New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #45 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Kerry
“Absolutly Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant . Suite 1205 is the place to say. The curtosy of the staff was most refreshing

The food was of a high standard and nothing was a problem to any member of staff.

We travelled with our 4 children and the wifi access was a must. Pity it was not included in the rate but it's not expensive.

It is my 3rd stay at Fitzpatricks but first time with my family.

Obviously we will be back hopefully some time in the future.

The position of the hotel we found to be great, near subway and short walk to most places.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank edmond s
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Edmond S,

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I know that the team at the hotel will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for once again staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We are usually in NYC for Christmas and love being in the mid-fifties on the east side when we visit. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan fits the bill perfectly. It's a lovely, small, chic, boutique hotel with a pub and a café located on the corner of 57th and Lexington. Everything we care about is within a few blocks: Bloomingdales, Bergdorf's, Saks, & Barney's. Petrossian, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Little Italy, Soho, and the theater district are just a short cab ride away. The staff are always warm and welcoming. We like the suites on the upper floors, but the regular rooms are very nice too. The front desk will arrange for a Lincoln Towne Car to pick you up at the airport and take you back when it's time to go home.

Room Tip: The suites give you the most space. They have a large living room with a pullout sofa bed, and a se...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robyn f
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Robyn F,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at that the hotel and in particular that you found the staff "warm and welcoming". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for the Christmas period from 23rd Dec to 30th and have to say that the stay was superb. From the moment we arrived the staff flew out the hotel to grab our stuff and get us sorted straight away and not leave out in the rain!

Staff were always on hand to help out and were exceptionally friendly. Leon and a another young concierge (who for the life of me I cannot remember his name!) were always around to answer any questions as was the manager (who again I can't remember his name!) and sort anything we wanted out.

The room service was always quick to arrive and was always unbelievable to eat so became a bit of a regular thing in our room! I don't think we went a night without ordering room service!

The bar staff were always extremely polite too and anyone I haven't mentioned were equally. The whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy.

All round a fabulous stay and made out Xmas in NYC a very enjoyable one!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TomMcNaboe
Dear Tom McNaboe,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff "exceptionally friendly" and I am also thrilled that you found the "whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy".

Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were there during Super Bowl weekend and not there for the Super Bowl. I had a tough time finding a place to stay and when we got a room at the Fitzpatrick I was leery but pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Great location and very friendly staff. Nice pub in the hotel which is always a plus.Rooms where very clean and bigger than I would have expected. I would definatley go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maria D
Dear Maria D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainlhy appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found our "staff friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of my 30th birthday celebrations. From when we arrived to when we departed the staff couldn't have been nicer to us. As it was a birthday celebration we had a complimentary upgrade and also received a bottle of bubbly to our room from the hotel. Apart from this it was the personal touches from staff that make me recommend this hotel. They never failed to greet you on arrival or departure everyday. The room was a really good size and was clean and warm, the breakfast in the hotel bar was very tasty as was the evening meal. There is a nice blend of Irish and American staff always on hand to give you information on where to go. Location wise this hotel was excellent with most shops on your door step. I would recommend this hotel to anybody for you would have an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: As it is NYC there will always be street noise so the higher floor the less noise you would hear.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gavin P
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Gavin P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you found the "staff nice". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

booked Fitzpatricks hotel Sat/Sun super bowl special .Lady in reservations told me if I booked and paid I would get super bowl special of $399 room I needed two beds in room lots of hype over super bowl so I went ahead and booked only to discover each day after they dropped the room rate but would not allow me to change so I paid $922 for one room for two nights,after speaking with Susanne she agreed to give breakfast whick was just ok.This room rate dropped by half by super bowl weekend but Fitzpatricks management would not allow me to cancel or change.On the positive side they allowed early check in and the room was really spacious and comfortable staff were nice and helpful hotel in great location close to central park and shopping

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Teresa9999
Dear Teresa9999,

I am delighted that you found the staff "nice" and the location of the hotel good. On your next visit to New York please contact me and I will make sure to take care of your arrangemetns personally.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love this hotel, have stayed a couple of times before and look forward to returning again very soon. A wonderfully warm Irish welcome without being over the top or twee. Perfect location with friendly and helpful staff and an excellent base for any style of New York business trip or holiday.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank anna d
Dear Anna d,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff "friendly and helpful". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind review.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrickfamily hotel in New York in the future.