$207
$219
$205
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

$379
$345
Doubletree.com
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$242
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$313
$267
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$169
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$192
$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$130
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

1,230 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolluxury hotelroom serviceseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed October 18, 2012

At 9am on the day of my departure, while I was at breakfast, a team of maids and mini bar staff entered my room, changed the bed, prepared the bathroom for new arrivals and left messages for the incoming client on my table. The room was now ready for the next guests - and yet I had still to shower, pack my bags and check out at the contracted time of 11am. I felt, literally, that the hotel staff were exiting me from under my very feet. Now that is a first. And very uncomfortable. We paid a lot of money for this room and have been left feeling like persona non grata. This hotel should treat their customers with respect if they want people to give them business.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank James B
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I took my two young children to this fine hotel for Columbus Weekend. We were in the city to see two Broadway shows and I chose the Peninsula as our base of operations. The Lion King was great and Annie, in previews, was amazing. The hotel is a wonderful combination of being a "grande dame" while also offering the style and convenience of modern discerning guests. The common areas were beautiful. The restaurant Fives was quite good as was the Gotham Lounge. Our room was a Grande Luxe Room on the 16th floor that looked out on 5th Avenue. The view out our window looked out on the St. Regis Hotel across the street which is easily one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. Our room was beautiful and comfortable and the spacious bathroom suited all our needs. There was even a tv near the deep soaking tub that the kids could watch while I bathed them. The hotel was immaculate and I never saw anything out of place. My niece came in from Brooklyn and was kind enough to watch the children while I enjoyed a 90 minute deep tissue massage at the Spa. The Spa was gorgeous and I felt relaxed from the moment I arrived at this urban oasis on the 21st floor. I was in the relaxation room before my treatment and a radiant, serene asian woman introduced herself and led me to the treatment room. She was amazing. She was strong, but gentle. Her voice was soothing and I was almost hypnotised by her. It was simply the best spa treatment I ever had. I thoroughly enjoyed the Peninsula Hotel. I would go back there without a second thought. A truly first class hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank saint22
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The number one selling point of this hotel is the courteous and helpful staff of the Peninsula hotel. They are extremely polite and efficient and are not afraid to go out of their way to help accommodate your wishes. After a long flight with many delays I ended up not sleeping for 42+ hours before arriving at the Peninsula. The staff was very helpful in arranging an early and efficient check-in.

After a couple of hours my room started to smell like smoke and we discovered there was smoke coming in from the hall between our room and the next room. I am still not sure whether an other guest or staff was smoking in the hallway, but fortunately the front desk arranged a new room within 20 minutes. Once again, they handled it professionally and efficient.

Other positive points are the relaxing and luxurious Spa with sauna, steam room, great showers and massages. A unique feature is the swimming pool as not many hotels in New York offer one - let alone on the 22nd floor boasting great views over 5th Avenue and Manhattan.

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed with the different restaurants and bars at the hotel. Maybe my expectations were too high as I have am a frequent visitor of the bars and restaurants of the Peninsula in Shanghai, which are absolutely superb! I had an average lunch at Fives - which lacks atmosphere. Staff was very friendly though and it is decent for breakfast. The Salon de Ning has great views over Manhattan, but the environment is empty and cold. Drinks are extremely expensive and besides the view, the bar was nothing special.

I was extremely unimpressed by the Gotham lounge. Mainly due to the fact the waiters and bartender seemed to have missed out on the hospitality classes the rest of the staff did attend. Cold and uninterested, not even trying to pretend to be interested in serving the guests in the lounge.

I would have given 5 stars, if I wouldn't have had this unpleasant experience in the lounge. Overall I would definitely recommend a stay at the Peninsula as it remains one of my favorite 5-star hotel brands.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the internal atrium.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We completed our annual late summer NYC sojourn with a four night stay here, after first gracing the Standard High Line. This was my 4th stay at the Pen, including last year's stay, which was inadvertently extended by Hurricane Irene, and during which the front desk was not up to task. Happily, this visit was redemption, and then some, for the hotel, as this stay was nearly flawless.

