$189
$231
$205
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

$391
$345
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$251
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$301
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$149
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$192
$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

1,230 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolluxury hotelroom serviceseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed September 9, 2010

It had been a number years since we had an opportunity to travel to NY for pleasure. We stayed at the Peninusla for the fisrt time. It was perfect in so many ways. The bellstaff was friendly and welcoming when arriving at the front door and the front desk staff professional and accomodating. Our room overlooked Fifth Avenue but not a sound was to be heard. It was quiet, pristine, warm, comfortable and luxurious. In simple terms, the room was perfect! Oh, and the bed, so, so comfortable. We enjoyed the location as it allowed us to walk all around mid-town and was convienent to catch a cab or the subway. Each evening we migrated to the roof top bar and enjoyed the setting and views. NY at night is so beautiful and this space is perfect to enjoy the romance of the city lights. The drinks were delicious dispite the $22 cost per martini - yeah it was a lot, but we enjoyed as we got wrapped up in the mood and setting. I did not visit the Peninsula's spa, but am told by my partenr who did, that is was beautiful and completely relaxing. I am looking forward to returning to the Peninsula and hope to one day be regarded as a frequent guest. This hotel offers the best of everything in NY. The uderstated elgance and discrete enterence make this the perfect plae to base your stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Excellent location: near the Park, one block from Madison, Rockefeller Center, etc. Room recently refurbished, a bit small and with a tube TV but still excellent. Great service all around, room service especially good. Complimentary WiFi throughout the property. Try the rooftop bar. Excellent choice, just bear in mind that the decor is a bit traditional ie. stuffy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We typically travel some 10-12 weeks a year for pleasure (business in addition) and usually stay at top hotels. If at all possible we stay at Peninsulas/Mandarin Orientals as they are hotel groups based in Hong Kong, our home city.

We checked in at about 9.15 pm in late Dec, booking made through Amex Centurion. The Front Desk had a pre-printed form on which I was asked to sign. I noticed that apart from my name, all personal details were wrong: address, telephone number etc. I brought it to the attention of the lady at the Front Desk and she insisted that she had my address right and then rattled out a previous stay of that other person at Bangkok. Naturally I told her that I knew my address, that I had not stayed with them in Bangkok and that the hotel had me confused with some other person. She then put the blame on Amex (which Amex subsequently vindicated themselves). This person was nonchalant throughout. Not a smile or friendly word at check-in. I felt like bothering the matron of some public clinic at peak hour - although we were the only ones at check-in at the supposedly 5-star Peninsula and made no requests.

Our booking was for a suite and were given exactly that. Nothing to complain about the room but nothing to write home about either. Certainly not the best in Peninsula terms, nor compared to Four Seasons/Mandarin Oriental, not even with Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt properties.

We quickly went to Fives for dinner, at about 9.30 pm. No customers in sight, but staff were slouching and chatting loudly. We stood at the entrance as is custom, and waited to be brought in and seated. No one made any approach despite noticing us. After a few minutes, we approached someone who looked like a captain and asked to be seated. He shrugged his shoulders and waved us to a table. I saw a used napkin bunched up right on the floor, 6 inches from my chair. No one bothered with it at all. We managed to catch the attention of the captain again and told him to please take our orders. He asked me and my husband for our orders and left, without asking what our son (11 years old) would be eating and swaggered off. We politely asked him to return and reminded him our son had not ordered, to which he said "Oh, you want to eat? OK! What?".

My food tasted like airline economy food. My son's fish was so heavily salted it was inedible. I summoned the same captain, told him it was too salty and without a word, he swaggered off with the dish, never a word of "sorry you don't this dish" or "would you like something else?"

We saw some other members of staff standing at the landing and eventually discovered that one of them was responsible for food and beverage. Told him of our experience. He was not surprised at all but courteous and apologized.

We had breakfast every morning at Fives. Food was basically fine, as was service, since a different team worked the morning shift. Funny thing was that there was the Oriental Breakfast on the menu which my husband ordered and it included a selection of Asian tea from which to choose. Husband was asked to choose, so he picked one from the options on the menu. Response was that the hotel had run out of that one, and could my husband choose again? Of course, so he tried again. Sorry sir, this option is also out. More tries but no luck. Eventually, my husband asked them what they had stock, and that anything they had would be fine. The answer was ... (guess) they didn't have any! Husband said coffee would be fine too. But why the run-around?

House-keeping was fine.

Tea at the lounge downstairs was good.

Concierge was not only unhelpful, but downright rude.

When we checked out we settled the final bill, as usual. A final receipt was issued.

Then, after about a month, another charge of US100+ appeared on our Amex Centurion statement. Not knowing what it was, I emailed the hotel inquiring what it concerned, marked for the attention of the Accounts Manager and Front Desk Manager. No response. The exercise was repeated at least 3 more times and there was never a response.

Through Amex Centurion I called for details for the charge. Eventually, it turned out to be supposedly for one breakfast. Yet breakfast was included in the rate. In other words, the charge was totally unjustified. No response still from the hotel, after 8 months.

For those used to true Peninsula service, especially at its flagship in Hong Kong, this hotel is a shame, a sad shame. Quite clearly, it is very badly managed,

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
12  Thank WeLiveInHK
Reviewed July 31, 2010

one of the very few five star diamond awards hotels of this world.
they know your wish before you konw it!
a spectecular oasis in a noisy town. treat yourself to the spa, its worth it.
the rooms are spacious with spectacular views, however they are styled the very oldfashioned way, not my particular taste.
the rooftop restaurant, however does not compete.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed for three night at this beautiful hotel. Had booked a superior room, got it upgraded to Deluxe in some reason and then when I came to check in and showed my Amex Platinum they upgraded right away to a Grand Deluxe room with view to 5th street.

Bathroom was astonishing and big. A bathtub with a tv in front of it, very nice shower. Top class room. Sure it is expensive, but this is perfection. Both hotel and service and rooms and location.

The hotel also has a perfect Spa where we had our lunch with very nice views of the City. Also there is a very nice Rooftopbar.

Micke & Åsa