Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$247
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$154
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
6,106 results
All reviewsrick's cafewine and cheesetimes squarenew yorkmini suiteevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelssmall hotelhard boiled eggslounge areaperfect locationwonderful hotelbig applethe theater districtstreet noisearound the corner
Reviewed April 2, 2005

Stayed here in March 2005. Very accommodating staff. Great that Times Square is right around the corner yet at night it is quiet. Not much of a view from the room. Fairly small room. In the winter a complaint is that you can't control your room heat. Way too hot for us. The complimentary continental breakfast was very nice. Seems a place more for older people, maybe retired age. Kind of a formal atmosphere. Nice place but liked the Courtyard Manhattan TImes Square better.

3  Thank Linda L
A TripAdvisor Member
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Spent two nights in manhattan at the Casablanca -- I picked the hotel based on reviews in tripadvisor and the experience exceeded my expectations. The rooms were nice and the lounge on the second floor with the free cookies/cofee and expresso was a very nice.

The best part of the hotel was the concierge Leon and Nick. I was running around to museums and called Leon at the hotel and told him that I needed to find a very good restaurant in little Italy for that evening. Within a few minutes he called back with the name of the restaurant and told me that I had reservations for my requested time. It was one of the best meals that I have experienced. I travel extensively around the world including to world class spas with my wife (e.g, Miraval in Catalina AZ) and I strongly believe the service that you receive at the Casablanca is as good if not better than the service you will receive at world class hotels. I hope this remains a secret as I look forward to going back during my next trip to NYC.

You will not regret your choice if you end up at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2005

My wife and I just spent six nights at the Casablanca. We made our decision to stay there based upon the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The location is perfect, steps from Times Square. The entire staff treated us well. Everyone was very helpful. If a continental breakfast suits you, the Casablanca is great. No wasted time or added expense for going out to breakfast. The wine and cheese in the afternoon is a fine way to relax before going out to dinner or a show. We had a king room, which was not large, but more than adequate. The bathroom was very clean and large. My only negative comment is the lack of drawer space in the room, but we utilized the closet shelves and what drawer space there was. Overall, we couldn't have been much happier and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank jab31151
Reviewed March 24, 2005

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the middle of it all in Times Square. While the rooms are New York City sized (a bit on the small size), they are clean and beautifully done. The second floor (Rick's Cafe) offers a lot. Not only is it done in a living room style setting, it offers a little something for everyone -- the complimentary breakfast is very generous and has plenty of variety. Coffee, tea, fruit and cookies are on hand at all times of the day. I became a master at the cappocino (sp?) machine. The afternoon wine and cheese was just great prior to going to a show. BUT, you cannot beat the personal service you receive from the front desk. The two primary people that we dealt with were Nick and Leon. They went out of their way to take care of us. They would even come up to the second floor just to say hello during breakfast or during the wine and cheese in the afternoon. As a traveler to NYC you need to check out this hotel. As I said before, I would keep in mind the size of the room I am reserving and not try to get away with the cheapest as it will be very tiny. What you spend in an upgraded room, you save in breakfast and other snacks, wine, etc. Take advantage of what they offer on the second floor in the way of food, drinks, etc. The main two items I would caution you about are the room size and the pillow size/hardness. If you can, bring your own pillow. This was a great place to stay!!!!!!!!

6  Thank jambynon
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2005

We just got back from NYC. The hotel was great. The second floor living room (what we nicknamed it) was the best. We spent every morning reading the paper and drinking coffee. The staff made super suggestions and got us dinner reservations. Also helped explain the subway system which was scary to us at first. Just made reservations to go back in July. There can't be a better location in Manhattan. Heartland Brewery and Restuarant is very close and the food and ale was very good. Also the Manhattan Chili Co. was next door was a great surprise for a late dinner after a show serving Tex-Mex foods. And Tony's is a excellant bargain next door too. The only negative is you will not get a great view of the city from any of the rooms, but the greatness of everything else way made up for the view.

• Stayed: March 2005