“Quite nice!”

Ranked #46 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Quite nice!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The reception is very friendly in an oirish kind of way. There are Tayto crisps in the bar. It is buzzy, but not chic. Rooms are small, clean, and well-equipped. The location is very good. It was easy to reach from the airport. I took a bus and the driver was very familiar with the hotel. The lobby is small; food in the bar was very basic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A H
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear AH,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team was thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
East Devon, England
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick for 8 nights in October. It's a very friendly hotel in a good central location and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was very comfortable (given 8 nights we opted for a small suite and it was exactly as shown in the photo on their website). Unfortunately it is let down by its rather tired and not so convenient facilities.

Pluses - it really is friendly, perhaps the Irish nature, and the staff were mostly very helpful (Peter the Concierge especially so); our room was very comfortable, well cleaned and serviced; when we complained it was too hot, a fan was put in our room straight away; great location on Lex and easy to get to the subway, Central Park, shopping etc.

Minuses - it's an old, small building and many of these minuses stem from that; small bathroom with shower in the bath, really quite pokey especially for two; WiFi cost $14.95 per day per device - absolutely outrageous, especially when half the time it didn't work (free WiFi in the lobby but not so convenient); only two lifts and no service lift so when the cleaners are at work (or one lift breaks down as it did) you can wait five minutes for it to arrive; lobby area is unimpressive, the bar unwelcoming (v loud music when we went for a drink before dinner and only about three other people in there. We didn't stay for a drink and I'm not surprised so few people in there); breakfast was generally good (great Irish bacon) except one morning when it was really poor, but the chairs are very uncomfortable (very low seats or unpleasant high barrel backs); at one point they switched from A/C to Heat and it was really hot (hence the fan) - we just opened the windows but not so good when above Lex at night time.

Would I recommend - only if you get a good rate; would I go back - probably not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Henry K
Dear Henry K,

I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and helpful and I know that they were thrilled to learn of your kind words. I am grateful for your constructive comments and will have certainly taken them onboard.

Whenever you are plannning your next trip to New York please contact me directly, so that i may assist you with same.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Bury, Gtr Manchester
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We've just returned from a wonderful trip to NYC made all the more special by choosing the Fitzpatrick Manhattan as our base.
From the moment we checked in the staff were friendly and helpful, a bottle of champagne and fruit we were given to us to celebrate Sophies 21st birthday which was lovely surprise .
The hotel is an ideal base for shops and sights without being in the middle of all hustle and bustle. We walked to Bloomingdales, stopped off at the hotel to drop our shopping off before hitting the shops on Park Avenue for more bargains.
We ate most of our meals at the hotel, the quality and choice were very good. The bar area was very comfortable and welcoming, Allison and Ana looked after us very well, nothing was too much trouble, thank you ladies. The Fitzpatrick is lucky to have such professional, caring staff.
We felt very safe/secure and wont hesitate in recommending the hotel to our friends/family.

Room Tip: Room (suite) 307 situated at rear of hotel. Very comfortable bed, huge bathroom, comfortable sitting...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Buddy0211_11,

I was delighted to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your daughters special birthday celebrations. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Once again, we stayed for the weekend at Fitzers. What's not to like ? The location is excellent - just two blocks from Bloomingdales. The welcome and service were friendly, attentive and helpful with a distinctly Irish flavour. The bar is great with some of the best cosmos around (they serve a version with vanilla vodka which is deadly!) and you'll usually see someone you know or who is well-known in Ireland. The rooms are elegant and, for New York, comfortable and spacious. It's not cheap but, then, what is in New York ? We won't stay anyplace else in the city so long as the funds hold out. Saving already for the next trip in 2014.

Room Tip: There were three adults in the party including 17 year old teenager so a suite was the most economic...
Dear David,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed at the hotel and indeed it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently arranged for a one-night stay at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan to celebrate a birthday in New York. I called the general manager, Chris to make the arrangements. Every aspect of our stay was wonderful! It began with Chris, who was professional, friendly, and dedicated to the needs of hotel guests. Check-in could not have been better, thanks to the excellent staff. The hotel is absolutely lovely, and our room was perfect, from the amenities to the space and decor! The hotel's location was ideal for dining, shopping, and walking. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan is the best,
and I can't wait to stay there again on my next visit to New York.

Dear Enid L,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found Chris very helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forwward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here in September 2013 on our first ever visit to NY (and the USA for that matter) for my wifes birthday. Wonderful, friendly staff. The food was lovely and the bar had a nice cosy feel. The Irish chap serving in the bar was very friendly and as we're Brits it lessened the slight culture shock of being in NY for the first time. The rooms are clean, spacious and surprisingly good at keeping out the noise from the street below. As it was located on Lexington Ave it was only a short walk to Times Sq and Central Park and literally within 200 yards of Bloomingdales. As we're Brits we're used to bad customer service but the Americans are always very accommodating but the staff at the Fitzpatrick were another level of professional and helpful.
100% recommended and if we ever again visit NY I'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hypercc
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Hypercc,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We recently visited New York for the first time for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, staying for 7 nights in this Hotel. Shane, the Manager made sure our stay was as special as the occasion as he upgraded us to what I can only describe as a superb suite. The location was ideal. Close enough to all you might wish to see but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. The staff were highly efficient, the Bar and Restaurant had just the right amount of privacy and ambience. When we visit New York again we shall stay at the Fitzpatrick.

Rob & Val C

Room Tip: In any hotel in New York the higher up you are the better. The better the view and the less the nois...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robin C,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed spending your 25th wedding anniversary with us and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.