1,268 results
All reviews rooftop bar salon de ning grand luxe room fifth avenue gotham bar oscar de la renta central park new york four seasons indoor pool luxury hotel room service separate shower st regis superior room concierge desk turn down service
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here for two days earlier this month. To be fair we had a substantial discounted rate but I swear after our time there we would pay full price to go back. The place is just first class all the way around. Every one was so nice - especially to our kids- the rooms are amazing - and the pool and work out area - unreal ! It has a great great location and I cannot say enough about our overall experience First class !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kc51295
Reviewed June 20, 2011

$800 a night - why?

Not quite 5-star service (name checking when coming back, from somebody I'd spoken to at least twice before), plus only two people on reception when we arrived (11pm) so took over 10 minutes to check in.

Wake up, whoever runs these joints - if "ultra-luxury" is your by-word, then a lot of ultra-changing is needed.

Room Tip: Pull whatever strings you can
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ChrisinLA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My first mother daughter trip to NYC was made extra special by the Penninsula Hotel. The room was quaint and clean. The staff was consistently pleasant, sincere and helpful. Fredrick, the concierge, was a particular stand out.

The food at Fives, their restaurant,
was average. The location was amazing, walking distance to many places of interest.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Just returned from a four day trip...everything was great. The service from everyone--lobby, front desk, restaurant, etc. was excellent (everyone was so nice). The rooms were inviting and clean. The location is the best in Manhattan.
In general, the total atmosphere of the hotel added immensely to our enjoyment of the trip. I'll be staying there again when I return.

Room Tip: Facing 5th Avenue is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank whecks
Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and I recently spent a long weekend in New York and stayed here largely based upon good experiences we have had at the Peninsula Chicago. We were disappointed. Compared to the grand hotel feel of the Chicago hotel, the common areas of this property are small and unexceptional. As Amex platinum card holders, we have become accustomed to receiving sometimes very substantial room upgrades at their participating fine hotels. Not here. Although the hotel did not seem crowed on a March weekend, we were put in a standard fare room in the rear of the hotel with no view. While there, we didn't have to worry about being bothered with turn-down service there, because there was none. Despite being located right off Fifth Avenue, with thousands of cabs whirring by, having the bellmen actually secure you one can be a problem. The second time this happened while going to the theater, we were finally offered the house car, but at a charge three times that of a cab. Fearing that we would be late, we accepted. Finally, when I recently received my credit card statement an additional charge of $204 was listed from the hotel beyond the total given us at check out, and dated the day after we left. Upon inquiring, I was told that this was for limo service (although the charge for the just mentioned incident was on our bill at check out), and that they would have to look into the matter. They subsequently did leave a message stating that this had been a mistake, and that a credit would be issued. Probably innocent, but it did make us wonder how many such mistakes are made, and how closely some of their well healed clientele audits their bills. We did have a fine time in NYC, though, and are contemplating a return trip next year. This property will not be on our list of hotel options.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple