Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$173
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$135
$343
$314
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$256
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$184
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
6,096 results
All reviewsrick's cafewine and cheesetimes squarenew yorkmini suiteevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelssmall hotelhard boiled eggslounge areaperfect locationwonderful hotelbig applethe theater districtstreet noisearound the corner
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We chose this hotel after checking on Tripadvisor as we always do and were not disappointed. Could not believe this hotel is right in Times Square. We walked out the front door turned right and there before us was the middle of Times Square. From the minute we walked into the hotel which was around midnight, the young man at reception could not have given us a friendlier welcome. Our room was beautiful and very spacious. The absolute bonus was complimentary breakfast and wine and nibbles in the early evening. You could not wish for anything more from this hotel. We highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We lived there 6 nights the end of June 2012. As we were so understanding about "colonial" atmosphere:
we can't sleep with AC, while a very hot weather,'cause too old AC fan did a crazy noising sound.
we can't keep open the window 'cause strong cooking smell coming from outside.
As They were not so understanding when I smoked a cigarette on the room toilet, while I did it beside opened toilet window and keeping the door between toilet and room well closed.
They applied a 200usd fine on my room bill.
What made me more angry is they shot and shown me a photo of my toilet waste bin, where I left a empty pack of cigarettes, "to proof my guilty" and get the 200USD fine.
I felt my privacy so violated! What matter you what I place in my garbage?
In a friendly relationship just needed they called me to tell "please don't smoke", not arranging a "crime-scene" report with photo.

Then I've to say the hotel has a very good position in Times Square, the look of common spaces is nice, the staff is so kind and the service too. The breakfast and happy-hours buffet are a sweet surprise. These qualities make the hotel different than big hotels as Hilton or Sheraton or Westin, but if you are a smoker who needs a cigarette to go toilet (all the smokers know what I mean), beware of your waste bin!
Enrico

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enrico A
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. At the Casablanca we try to be as flexible as possible with our guests so long as it does not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests. Please know, we would never, ever impose any rule simply to be difficult or unfriendly or punitive. We became a smoke free at the request of our guests who were unhappy with our smoking policies. We were happy to comply, as we agreed with the many complaints from our guests who grew tired of smelling smoke from an adjoining room or lingering in the fabrics and bedding of a room previously occupied by a smoker. The $200 fine which is posted in multiple places and reviewed with every guest upon check in, is nominal considering the expense of putting the room out of order for two days to shampoo the carpet, steam clean the furniture and aerate the room to keep our promise to the next guest to provide a smoke free room. This doesn’t come close to covering our costs but it at least it meets us somewhere in the middle. In the past, we took pictures as evidence of smoking. This was because the fee imposed was always disputed at check-out; however, because of your comment, I will now call each room personally to notify any future smoker of an impending fee. We certainly do not want to make anyone feel bad. Moving forward, we will do our best to be more sensitive and as understanding as possible when confronted with this situation again; however, we feel strongly that if anyone chooses to disregard this very important policy, we feel it fair and appropriate to impose our fee.
If anyone has any questions about or policy, please feel free to let me know at john@casablancahotel.com

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Casablanca Hotel and we would go as far as saying it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff were so friendly and helpful from the time we arrived we were a bit early to check in but they told us to help ourselves to the refreshments until the room was ready, they knew the visit was partly for my parents Ruby wedding anniversary and they left a complimentary bottle of wine in the room, a nice touch. The room was on the 6th floor and was quiet with all the facilities you would want and a good size room, the turn down at night with new towels etc was also appreciated. The complimentary refreshements during the day were also appreciated when returning from a day out or evening at theatre. Location could not be better yards from times square yet well sound proofed and quiet. Would definitely recommend and would certainly like to come again!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank C R
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We are from the New York area and regularly stay in this small hotel when visiting NYC. Not only is extremely convenient for the theater district but has excellent access to many subway lines. The rooms are small but very clean and nicely appointed. Beds are comfortable. Besides who stays in their room when visiting NYC? The breakfast room and lounge is welcoming. The service in the hotel is perfect. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billyb52
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The staff I spoke with were friendly, approachable and had a good knowledge of the city. The hotel room itself was tired and could do with updating. It was however cleaned to a high standard, the bed was very comfortable and I was able to get a good nights sleep. I would stay there again for these reasons.

• Stayed: June 2012