonderful time. Staff very friendly, helpful and professional. Close to Broadway theaters, subway, restaurants and so on. Terrific complimentary breakfast and also wine and snacks in the evening. Clean comfortable room as well. If we came back we would most definitely stay at the Casablanca.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CincinnatiLefty
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed the Casablanca.
Friendly,helpful staff. Clean, well kept.
Convenient location. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank scgrosso
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Great location and outstanding service. The room was comfortable, quiet (even in the middle of Times Square) and the hotel staff was top knotch. Loved breakfest at Rick's.

My wife and I will definitly return!!

3 Thank kaneforgov
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Spent the night at the Casablanca in NYC- what a great little boutique hotel- Rick's Cafe on the second floor offers complimentary breakfast and afternoon snacks. Staff was personable and very accomodating. I will definitely stay here again and again.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

My college aged daughter and I recently spent 4 nights at the Casa Blanca Hotel. I will admit to being pretty picky about my accommodations and this hotel exceeded all of my expectations. It is perfectly located 1/2 block from times square and 1 block from the subway. They room was quite spacious as was the bath. And the staff, to a person was professional, helpful and friendly. I would recommend the hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family