1,243 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenuegotham baroscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolluxury hotelroom serviceseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down service
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I liked it, I liked it a lot. I think the Ritz Carlton is the way to go though on the Park. Service was good, It was spring time and the Park was beautiful. There were zero issues traveling with my kids. Food was good, but not great from room service

A lot of nickle and diming for services/stuff. Kids were treated age appropriate and bed and bath were spacious and very comfortable.

There were small issues that were immediately corrected, but i struggle to figure out why I had to report them, they just should have been correct when we got there.

Stayed Fine Hotel & Resorts, enjoyed the amenities and just don't think it is a 1k a night property.

Still very very nice

Room Tip: park view is the way to go here
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank JimWPPA
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear JinWPPA,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula New York to unwind in a bustling city. We know there are many fine hotels to choose from but appreciate you finding our hotel to be a very special place to stay and relax. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

First impressions were amazing, reception walked us to our room and welcomed us which was very nice. We had a Junior suite on the 12th floor, the room was large for 4 ppl and very quiet. The bed was okay comfortable not the greatest but the pillows were wonderful. The sofa bed was horrid, the mattress was springy and needs to be changed. Housekeeping was on top of things-maybe a little too much, ringing the doorbell a few times a day but not sure if it's a bad thing. No coffee pot in the room but they will bring one if requested. The pool area is beautiful.

If you want to go to the roof top, be ready and go right at opening - it's very small and fills up quickly. Our server on the roof top was extremely rude, when I tried to order he would look to my husband - not impressed with that at all. I think I can order for myself, thank you!

We didn't eat at the main restaurant but we did have a drink/meal at the lounge and it was good. Some employees went above and beyond for us but others were curt and very rude. All in all this is a very pricey hotel (yes, I know, you're in NY) but we've stayed in luxurious and expensive hotels and this was subpar. Didn't meet our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear NattieB_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at The Peninsula New York.

We strive to provide world-class service to each and every guest during his or her time with us, and regret to discover that we have failed to meet the high standard we set for ourselves while you visited our hotel. We welcome the opportunity to discuss additional thoughts on your stay as to best address the complaint you raised and hope you will contact us directly at jonathancrook@peninsula.com

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I had pretty high expectations. I stayed for one night in August. This hotel is quite pricey, I paid nearly a thousand for one night in a standard king room. This was my relaxation splurge before meeting up with some friends in the Hamptons.
I get that this is New York, and that hotels are generally much more expensive than other cities, but I have stayed in much nicer hotels in Manhattan for less than half the price of this one.
The bell/door service and front desk staff were all very nice. The hotel itself is quite dated, and really not up to the standard of a hotel of this caliber. The room was large enoughand the bedding and amenities were nice. The bath tub was quite small and the shower was not great. I kind of just expected more for the price. The pool area was ok although there seemed to be quite a few local people who were using the spa in the pool area and they were quite rowdy.

The bigggest disappointment for me was the service on the rooftop patio. I've debated not posting about this because I'm not here to get anyone in trouble and everyone has off days, but I sat up there for a couple hours after checking out and the male server who was working in that area pretty much ignored me the whole time, he walked past me a few times and I tried to get his attention but he was always busy. He then disappeared for a while, so I went looking so I could place a food order. I asked the woman who was cleaning this area and she was very nice and tried to find him for me with no luck. I eventually walked downstairs to the spa reception and asked if they knew where I could place an order for food, they called and said the server was back on the patio and that I can go up and order with him. I walked back up and still could not find him, the nice cleaning lady then said she would take my order and call it down to the restaurant. Right after I sat down again the server appeared at my table and seemed to not be happy about me ordering through someone else. When he brough my food up (which was a very over priced small basic ceasar salad with a 20% delivery charge added) He asked what my room number was and I said that I had already checked out, he then started acting like I somehow snuck up there and insisted that I had to pay right away before I could eat. I then tried to pay cash and he said he could not give me any change if I paid cash. I then gave him a credit card and he finally let me eat my meal that had now taken over an hour to recieve. After that he never stopped by to ask me how my meal was and kind of avoided me for the rest of the time I was up there.
I honestly would have rated the hotel much higher if it wasn't for that last experience leaving a sour taste in my mouth. The hotel itself is quite average in all other aspects and I will say again that all other employees were fantastic, maybe that one guy was just having a rough day or he legitimately didn't think that a young person with lots of tattoos could be staying there?
Probably wont be booking there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Dear LCToronto_11,

We are dismayed to read this unfortunate and unacceptable interaction you had with one of our team members. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. We have also e-mailed you in hopes for a response. We look forward to your reply.

Pradeep Raman
Resident Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

If you want to be half a block from Trump Tower, this is it. Otherwise, there is better to be had for the price. Because of location it is not possible for any room to have an outstanding view. I had a view of the street. The restaurant was OK, but again far from the best available in Manhatten.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear paulcoleman,

Thank you for providing us your constructive feedback of your visit on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay for the most part and appreciate all your comments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2017

my family stayed at the peninsula for a long weekend-what a beautiful place. service was fantastic. we had a suite with a very comfortable pull out bed for the kids. staff was very helpful and kind. we loved it!

Stayed: October 2017

Dear car0lynfriend,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your experience at The Peninsula New York on TripAdvisor. While we are proud of our product, it is the superior service that we provide and the relationships that we establish that we value the most. Thank you for being our guest and we do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.