“Really good base for NYC stay”

Ranked #47 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just spent 4 days in Fitzpatrick's Manhattan while visiting NYC with our 4 kids 11-18. This is a really comfortable hotel, we got excellent rates for 2 rooms, both upgraded to suites at no extra cost. The rooms were really comfortable & quiet. We did not opt for Wifi in the rooms so the kids spent a lot of time on the free wifi in the foyer which although small was the social centre of the hotel! We did not eat at the hotel but the really helpful concierges gave us some really good recommendations nearby. There is a nice bar for late night drinks.
The hotel is really well located. It is close to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre etc and there are 2 subway stations within a couple of blocks which can get you to anywhere else. We were able to get the subway directly from JFK (Airtrain to Jamaica Station/JFK, E Line to Lexington & 53rd and from there about 5 mins walk to hotel, really quick and inexpensive).
We really enjoyed our time there and I would highly recommend it as a base for NYC visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Allezlesrouges
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Alleziesrouges,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review. I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays in New York and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New Yoirk in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned home to Ireland after the most amazing stay ever at Fitzpatrick's in Manhatten. We had decided that as we had never visited New York before that we would stay 12 nights to make sure we saw it properly. Having heard that New York rooms are notoriously small - we had psyched ourselves up for a basic hotel experience when we arrived - we experienced the complete opposite. We were delighted to be upgraded from a classic room to a suite by the hotel at checking in because we were staying with them so long. Having a large suite to come home to every night made a huge difference to how much we loved our stay in New York and we were really touched by this upgrade. The rooms were fabulous - a large living room, bedroom, bathroom and a kitchenette to boot! Everything we needed and more were in the rooms and house cleaning ensured they were spotless every day when we were there. The rest of the staff at the hotel were really friendly and lovely - and the food at the Fitz was great. We have already decided that we will be making a yearly return to NYC as we loved it and this is the ONLY place we will stay in future. Thank you Fitzpatricks for making our stay so special!

6  Thank magenta_clovisse
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Magenta_clouisse,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your 12 nights in New York and that the hotel played a part in your enjoyment. Thank you for the lovely comment in relation to the team and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Booked the room originally for the location and price. Not realizing that this is the sister hotel to the Fitzpatrick in Dublin Ireland that I stayed at 2 months back. Staff very pleasant and room was clean.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kristen R

Dear Kristen R,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and also that you also found the "staff very pleasant". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

A small and nice hotel, perfectly located, 5 minutes from Central Park south east corner, friendly staff. We were a family of three and had large comfortable room at a reasonable price (being in NYC).
In case, excellent breakfast (fruit salad, pancake, egg benedict) at the Fitz

2  Thank Riccardo C

Dear Riccardo C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular you found the staff friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

on behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I cannot highly recommend Fitzpaticks Manhattan hotel highly enough. I stayed in late June with my wife and three children (8,6,4) for a week. From initial booking inquiries through to the day of our departure all our needs were catered for and the staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. A great family friendly location close to Central Park.

3  Thank Brian O
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Brian O,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular you found the staff "helpful, friendly and courteous". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you and your family for staying at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan for 4 nights at the beginning of July. We were more than satisfied with the hotel and would definitely recommend it. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was a good size, the bed was very comfortable, and the décor was very nice. We arrived at the hotel before 9 am in the morning due to an early flight. We had only expected to leave our luggage since it was too early to check in but the staff accommodated us and let us check in right away for which we were very thankful. We did not have a street view from our room but it was so quiet that we didn't mind.
The hotel is centrally located. We were able to walk to Times Square, the Empire State building, the Rockefeller Center, etc directly from the hotel.
We will absolutely stay at the Fitzpatrick again on our next visit to NY.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank screenname154958
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Screenname 154958,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post yoour review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the location excellent for your sight seeing. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words about them.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

A splendid five day stay at the Fitzpatrick to celebrate a significant 50th birthday! A 14th floor suite was ideal with large plush rooms and enough space for a 13 year old too, plus two large TVs. The location was brilliant and only a short walk or taxi-ride to most essential NY destinations. The staff could not have been more helpful – especially Duty Manager Aiofe O‘Connor and concierges Chris and William. A meal at the Fitz was fine and reasonably priced – whilst swapping world cup semi-final tips with Mr Fitzpatrick himself was a treat! We were recommended this hotel by colleagues in Scotland – and would not hesitate to add our recommendation too! Jardine family – Scotland

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charles J

Dear Charles J,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you had an opportunity to swap football tips with Mr. John Fitzpatrick. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for allowing us to be part of the 50th birthday celebrations and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick hotel in New York in the future.