We stayed at the Peninsula for our quick trip to New York. I have to say the location is very convenient (3 min walk from the E line) with almost everything within walking distant. Our plan was to arrive early and leave our luggage at the hotel; instead, the front desk not only upgraded us but also found a room for our extremely early check-in (around 11:00 am). We were able to walk to the New York public library and buy our broadway tickets, then returned the hotel for a quick swim before the show.
I used the female spa, the lady who helped me get acclimated was very nice. The gym was not too busy that day and I was the only one in the steam room. The individual shower room was great, water was hot enough with good pressure from both rain shower and hand-held shower heads.
We went to their new restaurant Clement for breakfast. The service was impeccable-our waiters paid attention to every single detail. For example, I was shaking my teapot because I thought the tea pouch was not completely soaked causing a lighter tea taste. Within a minute, our waiter came to me and asked if I would like a stronger pot and replaced the whole set.
There are also other examples demonstrating how this hotel pays attention to every possible detail-even the trivial ones. There are only a couple of things they can modify:
1. No bath salt nor body scrub thingy in the bathroom. I am not sure if this is a " upon request" thing.
2. I need to request for hot water because there is no water kettle in the room. I waited for about 20 minutes and no one came so I gave up.
I will return for sure. Now I am even thinking about booking the Peninsula Tokyo for my upcoming trip in Tokyo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its world-renowned service and attention to detail, The Peninsula New York is the prestigious recipient of the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Awards. This magnificently restored 23-story, 1905 landmark building is ideally located, just steps away from world-class shopping, museums and the magic of Broadway. ACCOMMODATION: Each of the 185 spacious guestrooms and 54 suites at The Peninsula New York meet The Peninsula Hotels standards for luxury, guest comfort and technology. Rooms are designed for maximum comfort, with a good night's rest virtually guaranteed. Each room exudes a sense of tranquility and modernity with crisp bed linens, luxurious goose down duvets, flat screen televisions, marble bathrooms with special mood lighting and signature Peninsula bathtub televisions. For the ultimate convenience, bedside electronic control panels regulate temperature, lighting and entertainment systems. WELLNESS: The Peninsula Spa is a rooftop oasis providing an ideal retreat from the demands of the city. Recently awarded the #1 Hotel Spa in the USA by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, this sanctuary of seclusion and peace offers relaxing body treatments and sublime skin care in an environment of sheer aesthetic bliss. The Spa features a luxurious range of heat experiences including a steam room, sauna, ice fountain and "experience" shower, men's and women's private relaxation lounges and an Asian Tea Lounge. The Private Spa Suite is the ultimate personal spa experience for couples, friends or family wishing to retreat in total privacy. A glass-enclosed pool, wraparound outdoor sun terrace and cutting edge fitness center with daily group fitness classes completes the wellness experience. DINING: The Peninsula New York's dining venues combine the comfort of tradition with modern elegance for guests to experience sophisticated dining at any time of the day. The signature restaurant Clement presents an energetic approach to regionally-sourced cuisine for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Bar at Clement offers thoughtful cocktails, wines by the glass and a light menu. After a day of exploring the vibrant heart of the city, the timeless Gotham Lounge is a welcome setting to rejuvenate over Afternoon Tea, or for an unforgettable end to a New York City day, toast from the spectacular rooftop bar and terrace, Salon de Ning, while gazing over panoramic views of the shimmering Manhattan skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula New York Hotel New York City
- Peninsula New York City
- New York City Peninsula
- Peninsula Hotel New York