“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #47 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My daughter, my two granddaughters, and myself spent 3 day in New York last week. We stayed at the Fitzpatrick. We arrived at the hotel at 10am, too early to check into our room. But there was no problem leaving our luggage so we could go off to explore. When we returned we were happy to find a spacious suite waiting for us. There was a small living area with a fold out sofa that the girls slept on and then a king size bed that my daughter and I shared. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Just two complaints, it got rather warm the first couple of days and the only way to cool down the room was to open the windows. And wi-fi is not free, but we spent little time in the room so we wouldn't have used it too much. The location was great, very close to central park and we even walked to time square with a 6 and an 8 year old. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank grandmakate
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Grandmakate,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn that you found them 'friendly and helpful'.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel. The staff in particular were so incredibly welcoming. After we had to change parts of our booking due to a serious family sickness, staff member Jennifer Hooker very kindly gave us a complimentary upgrade to a superb suite, complete with bubbly and chocolates. Whilst these were obviously very unusual circumstances, such attentiveness to guests' experiences seems to be standard practice in the hotel. For example, when we had an issue with our room coffee machine they promptly sent up a tray of coffee, which was a nice touch. The staff were also very informative and helpful whenever we had queries, which was a great aid for our first visit to NYC!

The rooms are very clean and very comfortable. The hotel is in a fantastic location - Central Park and Broadway are both within walking distance, and there's a subway one block away if you're going further afield - and the downstairs bar is really nice, and does a very good Mojito!

I would definitely 100% stay here again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick K
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Patrick K,

I was delighted to read that you enoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff attentive. I know that Jennifer will be thrilled to learn of your kind words about her.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I meant to write this months ago as our stay in Fitzpatrick's for a week last August definitely warrants a mention. A group of us pulled up to the kerb on a hot sticky day scruffy & sandy straight off the Jersey Shore only to dump an array of suitcases, plastic bags, carrier bags, cases of wine, water & wedding paraphernalia in front of the hotel out of a monster rental jeep that had to be emptied & returned pronto - when we were warmly welcomed by the manager Chris O'Sullivan and his lovely staff who took us & our many bags to our rooms as though we had arrived in a dignified fashion! They were all suites so the perfect place to calm down, clean up and re-appear a little more 'Manhattan' for a night out during Restaurant week (for which our booking had been made for us by the hotel). We couldn't fault the suites in Fitzpatrick's, they were pristine & very comfortable and there is a lot to be said for having the extra space in a NY hotel room especially if you have a lot of luggage for some reason or intend doing a lot of shopping and it was great have the fridge & ice box in a neat little kitchen area etc. The newlyweds in the group were given a Presidential suite which was extra luxurious with a terrific bathroom (very spacious) and they were made to feel every bit as special as they were at the time by Fitzpatrick's in addition to being treated to champagne & chocolate strawberries etc. There were extras touches in all the suites like fruit plates (nice robes & toiletries too) which always make a difference. There is a daily charge for Wi-Fi access (I haven't come across that before but maybe it's the same other NY hotels) if you are out & about you may not want it & there is free Wi-Fi access in every Starbucks anyway. It is an 'old style' boutique hotel and the lobby & bar/restaurant areas are small but the bar food is very good - we snacked there a couple of times, also had a couple of good breakfasts in the hotel and while the bar itself was very quiet (or it was the week we were there) we had plans every night so we only convened in the bar for a beers or a cocktail on our way out or nightcaps! The hotel is in a great location - lots of glamorous shops nearby, branches of the popular US brands, nice area for a stroll at night, a few blocks from 5th Avenue & Central Park and so on and you are not looking to stay in the middle of party & club central & you don't mind jumping in cabs - then it makes a cozy relaxed base for NYC. The distinction with Fitzpatrick's is the staff - efficient, friendly but not overly formal or pretentious even (as sometimes found in glossier hotels that prefer their staff not appear as people to the customers) and if you are Irish it does feel like a home from home. They gave good recommendations for places to eat nearby - a Mexican restaurant with the best guacamole ever (freshly made at your table), local diners for the full Monty in American breakfasts, made restaurant bookings for us (or got us in) to hotspots with 30-day waiting lists for those not part of the local scene and very cheerful staff like Ciaron were always at the ready to tell us where we could find significant NYC icons like Macy's!! So thanks to Shane Cookman, the dedicated Chris and all in Fitzpatricks Manhattan who helped made a couple's first 'married' days and their family reunion/ group honeymoon the special week it was in New York for all concerned - we'll be back to stay with you again whether for work or pleasure and hopefully sooner rather than later! Also worth a special mention is Murray's Cheese Bar in Greenwich Village - if you like your cheese & wine you will never forgive yourself if you miss the little piece of heaven this establishment is.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Neetie
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Neetle,

I was thrilled to read that you and the group enjoyed your stay and thank you for the lovely comments about the hotel and staff. I know that the team will be delighted with the very kind comments.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the perfect home from home hotel. Location is ideal, and the bedroom is great. Very neat, cozy, and comfortable. Bathroom was beautiful with good walk in power shower. Nice soap too provided and showere gels etc. Decor was really good, old style meets modern in this boutique hotel. Reception staff were welcoming and very helpful. We would stay here again any time. Great stay!!! Great shops nearby with nice breakfast eateries too!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete H

Dear Pete H,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it very comfortable. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I took my 17 year old son to Manhattan for a few days and stayed at the Fitzpatrick. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The warmth and friendliness of the staff made our stay extra special. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aileen F

Dear Aileen F,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your staff and in particular that you found the team warm and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We loved everything about this hotel, besides comfortable rooms, excellent location, stuff was very helpful and advised us great places to dine. Traveling with a 3 month baby we were very happy to be upgraded to suite, as it was very comfortably having a space for our own, after baby was asleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Artuurss

Dear Artuurss,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff very helpful.. It was nice to read that you enjoyed the extra space of the suite.

On behlaf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I found Fitzpatricks a handy place to stay but I didn't like our room and sort of reminded me of staying in a private room of a YMCA. But it was very clean.
The location suited us well and the staff were very nice and helpful.
We had some good craic with the staff in the bar.
Other family members of ours love Fitzpatricks and would go back tomorrow but I prefer a little more upmarket.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ShaunW1968

Dear ShaunW1968,

I was delightded to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I know that they were thrilled to learn of your comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Area General Manager