“fantastic oasis in the heart of Times square”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Casablanca totally deserves it's top TA rating! My 13 year old daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful visit here for her first trip to NYC and my first visit in 19 years. As other reviewers have noted, the service is top notch and location can't be beat, especially if you plan to see Broadway shows. It is an easy taxi or subway ride from Grand Central and Penn train stations and staff can arrange a town car to airports or hail a taxi for you. The Times square Metro terminal is a 1-2 minute walk from the hotel, and the concierge will give you a very helpful subway/Manhattan street map. We bought 7 day Metrocards and had an easy time navigating the subway, plus walking to many sites, including the Empire State building and Rockerfeller center. There is a shuttle connecting the Times Square and Grand Central metro stations, and I highly recommend the Grand Central food court for a tasty meal. We loved the complimentary continental breakfast, which featured tasty bagels and made to order oatmeal in addition to the usual spread, and spent one morning in the outer courtyard. The 24 hour tea, coffee and pastries were lovely as was the 5-8pm complimentary wine/snack service.
Check in was quick and easy, and we received an email several weeks prior to our arrival offering help with planning our trip. Our room was small but spacious, very quiet and comfortable, and we loved the Mediterranean décor. My daughter enjoyed the toiletries and complimentary chocolates at bedtime. We had an afternoon flight, so left our luggage with the bell-hop on our last morning. Every staff member, from housekeeping to the doormen was gracious and helpful. I will stay here again the next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sugarlandmom

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Close to Times Square. Great lounge for afternoon wine and cheese or tea and scones. People gathered and chatted. Nice breakfast included. Service was impeccable. Very helpful staff for getting us tickets and recommendations. Despite being close to lots of activity, the rooms were pleasantly quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank DMB2012
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights on our first trip to New York. What a superb hotel, unlike any of the big chain hotels. This was a home from home with first class service from all of the staff with some excellent touches, like the bottle of wine waiting for us in the room when we arrived. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was great and the fact that we could use Rick's Cafe on the 2nd floor whenever we wanted, any time of day or night was was the icing on the cake.

2  Thank David E
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The room was very clean, albeit small. We were told that unless it's a suite, the sizes don't differ much. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rick's Cafe, (the breakfast and wine and cheese place) is great that it's open 24 hours. It gets crowded during breakfast as there are not enough tables for all guests. We like the coffee machine and the hot chocolate!

1  Thank Zenaida R
JohnTaboadaNYC, Manager at Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Zenaida R,

Thank you for your kind words about our kind staff. Our housekeepers were delighted by your compliment.

Thank you for your feedback about the number of tables. We are always discussing how to improve the guest experience in Rick’s Café and looking for ways to arrange the tables to accommodate our guests more comfortably. During the week you stayed with us, we welcomed more families than usual traveling together. Just to inform the readers here, the Casablanca Hotel has 48 rooms and Rick’s Café has 37 seats with an additional 10 seats in the adjacent Blue Parrot courtyard for the Spring and Summer seasons. We do count on the fact that over the 3.5 hours we serve our complimentary Continental breakfast, usually the guests arrivals are staggered, but occasionally, it can get busy in the peak hour. We are exploring different table arrangements, looking for one that will help ease those few moments, while not over crowding the room with furnishings the other 23 hours of the day. Thanks to feedback from previous guests, we have already increased our seating in the past few months but we continue to brainstorm.

In regards to the room sizes, we believe that travelers are happiest when they are well informed, so we include on our website detailed descriptions of each room, plus images, floor plans and 360 degree virtual tours. To some the difference between a room with 225, 250, or 275 square feet is small percentage wise, but for others it is a palpable difference that makes a significant impact on how they enjoy their stay, so it is important to know yourself and to choose what works best for you. The most important difference is the bed sizes. You were in a Deluxe Room with a Queen Bed last time, so you might enjoy trying a Premium Room with a King bed might give you just a bit more space to feel even more comfortable.
We also have wonderful larger options available at our sister Library Hotel Collection properties in Manhattan, which offer the same gracious service and amenities that you enjoyed with us,

If there is anything else you would like to share with me about your experience, or if I can be of service in any way, I would very much appreciate you contacting me at john@casablancahotel.com or 212-869-1212. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you another time.

John Taboada

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family and I have just spent a week in New York at Casablanca Hotel. Everything was perfect, location, service and staff. We had a mini suite not on the street side and so with very low noise from the city that never sleeps. Really recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DanyG14
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Casablanca Hotel with my partner for 3 nights for our first ever visit to New York, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service was amazing, each member of staff was so helpful and always smiling, they all made us feel very welcome. We stayed in a King Room and the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in at a hotel, complete with feather pillows and duvet, and every night when we came home after a long day site-seeing our room was turned down and there was a chocolate on the pillow.
The wine and cheese was one of my favourite features, each night before going out we sat in the lounge with a glass of prosecco and a plate of cheese.
Complimentary breakfast was delicious, a mix of bagels, pastries, cereals and fresh fruit.
I plan on going back to New York and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. The hotel was in my eyes completely perfect.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a King room but any of the rooms would have been perfect.
2  Thank Kym A
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from a week stay at the Casablanca in New York and I can qualify the statement I am about to make. As world travelers, the Casablanca is the best hotel in the world. I say this because of the consistent service. We have gone at least twice a year for many years and have never been disappointed. This is a big statement but we have always been completely happy with customer service, attitudes, cleanliness of the rooms and hotel in general.
This is important to a seasonal traveler that everything remains consistent each visit and while there are more luxurious places, the attitudes and customer service are not there. Therefore my rating. It is a truly an international hotel with a Morocco flair but the same dependable American hospitality which is unmatched!
I knew it was the hotel for us from our first visit. We were leaving Toronto and due to a storm were several hours late. I called the hotel to tell them of our dilemma and we would not be arriving until 10 p.m. Upon arrival, they greeted us by name at the door and told us that they had been waiting for our arrival. We were then taken up to Ricks Café which had closed at 8! and they had generously saved us a selection of cheese, nuts, crackers, fruit and wine! This simple act of kindness was truly appreciated for two tired, hungry guests! Why haven't I written a review before? We want to make sure there is always room for us in our hotel because we know once people come, they will certainly want to return! Selfish on our part? Yes. From John, the General Manager, front desk staff to the doormen and housekeeping staff along with maintenance, they could not be more accommodating and always with a smile! We appreciate them all and now my entire family knows them by name as we take our family to New York every Christmas. This is our family Christmas tradition at the Casablanca.
I could have mentioned the wonderful breakfast, specialty coffees, teas, fruit, water and pastries available all day in Ricks Café and also the delicious happy hour at night along with the convenient location all inclusive but in the end what makes a hotel stay wonderful is the staff.
Louise Moghani
Alabama, USA

Room Tip: We have stayed in many of the rooms and even with the close proximity to Times Square have never hea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple