“Perfect place to stay in New York City!”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #4 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tyler, Texas
“Perfect place to stay in New York City!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed staying at The Casablanca Hotel in NYC. We felt like we were staying in someone's home. Very nice personal service, comfortable hospitality suite on the 2nd floor and quiet guest rooms. The location is convenient in Midtown and just steps away from Times Square. We were able to walk from the hotel to so many different things. The provided breakfast, drinks and snacks in the hospitality area helped us save a little bit of money during our stay. We are so glad that the hotel was recommended to us by friends and we will definitely stay at The Casablanca again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Casablance hotel has an excellent location! The rooms, although small, are very well appointed and kept spotless by the housekepping staff. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The brerakfast primarily constists of pastries, cereal and fruit but is a nice touch. The wine and cheese in the evening is also a nice touch but nothing spectacular.

2 Thank nkoo h
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff are polite, friendly and 'on the ball'. The location of this hotel is great and the fact that there is good food and drink (including wine, cheese etc later on) is fantastic and convenient. Would definitely stay here again, it's well worth the money in my view.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Emma3953
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am writing this review while staying at the Casablanca Hotel & we are very happy with this hotel . We have never paid this much for a hotel, but we knew New York is expensive and when reviewing previous reviews on the cheaper hotels I wanted to make sure we were comfortable with no worries. I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness in hotels & this hotel exceeded my expectations. STAFF IS GREAT, probably the nicest staff we have ever come across & we travel at least 5 times per year so are in many hotels. Great atmosphere, great location (close to subway station) and great staff what more could you want in a hotel.

6 Thank tantay
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I made reservations on-line about 2 months prior to our arrival. About 3 days before we arrived, I received a personal phone call to confirm. Not an auto-generated email or phone call, but a real live person with a name and everything That was a nice touch.

Because United Airlines was so terrible, my wife and I did not arrive at the Casablanca until about 2:00 am. Yes, 2 AM! Our check in was incredibly quick. We stayed in room 303. The hotel is about half a block off of Times Square so the location can't be beat if you want to be near all the action. However, even though it's that close, we were never bothered by noise...and my wife is an incredibly light sleeper. It takes an act of God to wake me up.

The room is a small room (typical for NYC) but very nice and clean. We were celebrating our anniversary so they had a nice bottle of wine and 2 glasses waiting for us along with a nice note of congratulations. Much appreciated.

The bathroom was pretty small. It was very clean and well decorated, but small. My only SMALL complaint about the bathroom as that there was almost no place to put your toiletries. The towels were soft and plush, not the rough thin stuff you seem to get at mid-priced places. The shower head rocked.

The breakfast consisted of Danishes, cereal and fruit. While not an extensive array, it was all done well. Rick's Café is on the second floor and was simple but very nice.

Another small complaint was the nasty smell in the hallway of our floor. I cannot say it was the hotel's fault because I don't know. But it smelled like body odor. No other part of the hotel had this problem...only about 10 feet of hallway on the 3rd floor. Maybe there was some stanky dude staying in another room? Who knows?

We paid about $1000 for the two nights. This included room, tax and everything. I know NYC is expensive, but as a Midwesterner, this is a tough pill to swallow. That's why I only gave it 3 stars for value...and because the rooms are so scrawny. Would I stay there again? If I wanted a really nice hotel near Times Square I would, for sure.

2 Thank IndyIronman
Indianola, Mississippi
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you want to stay in Times Square. It is close to the subway and its easy to walk to many attractions from here. The service is impeccable. I have stayed at the sister hotel, The Library, and to me it was lacking in service and cleanliness. The Casablanca, however was spotless, and my room was always cleaned very well every day. The only complaint I have is about the number of tables for breakfast. They are large tables and groups of seating, and several mornings people could not find a place to sit. Smaller tables and chairs would be helpful in this regard. All people need is a place to sit, you don't need all that big furniture. Other than that, I was very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carter Lake, Ia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

one of the best experiences we have ever had at a hotel...wonderful staff and awesome service.
location is great....just steps to Times Square...we would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay....and Rick's café is a great experience...
don't miss it....