“Unbeatable!!!”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Casablanca. This was our second visit and it was every bit as good as the first time. We stayed in a Deluxe Queen room which was a fair size with plenty storage space. The room was kept spotlessly clean and we had fresh towels every day. The breakfasts are great with lots to choose from and as ever the wine and cheese reception between 5pm and 8pm were fantastic. The girls who host the breakfast and wine evenings do a fantastic job and are a credit to the hotel. Nothing is too much bother and the staff are all eager to help in any way they can. It is in a perfect location, right in the heart of Times Square but the hotel itself is lovely and quiet. I can't recommend this hotel enough and wouldn't hesitate to book here again on our next stay in New York.

Room Tip: Email the hotel for a quiet room before you travel.
3  Thank cazzacags

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Casablanca Hotel is perfect in so many ways. Just steps from Times Square, and minutes from so many major sites, it has the perfect location. We stayed in a mini suite for our family vacation, and the room was spotless. Shortly after arriving, a concierge phoned to ensure everything was fine, and to check if we needed anything. The wine and cheese reception was a nice touch to sit back and relax in the evening prior to dinner. Not to worry, this reception also takes into consideration those that may be traveling with children, and has something for everyone! The staff is phenomenal: very courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful. When departing, they always asked how we were, and wished us a good morning, day, evening, etc. When returning to the hotel, they made a point to welcome us back. The continental breakfast was very satisfying as well. The pictures posted are truly representative of the hotel. Some have commented on the small rooms, and while we are used to staying in larger rooms in other destinations, we also understand that NYC hotel rooms are normally much smaller. Regardless, the three of us were quite comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest for the hotel is to add exhaust fans in the bathrooms.

Not only do we recommend this hotel to others, but we have already decided that this is our “hotel of choice” for any future trips to the Big Apple.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Becky A
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Casablanca. I will stay here again if I come back to NYC. The staff are a great asset - always smiling and so helpful. Thank you Casablanca.
The restaurant next door is excellent.

1  Thank steddies
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Casablance hotel is so convenient, in the heart of everything! The rooms, are very well appointed and kept spotless. The staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast has something for everyone. Wine and cheese in the evening is an excellent way to transition between daytime and evening activities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was my second visit to the Casablanca Hotel, having stayed there last year on my first visit to New York. After my experience last year, I new there was only one hotel I could go back to for my second visit this year. The location is perfect. It's very central, it's extremely close to a subway station, and it's very convenient for Broadway shows in the evening, as well as my favourite NYC restaurant, 'The View Restaurant'. When you're going somewhere in the evening on your own in New York, you don't really want to walk far, so to have the hotel so close to the shows and The View Restaurant, as well as the meeting point for 'The Ride' is fantastic. Also in regards to the location, if you'r doing the Niagara Falls day trip, you get picked up from the Casablanca Hotel. They don't pick you up at all hotels in NYC, but the location of the Casablanca means you do get picked up from there. As for the hotel itself, the rooms are simply but beautifully decorated in a Moroccan style. Waiting for me upon my arrival was a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates, which was greatly appreciated. There was a safe in the room, which there was no charge to use (I know some NY hotels charge for the use of a safe), which was brilliant for keeping my passport, travel money, travel insurance documents etc in. There's a cheese and wine reception every evening from 5-8pm, with a piano player on Friday evenings, which is nice for relaxing after a busy day, just before starting the evening activity. The piano player plays beautifully - it's a shame he's only there on Fridays. I could have listened to him every evening. There's a continental breakfast every morning with a lovely selection of Danish pastries, muffins, eggs, cereals, hot beverages (including the delicious hazelnut coffee) and juice. There's a computer with internet access in Rick's Cafe, which is handy for e-mailing home to tell your loved ones that you've arrived safely and to fill them in on what you've been up to, which I did every night before going to bed (that's the only time you'll have to do it as you'll be so busy during your NY visit!). There's also free wi-fi access for those of you with smartphones, laptops etc so you can use your devices in your rooms, or anywhere else in the hotel you wish to use your devices. I experienced one rainy day during my visit this year, and had forgotten my umbrella at home, but it wasn't a problem as the Casablanca have plenty of umbrellas right by the entrance for guests' use. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. They make you feel like part of a family. They are willing to help with anything - from directions to booking theatre tickets to train or bus timetables. They really are wonderful. It's always service with a smile too. You're never made to feel like a nuisance. They're just absolutely lovely. And if you feel like there's something missing in your room, just let the staff know what you would like and they will do they're best to get it for you. Tea and coffee making facilities for example aren't provided in the rooms, but they are available upon request. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available 24/7 at Rick's Cafe in the hotel however, so I personally did not feel the need for tea and coffee making facilities in my room. I was quite happy to go to Rick's Cafe, which is a comfortable lounge area, for a cup of delicious hazelnut coffee. I would never stay anywhere else in New York. The Casablanca Hotel is definitely my home in New York City!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank meinirann
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed staying at The Casablanca Hotel in NYC. We felt like we were staying in someone's home. Very nice personal service, comfortable hospitality suite on the 2nd floor and quiet guest rooms. The location is convenient in Midtown and just steps away from Times Square. We were able to walk from the hotel to so many different things. The provided breakfast, drinks and snacks in the hospitality area helped us save a little bit of money during our stay. We are so glad that the hotel was recommended to us by friends and we will definitely stay at The Casablanca again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Casablance hotel has an excellent location! The rooms, although small, are very well appointed and kept spotless by the housekepping staff. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The brerakfast primarily constists of pastries, cereal and fruit but is a nice touch. The wine and cheese in the evening is also a nice touch but nothing spectacular.

2  Thank nkoo h