“A Happy Surprise...”

Ranked #3 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“A Happy Surprise...”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We visited New York every year to 5 years and this hotel certainly was the best. Many pleasant surprises happened, all attendants received us with a smile, and even with our english not very convincing, they strove to understand us, rooms and bathrooms clean, warm, a nice breakfast, a happy hour with wine and cheese, fruit, crackers, coffee and tea 24 hours a day ... finally ... Thank you to all the Hotel Casablanca, and sure enough, we'll be back ..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (962)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Marcellus, New York, Usa
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Casablanca is a great hotel!! Walking distance to everything and the hotel is luxurious and spacious. We rented a mini suite and had planty of room for my family of 5. The staff is the nicest staff I have done business with and I travel on a regular basis. We are already talking of our next trip to The Casablanca and can not wait to extend our trip here next time. Highly recommend and suggest you stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and myself spent 7 days in New York back in July to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had been planning the trip (both of our first times in New York) for quite some time and had booked many events (Mets game, Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert, Broadway, Shopping etc.). The city itself was phenomenal and we can't wait to get back. We stayed at the Casablanca Hotel right in the heart of Times Square and I really can't recommend it enough. I chose the hotel based on reviews from TripAdvisor and the price seemed reasonable for comparable locations in the heart of Manhattan. The staff were unfailingly cheerful and attentive, both in terms of making sure we were comfortable at all times (it was incredibly hot in the city, but we were comfortably cool in the hotel) enjoying our stay in the city and inquiring as to whether or not there was anything we needed. We enjoyed their breakfast every morning before we set out into the city, the daily spread was always wonderful (a great choice of cereals, granola, fruit, pastries, coffee, tea etc.) and our room was very comfortable and always clean. Being right in the heart of city didn't affect the noise in the hotel as we always found it quiet inside. The location is obviously perfect (right in the heart of Times Square), and we enjoyed being so close to a subway terminal as we found that that was our primary method of transportation around the city. The next time we go back, we will definitely be staying again at the Casablanca as it really is a first rate hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel was always very quiet, we enjoyed our regular (non-suite) room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I could not find a single fault with this hotel. The rooms were spacious, well decorated and one of the most comfortable beds I have stayed in whilst on holiday. The staff (particularly the reception staff) were so friendly, helpful and obliging. I couldn't believe the value for money we received either. Each morning there is a free continental breakfast available and each evening the wine, cheese and selection of dips, snacks etc., was the nicest touch.

I was amazed by the close proximity of the hotel to Times Square and yet there was no sign of the hustle and bustle and noise in the hotel itself.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again - top class

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Southport
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Trip Advisor reviewers got this one spot on. Smack in the middle of the Times Square mayhem but a peaceful, reserved haven of sanity. Superbly friendly staff all over the hotel: understated attitudes but all thoroughly professional. We were on a 5 night stay to visit our daughter who is working nearby for a couple of months and she was welcomed equally warmly by the staff. The lounge doubles as the breakfast area and the evening cheese and wine reception area. A fantastic idea if you are heading out to a show but don't want a full sit down meal in a restaurant. Complimentary coffee, tea & hot chocolate are available 24 hours, another smashing idea. Our room was very well appointed and the king sized bed was superbly comfortable. The Casablanca is a place we would highly recommend to anybody who enjoys a quiet stay amidst the bright lights of a bustling city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I use trip advisor a fair bit and most of the time the reviews are spot on, however I have never felt the need to write one myself (lazy I guess). I have just stayed with my wife at the Casablanca hotel for 5 nights and have to add my review to the list for this hotel

1: before we went
I had a call at home from the hotel asking if we needed anything in the room, would we like a car to collect us from the airport or if there was anything they could do to make our stay more pleasant - this was a few days BEFORE we even flew out!! amazing..

2: the welcome
it was like coming home to family, everyone seemed so happy to see us and welcome us to the hotel. The atmosphere was one of comfortable familiarity even though we had never been there before

3: the room
lovely, the most comfortable bed I have found in a long time, it was clean and spotless just like the rest of the hotel and was a huge list of complimentary stuff to make it more comfy such as mattress toppers, white noise machine and many other things - you have to try the "ear pyjamas" (headband with speakers in them and an I-pod with relaxing music to help you sleep) my I-pod ran out of charge so the concierge asked me to leave it at the desk for charging. I found out later they did not have enough chargers so they went and bought one to do it - THAT is what you call service.

4: other stuff
there is complimentary tea/coffee etc and cakes, biscuits fruit along with a continental breakfast in 'ricks' café with the two restaurants next door also giving room service. The position of the hotel is perfect, right on times square and within walking distance of nearly everything you would need to go to or see

5: and finally
the doormen, the concierge (and conciergess) were perfect, always happy, always there to help and always knowing the answers to everything you ever ask of them

A perfect hotel for anyone to stay, a couple like my wife and myself or a family with kids

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if I could it would get 10 stars!!!

Jeff and Kim Collins (UK)

Room Tip: as it fronts onto a major road I would say higher floors would be quieter, we were on the fifth floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JeffCollins2013
Pudsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at the Casablanca are welcoming and friendly,nothing is too much trouble. the breakfast and evening nibbles and drinks were excellent. Asked for a rear room and were given a lovely room on the 5th floor which was extremely comfortable and quiet' If I return to new York I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: rear hotels do not look out on to times square and are really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends