“As wonderful as I thought it would be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula New York

The Peninsula New York
Ranked #32 of 479 Hotels in New York City
“As wonderful as I thought it would be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I think I am broken for any other hotel in NY. How do I go back to other hotels when I have enjoyed this one so much?! The service was outstanding, the room was lovely. There is nothing that I would say as bad about this hotel. I sure hope I am able to stay there again as this was such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Gina H.,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Peninsula New York, so much so that you consider us the only hotel to visit in New York. We are also particularly appreciative of the wonderful review and rating you have given us here on TripAdvisor.

We too hope you are able to visit us again to experience our luxury customer experience.

Kind regards,
Jonathan H. Crook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hammond, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was one of the worse experiences I had for a trip...
First of all the room was much smaller than depicted in the pictures online...Our bathtub drain would not work so we had to call for service to take a bath, waited a half an hour for someone to fix the tub...Only courteous staff was one older man at the door who always smiled and was courteous ...I had booked this hotel for use of the car for my MD appt's only to find out it was not available until after 10AM and my MD appt's were earlier in the day...Room was so small and the view was atrocious ...
See attached pictures ...Pool was nice but if you have kids wanting to splash around and have fun other people looked at you like you were annoying them as it is located by the spa so it is a very quiet atmosphere ...I left early as I was very dissatisfied with the room and the hotel still charged me for the night...

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mylilbebe
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

We are sorry to read your review of your last stay in July. While it is a bit discouraging, feedback such as yours helps us to improve upon our service. I hope to discuss your visit in further detail and would be grateful if you would contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I do not understand why it is ranked #87 in NYC. I personally think it is the best in NYC! I have stayed in numerous Peninsula hotels, Hong Kong, Beverly Hills, NYC, London, and found all to be excellent. The NYC location could not be better, right in the middle of 5th Avenue shopping, easy access to Broadway theaters, and wonderful choices for food and drinks.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking 5th Ave are great for "people watching" but not best for noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Location
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for your glowing review and endorsement of our hotel. We realize there are hundreds of hotels in the city to choose from and appreciate your naming The Peninsula the best hotel in New York City. Again, we thank you for your visit - it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Peninsula New York in the not so distant future.

Stoke on Trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

All the public areas have had lots of money, well spent on them, but our experience of the bedrooms, based on two rooms and consultation would reveal them to be poorly cleaned and maintained. Our bathroom was a disgrace, badly stained. Carpets in room were very old and dirty.
Other than that the hotel is well placed to explore New York on foot. Close to Empire State, Madison Square Gardens, Macy's, etc. the tour buses also depart from Penn Station (across the road).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tkota,

Your review of our room product on TripAdvisor is very much appreciated. We pride ourselves on the constant upkeep of our hotel and on occasion, our rooms undergo soft renovations. We trust you will have the opportunity to visit us again to experience this.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Good hotel in a splendid position, with rooms a little bit too small for the price you pay. Service is decent, but in NYC service is never great I am afraid. Very good breakfast and breakfast area, lobby too small

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Faderosa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we are sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay due to your preference of larger accommodations, we are delighted that you found our hotel to be in the most favorable location with excellent breakfast dining options in our Clement Restaurant. We hope this will encourage you to stay at The Peninsula New York again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went to New York to celebrate my birthday so decided to treat myself to a stay at the Peninsula. My room was amazing and the bathroom incredible. Also free wifi which seems to be a rarity and so important for foreign travelers. The staff were all very accommodating and I felt like a VIP. I did a free yoga class while I was there which was a great way to start the day and the pool is a great way to cool off after a long day walking in the city. You can help yourself to tea and coffee throughout the day plus bottled water. And the spa is top notch too with great service. The location cannot be beaten being a few blocks from Central Park and MOMA. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear BornToTravel2346,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to celebrate your special occasion at The Peninsula New York. We hope we left you with fond memories and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Rooms were nicely furnished, tubs were large. TV in bathroom. Historic church view was nice. Very close to great shopping. Wife said Spa was her favorite of all the ones we have visited anywhere. Staff was very accommodating to my wife's vegetarian diet. However, lobby has been known to be filled with music that does not match the elegant ambience. I didn't hover, so not exactly sure exactly where it was originating. However, it was very out of place. Then on a personal preference, it is too far from central park. I really like having coffee and a nice walk in the park in the morning hours. However, for shopping this is a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Adventure-Team_6,

Thank you for reviewing your last visit to The Peninsula New York on TripAdvisor. The music that fills our lobby is ever changing to reflect the season. Undoubtedly it has changed since your last stay in November. We hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon to see the other wonderful changes of our hotel including our new restaurant Clement and the renovation of our Gotham Lounge.

Kind regards,