The Peninsula New York
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$173
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$152
$343
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$256
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$184
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,187 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolroom serviceluxury hotelseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed two nights on Dec 27-29th for a quick holiday family getaway (myself, husband, two young children and our nanny). It's a lovely hotel - beautifully decorated for Christmas, well-maintained and elegant interior. Small lobby/entrance area - not spacious or grand, but that is to be expected for a large city hotel. We arrived early and our room was not yet ready, which was fine as we were planning to go get something to eat, but at least were able to drop our bags off. We were asked if we would like to upgrade (from a Jr. Exec Suite to an Exec Suite), for the price difference of an additional $1000/night. The only difference between the two rooms is 95 sq ft and the view. We declined.

All the staff we encountered was very nice. Our room had a bedroom and a separate living room area with a pullout couch. The room was very clean and in good condition and they even had two small plates of cute little snacks and candy set up up in the room for our girls. What I found very odd however, was that there were no extra blankets in our room and just one pillow in the closet and no sheets on the pullout bed. We called Housekeeping and they were very pleasant of course and came to make up the pullout bed while we were gone. When we came back that night, we found that they made up the bed but didn't leave any pillows, so we wound up using the one extra pillow in the closet and pulled one of the pillows from the King bed in the bedroom (there were 4 on the bed). Because we had our toddler sleeping in the bed with my husband and I, we needed a 3rd pillow and another blanket. The next day I stopped at the front desk on our way out to ask for two extra blankets and an extra pillow (it's just much easier if the kiddos can have their own blankets when we're at a hotel & sharing beds since they move around so much when they sleep). When we got back to our room hours later, they hadn't been delivered. I called Housekeeping to repeat the request and they brought a feather duvet and a sheet instead. I wasn't in the room at the time so they delivered it to my husband who hadn't realized what I requested. After one more call, they finally came back with the blankets. Not a huge deal, but really, why would they not have extra pillows and blankets in the closet (which had plenty of space for it) like most hotels do??!

My husband and I had dinner plans that night, and after we had left for dinner and our nanny and kids were in bed, Housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:20 for turndown service. My nanny had to jump out of bed to open the door to try to keep the kids from waking up. We didn't have the Do Not Disturb sign on, but nonetheless I would never have expected Housekeeping to come that late at night. And, for a hotel of this caliber and at this price, and who knew we were travelling with two young children (we gave their names and ages when we made the reservation), I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that Housekeeping be made aware of this and schedule our room earlier in the evening. Then, after Housekeeping came to clean the room on our second day, they took the half empty bottle of body wash out of the shower, but never replaced it with a new one. Which of course I didn't discover until I got in the shower the next day, which was the morning we were leaving. These things were not huge deals, but something I would absolutely not expect at a hotel that charges $1100/night for the room we stayed in. We found a deal on Jetsetter and paid half-price, but I would have felt very annoyed, to say the least, if had we paid the full price. Again, nothing major and if we were at a Hilton or Marriott, I wouldn't give it much thought, but for the prices they are charging, those small details are completely unacceptable. We often stay in Four Seasons or Ritz Carltons in other cities and never have any issues like that. During our last visit to NYC, we booked two rooms at The Palace on the Concierge level, for about the same price (and had no issues. In our experience, that was a much better value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AlexL40
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear AlexL40,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Peninsula New York and for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn that the level of service you received did not live up to your expectations or the high standards we strive to achieve on a daily basis. I would personally welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further with you, and invite you to contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

I do hope that you and your family were still able to enjoy your visit to New York and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Peninsula New York.

Yours sincerely,
Jonathan H. Crook

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fantastic Hotel, with extremely friendly and courteous staff. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and it tied in with New Year. The hotel is excellently located and easy walking distance of Central Park and all the best shops. We used the swimming pool and the gym which were both excellent. little plates of treats arrived in the room on occasions like New Year. Free Wifi allowed for good internet usage. The roof top Bar was very cool, with views down fifth avenue. The room was very big for New York and was always in first class order. The view called internal courtyard, was not really view at all, but we knew this before we went! A late check out was arranged and enabled us not to have to rush prior to flying out. everything was five star all the way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Thought I would right this review whilst we are still staying at the hotel. We have been here for 3 days and have enjoyed it from the minute we were greeted at the front door by Tony. The rooms are big for New York. The bed is the best we have slept in since arriving in America 4 weeks ago.

The concierge has the best knowledge of what's around to enjoy and how to get it and get there, Richard has been like our private arranger from show tickets to private Tours. We just finished a tour that we would highly recommend for anyone visiting for the first time or re visiting, the information we gained from Marshall was second to none. Personalised to your liking, with an A class driver, I would highly recommend taking a tour with Marshall, booked via the hotel.

The jury is still out as we have one more night staying at this amazing hotel, however to date there has nothing to fault.

Room Tip: We are staying on the 14th floor with a small view although very light and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn94
Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the second we set eyes on the hotel in all its xmas glory to the second we left, my husband and i were treated like royalty. We used the consierges knowledge on 2 occassions and were very impressed. We even had detailed description of where the Harley Davidson store was and how to get there...i am sure that would not be a regular request. We travel round the world staying in hotels for at least 6 months of the year and this has now become our favourite. The room (although without a view) was very quiet and beautifully furnished to a high standard. Immaculately clean. Breakfast in the hotel surpassed our expectations as did the drinks and snacks in the bar after shopping. Only one inconvenience....our limo had deserted us at the airport as our plane was 2 hours late so we had to get a taxi. There appears to be some kind of hierachy with the doormen over cabs allowed at the door because they refused to let us disembark outside the hotel, even though limos were doing so. This necessitated us being deposited with luggage on 5th Avenue and carrying it round ourselves to the hotel.Similar experience when we left for the airport. Our company had ordered a car to collect us but like 'Kazbird72' we were left over an hour waiting with no help from the doormen. Their only interest appeared to be arranging a private SUV for additional cost. It wouldnt stop us returning but we would arrange transport differently next time and not use the doormen.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for 4 nights from 18th to 22nd December with our 6 year old to celebrate my 40th birthday. Upon check in we were immediately offered bottles of water and our daughter was presented with a small cuddly toy. We asked for a roll away bed for our daughter to sleep on but were told that due to "health and safety" this would not be possible. They then tried to get us to upgrade to a larger room at additional cost. We refused as we were pre warned that they would try to do this. Upon arrival to our room it was apparent that there was more than enough space for an additional bed.

The spa on the top floor was amazing with fantastic views of 5th Avenue. We visited it every morning and the staff were very welcoming and one man went out of his way to make sure our daughter had a hot chocolate daily.

I tried to arrange a session in the kitchen with the pastry chef for my daughter one day. Unfortunately no one called me back to arrange which resulted in a very upset child the next day. The food and beverage manager went out of his way to arrange a 30 minute session for my daughter that afternoon where she had a tour of the kitchen and then had the opportunity to decorate cupcakes and dip strawberries and cookies in chocolate. She had the most amazing time and I cannot thank him and the pastry chef enough.

Upon departure from the hotel I asked the concierge to arrange a taxi for us at 4.30pm to JFK. It was nearly one hour later before we managed to get a taxi. We were told that an SUV could be arranged at the cost of $300. We saw that taxis were being turned away to force us to take this option. When the concierge left the front of the hotel we were offered a private transfer for $150 from a gentlemen outside who couldn't speak to us when hotel staff were there. Goes to show that even the staff were trying to make money out of us! To be honest we were so worried about missing our flight we nearly paid the $300 but luckily a yellow taxi saved the day. So beware when trying to get to the airport and leave plenty of time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family