1,245 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenuegotham baroscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolluxury hotelroom serviceseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down service
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed at the Peninsula in Feb 2011 on a business trip to NY.
What I liked about the peninsula- Location. At 55th and 5 Avenue, Location in NY cant get very much better! Great place to be based if you want to shop-just a stone's throw from Saks, Barney's, Henry Bendell, Zara, Tiffanys and Bergdorf.
Concierge-The concierge had some good recommendations for a variety of places to watch the super bowl, and we landed up at a place we rather liked. Also,this was one hotel with a shopping map for 5th Ave, Soho and Greenwich,which is the first I have seen on multiple NY trips! very ingenious

What I didnt like- the rooms. Mine overlooked a set of balconies of the Peninsula so the view was uninspiring. Kind of spoilt ,as I usually stay at the Trump overlooking Central Park. The rooms have no tea/coffee making facilities, which is rather bothersome especially for a business traveller. Rooms felt small and dark , which was a bit depressing in the winter.

The roof top bar at the Peninsula is rather nice, as it overlooks all of 5th Avenue and gets a nice vibe to it in the evenings. Service was nice and friendly.

All in all, a bit mixed. I'd probably recommend the hotel, but I really wish they'd do more about the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank gp2008Mumbai
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My family of 6 stayed at the Peninsula just before Christmas. The concierge desk did a fantastic job of booking restaurants in the area and we loved the Mini-Cooper we could book for 3 hours to drive us around Manhattan. Service and attention to detail we impeccable by all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank rflodge
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Just stayed at the hotel for 5 days, terrific service and staff, lovely rooms and a location that cannot be beat

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank trishconklin
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I have stayed at the Peninsula several times over the year and unfortunately will not be returning.

I love the location and the room service - and the spa is amazing - however, this time my visit was spoilt by some bad experiences.

I booked to stay for three nights and then opted to to extend for another two nights. The initial room was tiny - even though I'd been promised an upgrade. When I questionned this - the manager confirmed that I'd not been upgraded and arranged for me to move the following day - whilst the mistake was rectified - it caused unnecessary disruption in having to move rooms. When I originally challenged the size of room, I was told that it was all they had by the receptionist - only for the manager to say that this was not the case.

Additionally, breakfast was just OK - however they got the order wrong pretty much every morning.

When I looked to extend my stay - the female receptionsist asked me to call reservations as she was busy - I tried to explain that I was looking to stay at her hotel - but she said she was too busy - I left my number for her to contact me when she got a spare moment - but she did not return my call. Again, I had to contact a manager to solve the problem.

I know this sounds picky - but this is one of the most expensive hotels ($1000+ per night) in New York - and such shabby servive at the front desk is unacceptable.

My recoomendation is to stay at another hotel for probably half the price and book a spa treatment to enjoy the spa and enjoy the roof top bar as a normal customer

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank andre f
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I love the Peninsula Hotel in NYC. I go often on business and always stay there. It's a first class hotel, and the amenities include the spa, restaurant, pool, and business center. It's located right on Fifth Ave, so out your door is shopping galore. The pool is very relaxing, and it's well worth going up to take a quick swim. What a wonderful oasis in the middle of Manhattan. The service is impeccable, as they greet you by name when you return home after a long day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business