The entire visit, in fact, was the friendliest I've ever encountered in NYC. Not only were all the people you expect/hope to be friendly (hotel staff, store staff, restaurant staff) friendly, but also unexpected folks like airport TSA staff, drivers, staff at tourist sites like the 9/11 Memorial, and especially the NYC woman running to catch the subway who thanked us when we stepped aside. It was as if the city's oxygen had been supplemented with nitrous oxide.

Our stay began with the taxi driver asking to drop us off across the street from the hotel, us schlepping the luggage to the entrance whereupon the doorman scrambled to help and apologized profusely for the taxi driver's action. Up to the jewel-box reception area we went, scene of last year's misdemeanors. This time, we were greeted by Marie Anne, poised, professional and courteous to a fault, with a lilting French accent. We had booked the Manhattan Retreat package, of which she knew all the nuances--30% off spa treatments, a hotel credit, daily continental breakfast (or $90), late check-out. She escorted us to the elevator.

The room was an L-shaped Junior Executive one bedroom Suite featuring a living room and bedroom separated by a dressing foyer with closet and luggage bench, and the large bathroom (about the same size as in Grande Luxe rooms). With the addition of a kitchen, the suite would have been a charming and large Manhattan pied-a-terre. The windows faced west and south with city views including the MOMA sculpture garden and Rockefeller Center/Top of the Rock. We could almost see the Hudson River. There was a large "Welcome Back" fruit plate on the coffee table. Since last year, the hotel has combined and modernized the TV and DVD remotes into one unit. Alas, I still couldn't get the photo memory card reader to work.

Besides the breakfasts we had in-room, we did not try any of the hotel's restaurants or lounges this visit. I would like to try the Gotham Lounge afternoon tea someday. The restaurant Fives was not serving dinner for some reason. and we were a bit unimpressed with the rooftop Salon de Ning last year (go to the Sun Terrace for the best views).

The Peninsula ESPA Spa remains the hotel's crowning achievement, rated the #1 US hotel spa by Conde Nast Traveler magazine in 2012. The facility has 3 levels--1) reception area, treatment rooms, men's and women's locker rooms and relaxation rooms, saunas, steam rooms, 2) Sun Terrace, a beautifully decorated wrap around space with chaises and dining tables, 3) pool and fitness center with yoga studio. I had been notified by email about the pool's closure for maintenance. Spurred on by the discount included with our package, I splurged on a Men's Retreat Package, which included a Deep Tissue Experience (foot bath, body brushing, massage), Men's Facial, and, unexpectedly, a bento box spa lunch, taken on the Sun Terrace with a view of 5th Ave. and Central Park. Such pampering helped lessen the small amount of guilt felt by whiling away half a day in a zen retreat instead of exploring all the city has to offer.

Nearby restaurants we tried included The Modern Bar Room at MOMA (we had tried the Dining Room last year), and La Bonne Soupe, a casual restaurant serving French bistro food just west of the hotel on 55th, run by French expats. The more upscale Benoit, another French bistro a few doors down with the cache of being part of uberchef Alain Ducasse's culinary empire, was closed for remodeling. Also nearby and new since last year is the largest Uniqlo branch in the US; a Soho branch has been open a few years. Think of this clothing store as a Gap in its heyday, only larger and Japanese-owned.

When checking out, we were graced again with the services of Marie Anne. Knowing from past stays how some details of package inclusions can be missed, I had requested a copy of the folio the night before, and Marie Anne took great care in making the necessary adjustments, a far superior experience compared to last year's exit. There was a small misstep upon leaving the hotel, when a sudden rain and late arriving car service left the doormen and valets scrambling about without offering an umbrella, despite the security man's request for one. Still, it will be hard to top this latest NYC visit, but I will continue to try, annually if not sooner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pillowsofwanderlust
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We picked this location because we only had one night in the city. It was very convenient to so much and was a perfect "perch". Even though our room overlooked Fifth it was very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable and space-wise just fine. The room was very clean and the furnishings all felt fresh. The hotel staff were very courteous, efficient and helpful. The only thing that annoyed me was that there was no coffee maker in the room, though it would have looked "junky" to have one I guess. Maybe there was an urn set up somewhere that we did not know about.
We would definitely return, though as a special stay since it is so expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple