“of all the hotels in new york you walk into mine...”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #3 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“of all the hotels in new york you walk into mine...”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I use trip advisor a fair bit and most of the time the reviews are spot on, however I have never felt the need to write one myself (lazy I guess). I have just stayed with my wife at the Casablanca hotel for 5 nights and have to add my review to the list for this hotel

1: before we went
I had a call at home from the hotel asking if we needed anything in the room, would we like a car to collect us from the airport or if there was anything they could do to make our stay more pleasant - this was a few days BEFORE we even flew out!! amazing..

2: the welcome
it was like coming home to family, everyone seemed so happy to see us and welcome us to the hotel. The atmosphere was one of comfortable familiarity even though we had never been there before

3: the room
lovely, the most comfortable bed I have found in a long time, it was clean and spotless just like the rest of the hotel and was a huge list of complimentary stuff to make it more comfy such as mattress toppers, white noise machine and many other things - you have to try the "ear pyjamas" (headband with speakers in them and an I-pod with relaxing music to help you sleep) my I-pod ran out of charge so the concierge asked me to leave it at the desk for charging. I found out later they did not have enough chargers so they went and bought one to do it - THAT is what you call service.

4: other stuff
there is complimentary tea/coffee etc and cakes, biscuits fruit along with a continental breakfast in 'ricks' café with the two restaurants next door also giving room service. The position of the hotel is perfect, right on times square and within walking distance of nearly everything you would need to go to or see

5: and finally
the doormen, the concierge (and conciergess) were perfect, always happy, always there to help and always knowing the answers to everything you ever ask of them

A perfect hotel for anyone to stay, a couple like my wife and myself or a family with kids

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if I could it would get 10 stars!!!

Jeff and Kim Collins (UK)

Room Tip: as it fronts onto a major road I would say higher floors would be quieter, we were on the fifth floo...
5 Thank JeffCollins2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Pudsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at the Casablanca are welcoming and friendly,nothing is too much trouble. the breakfast and evening nibbles and drinks were excellent. Asked for a rear room and were given a lovely room on the 5th floor which was extremely comfortable and quiet' If I return to new York I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: rear hotels do not look out on to times square and are really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Casablanca reminded us of an ambiance from years past when we first stayed there in 2005. Nothing has changed - that's good. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and comfortable. The decor and atmosphere in the breakfast room and adjacent room with a fireplace is very relaxing and provides a quiet respite in the afternoon and evening for reading or conversation. The availability of tea and breads throughout the day and evening is very nice.
The Tony Di Napoli restaurant was excellent. On Sunday evening it was packed but the hotel staff ensured we had a reservation and no waiting. Even with a large crowd, the wait staff in the restaurant were excellent - no rush, courses were served only when we were ready.
The location, a very short walk to Times Square, is another plus. Central Park is a 15 minute walk. I would recommend the Casablanca to anyone. We are planning another visit and won't make it 8 years.

Pleasant Valley, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I like to go to the city maybe every couple of months to catch a show etc. We live upstate NY so it's nice to stay over. We found The Casablanca Hotel through Tripadvisor, as we have done so witrh other hotels, and it the No.2 hotel rarting in NYC is more than well deservesd. From check in, where the General Manager, gave my wife a smal box of chocolates to enjoy, to the neat room, wine and crackers, tea amd coffee at any time, great continental breakfast. Right in Times Square! We were going to a concert at Carnegie Hall. Not too far to walk. Parking right next door at Meyers. Only $25. Service was impeccable! We will be back!!.

Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

NYC is candy land for adults and the Casablanca Hotel is a great location for exploring it all. The hotel is small, intimate, friendly and clean. We had the complimentary breakfast early in the morning, hit the road, came back for wine and cheese at 5 PM, and went out again. It was more fun then London or SF.

Room Tip: We traveled in November. We requested an inside room because we thought the street side might be no...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Casablanca Hotel in November 2013. The hotel is just off Times Square/Broadway and was ideal for us as it was our first time in NYC. Everything is on your doorstep. The staff are very helpful and friendly and will help you arrange any trips. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Our room was serviced every day. The room was a bit small but you don't go to NYC to spend time in a bedroom so it was ok. The complimentary continental breakfast was lovely. Great wifi in all areas of the hotel. We would definitely go back and would highly recommend to others.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in Casablanca hotel and we are very pleased of our choice. Rooms are small (as always in NYC) but very clean, well equipped and quiet despite being very close to Times Square. Bed materass and linen are just fantastic, I want one in my apartment!
We truly enjoyed the 24hours coffee and snack facility as well as evening drinks and cheese offers daily.
Excellent wifi service.
Staff very friendly and professional. Location is perfect.
What else would you ask for a NYC stay? We will come back soon.