Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #4 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Worcester
“perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

well,how do i begin? ive been saving for this holiday for 3 years and all i can say is all my scrimping was completley worth it! my children loved it my wife loved it and i adored it. Food was fantabulous and the bed were very comfortable, for a working class citizen with was the dogs bone,views were brilliant also all the complementory thing including luxery bath robes!,please do your self a favour GO TO THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: everythings perfect
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Liam S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (890)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed for five nights in late April and booked this hotel as a result of the many good reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. Firstly the staff - polite, helpful, professional and friendly. Secondly the quality of the accommodation itself - clean, well maintained and a nice attention to detail; tastefully decorated (Moroccan themed) with a rich and reasurring air of quality. One of the few hotels I've stayed in where the promotional pictures actually match the reality. Our room (a double) although not huge, had two double beds in it and still had space for chairs, tables and bits and pieces, and yes, it looked as good as the pictures suggested. We were provided with luxury dressing gowns, and even an ironing board and iron. An iphone player and charger was also provided along with complimentary wi-fi. The rooms were very quiet, beds comfortable and sleep was undisturbed. The views though, well.... there weren't any. Forget panoramic views of NYC, or breathing taking scenes looking down onto Times Square, so we kept the shutters closed, but frankly this didn't bother us, and views such as I've mentioned probably only come with a much higher price tag. An excellent continental, all-you-can-eat breakfast, is served every morning, inc weekends, with a wide variety of options. At 5pm each day a splendid complimentary cheese and wine buffet is served and was clearly very popular; we certainly enjoyed it and refills (of wine) no problem. As for location - well it's almost impossible to do better in relation to the must see sights of NYC. Times Square just round the corner (literally); the ESB, Chyrsler Building and Grand Central Station, just a 15 min walk down the road; 5th Ave 10 mins away; Central Park 20 mins up the road - Bloomingdales, Tiffnays and Macy's, all within easy reach on foot. Brooklyn Bridge and Ground Zero though, much further away but can still be done on foot if you don't mind a bit of walking, if not the subway is at hand if you prefer. Overall then, whilst certainly not a cheap hotel stiff very good value for money. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone else? Absolutely!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roy1411
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited New York on business and found the location central to all our events. The hotel was a welcome respit from the hustle and bustle of the city. We especially enjoyed the 2nd floor amenities which included a wine and cheese reception and morning breakfast. The staff were friendly, attentive, and always smiling. We will be back. We have chosen this hotel as our "New York" hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. New York never sleeps and the lights of Times Square are alway...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Casablanca Hotel exceeded our expectations. The location, location, location convenient and easy access to all major locations. The hotel was clean and the staff superb, the breakfast and evening wine and cheese were an added plus. Will definitely stay at the Casablanca again.

Room Tip: Our room was on an upper floor and inside, it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LindaH1010
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We made our second trip to NYC, and we had such a fantastic experience the first time in Dec 2010 that we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. So glad we came back. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL. We love everything about the hotel. The continental breakfast provides ample choices that you need not go out for breakfast, and the free wine and snacks in the evening provides more than enough that you quite honestly need not worry with dinner out. My point is, unless you simply WANT to spend extra $$$ on breakfasts and dinner, you don't have to at all, and suddenly a stay in NYC isn't overly pricey! Funny thing... when we stayed here in 2010 we made friends from Australia and England. During our 2013 trip, we traveled with friends from Birmingham, AL and we STILL made friends from Australia and England! The Casablanca Hotel is simply wonderful. We'll be back, and I'm certain the 3rd time will be a charm, just as our first and second times!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LtColRiley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place must have a pride of itself!

Helpful staffs made me feel like I was treated with respect.
The ambience in the room made me feel like I was somewhere at a beach with sunshine. It was like an peaceful island in the middle of metropolitan.
The breakfast was great with fresh fruit salad, greek yogurt, wide juice selection, great coffe, variety of fresh bread, homemade jams, choice of egg in my style, etc.
Great location, convenient to everywere.

I didn’t have any complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Katepark
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was quite pleased with everything about the hotel. I appreciated the description on the website about the size of the most economically priced room. The room was just the right size for one person, and I didn't miss a tub, I liked the roomy walk in shower. The honesty in the room description was quite refreshing - no attempt to overstate. Very respectful way to treat a customer. I rather foolishly goofed up my own travel arrangements, and needed the help from the front desk staff in extending my stay. They arranged quite seamlessly for me to keep my room for one extra night, even though at first it seemed that might not work. And when I requested some help in finding a hairdresser to treat myself to a new style, their recommendation sent me to exactly the sort of salon I was hoping to find. The breakfast buffet is a real plus, and all the servers in the morning were courteous and helpful. I will stay here again, without question.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out over the interior courtyard are small, but quiet. Read the website descriptions c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo