WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Casablanca Hotel Times Square

Casablanca Hotel Times Square
Ranked #3 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Chirnside Park, Australia
“A great place to stay near Times Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Yet another excellent stay at the Casablanca. Everyone is always very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the happy hours most enjoyable. Looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks.

2 Thank 21Sue35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here after our cruise, the hotel is an oasis in Times Sq, the staff are so welcoming, they even accepted a delivery from Amazon for us and let us store a case there whilst on our cruise, a special thanks must go to Jeffery on the front desk and Gabby for the Proseco. The breakfasts are great and the cheese and wine at night is a lovely touch, will almost certainly stay here the next time we are in NYC, PS, thanks for the wine in our room for our anniversary, it was a lovely touch, thanks again.

2 Thank Rober_f_129
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on the basis of trip advisor reviews and we were not dissapointed. We asked for a room towards the back as I am a fairly light sleeper. The room was quiet and we had no problems with noise.The hotel is just off Times Square which is really busy and noisy but you would not know it when inside the hotel. It really is a little haven. The breakfast buffet and evening cheese and wine were great. The staff are very attentive and nothing seems to be a problem. Special thanks to the doorman who tried really hard to get us a taxi to the airport on our last day. Excellent service right up to the end!

Room Tip: A room towards back of hotel seems to be quiter.
3 Thank Jabeeb
Prospect, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Casablanca. Each year it is better than the previous. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. John the General Manager went above and beyond to make this a great stay for us. Highly recommend the Casablanca.

4 Thank Kentucky1969
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you absolutely must stay in Times Square this is a nice boutique hotel in the area. The small size of the hotel and the friendliness of most of the staff will certainly help slow the pace down. I'm giving the Casablanca three stars because there are stand-out four and five star hotels out there (St. Regis Aspen and the Lowry by Rocco Forte in Manchester) and I feel like those grades should be reserved for those extraordinary hotels. The hotel was a little aged and banged up. I had a view of a brick wall. The room was very clean and they have what's rumored to be a great breakfast (I missed it but I did sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee while I was there). All in all a good place to stay in Times Square.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Brian A
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I took my two teenage daughters for 4 nights. Location was perfect for seeing shows and walking to great shopping and sites. Rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was a great addition that we took advantage of each day. They had a nice selection of pastries, breads, oatmeal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juices, teas, coffees, lattes,etc.. Drinks and snacks such as cookies and fruit were available all day and there was an evening cocktail time that was very nice. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet as it did not face the street. There was no view, but we didn't care as...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Mary D
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently I traveled to New York to see some Broadway shows, and I wanted to stay in a hotel where I would feel safe. From the moment I arrived to the moment that I left, I was treated with the utmost courtesy by everyone from the doorman, who helped me with my bag, to the people at the reception desk. My room was quiet and immaculate, and the bed and pillows were heavenly. Breakfast was included, and so was a wine-fruit-cheese reception every evening from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. All of the shows that I saw were within a ten-minute walk from the hotel, which is located right in the middle of Times Square. I'll stay at the Casablanca Hotel the next time I'm in New York.

Room Tip: I chose the least expensive room type, and I was very happy with it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo