“super bowl weekend”

Ranked #47 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 6, 2014

booked Fitzpatricks hotel Sat/Sun super bowl special .Lady in reservations told me if I booked and paid I would get super bowl special of $399 room I needed two beds in room lots of hype over super bowl so I went ahead and booked only to discover each day after they dropped the room rate but would not allow me to change so I paid $922 for one room for two nights,after speaking with Susanne she agreed to give breakfast whick was just ok.This room rate dropped by half by super bowl weekend but Fitzpatricks management would not allow me to cancel or change.On the positive side they allowed early check in and the room was really spacious and comfortable staff were nice and helpful hotel in great location close to central park and shopping

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Teresa9999
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Teresa9999,

I am delighted that you found the staff "nice" and the location of the hotel good. On your next visit to New York please contact me and I will make sure to take care of your arrangemetns personally.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love this hotel, have stayed a couple of times before and look forward to returning again very soon. A wonderfully warm Irish welcome without being over the top or twee. Perfect location with friendly and helpful staff and an excellent base for any style of New York business trip or holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank anna d

Dear Anna d,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff "friendly and helpful". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind review.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrickfamily hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely one week stay in the Fitzpatrick hotel for our honeymoon in New York. Cannot say more kind words about this hotel, great Uptown East location close to Central Park and not far from 5th Avenue. Also a few nearby subway stations to ease getting about Manhattan. We stayed in a very comfortable suite which was serviced daily by a wonderful cleaning lady who helped us in any way possible and kept our room spotlessly clean. Concierge Peter was very helpful booking us our Helicopter ride over Manhattan and recommending places to dine in while there. Reception staff were all extremely kind and professional at all times getting us cabs when needed and greeted us with a smile every time we passed them. A very special hotel thanks to it's excellent staff, the owner or hotel manager should be very proud indeed with the day to day running if this hotel. We will return! Thank you for everything!

A

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dublinmallorcaelle
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Dublinmallorcaelle,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff kind and professional. I know that the team will be delighted to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us while you were on your honeymoon and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a Wednesday evening and Shane, Chris, Leo and I think Sharon made our stay magic. Everything from shopping tips, subway directions and bookings were all taken care of and were all great recommendations. They have to be the best hotel people in the business and get my highest of recommendations. The hotel itself had great charm and in a great location 5 minute walk from central park and 5th avenue. Couldn't recommend more. Only mistake is we didn't stay longer!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Simon C
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Simon C,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning so many of the staff by name. I know that the whole team at the hotel will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for a week for a shopping trip, we have been to New York several times and know the area well this hotel is very centrally located just a few blocks from Times Square and the Metro. The staff were very helpfull at all times, we got a large room which can sometimes be difficult in New York , the restaurant was lobely as was the bar very mod the only thing I did not like was the added a 18% service charge to all meals I prefer that to be at my discretion other than that I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adrian l

Dear Adrian I,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the "staff very helpful". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzparick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights with my boyfriend and really enjoyed it. Could not fault anything. It was my boyfriends birthday during the stay and we got a comp bottle of champagne which was lovely. The hotel is in a great location, so close to subway and 5th ave. Staff were lovely. It was a really enjoyable stay!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birdie83
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Birdie83,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the "staff lovely". i know that the team will be delighted to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and allowing us to be part of your boyfriends birthday celebrations. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Homely feel to a great located Manhattan hotel.

Chris and the team create a lovely atmosphere & are only too welcome to help with anything from an umbrella when going out in the snow, to the best place to get reduced Knicks game tickets from. Directions/ best travel suggestions for wherever you are looking to go, getting you a taxi when your feet can't walk anymore or it's so cold you deserve a ride instead of a chilling walk! They even helped us check in online for our return flight and printed our boarding passes as well as trying to make reservations at a downtown bar for us that we couldn't get through to ourselves.

We used the trip advisor site when deciding where to stay in NYC and couldn't recommend the Fitzpatrick more, it's a great find & would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat.

We had a complimentary upgrade for my birthday to a 1 bed suite, which was perfect. And although we were at the front of the hotel and the noise from the road took a night or 2 to get used to, that's the price you may have to pay for such a fantastic location, Central Park, Bloomingdales, Lexington avenue subway stations a stones throw away and Park, Madison and 5th Avenue all your local shopping haunts! Times Square only a 20 minute walk too

Thanks to all the team for looking after us so well & making us feel welcome, we will be back!

Ben and Rachael Cleverley

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room if you don't want to look out to the New York skyline and would prefe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael C
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Rachael C,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying at the hotel and that you found all the team excellent. I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn of your kind words. Thank you for also mentioning how close we are to certain shops and New York attractions.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for deciding to stay with us and thereby allowing us to share in your special birthday celebrations. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.