We stayed at the Fitzpatrick for 8 nights in October. It's a very friendly hotel in a good central location and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was very comfortable (given 8 nights we opted for a small suite and it was exactly as shown in the photo on their website). Unfortunately it is let down by its rather tired and not so convenient facilities.
Pluses - it really is friendly, perhaps the Irish nature, and the staff were mostly very helpful (Peter the Concierge especially so); our room was very comfortable, well cleaned and serviced; when we complained it was too hot, a fan was put in our room straight away; great location on Lex and easy to get to the subway, Central Park, shopping etc.
Minuses - it's an old, small building and many of these minuses stem from that; small bathroom with shower in the bath, really quite pokey especially for two; WiFi cost $14.95 per day per device - absolutely outrageous, especially when half the time it didn't work (free WiFi in the lobby but not so convenient); only two lifts and no service lift so when the cleaners are at work (or one lift breaks down as it did) you can wait five minutes for it to arrive; lobby area is unimpressive, the bar unwelcoming (v loud music when we went for a drink before dinner and only about three other people in there. We didn't stay for a drink and I'm not surprised so few people in there); breakfast was generally good (great Irish bacon) except one morning when it was really poor, but the chairs are very uncomfortable (very low seats or unpleasant high barrel backs); at one point they switched from A/C to Heat and it was really hot (hence the fan) - we just opened the windows but not so good when above Lex at night time.
Would I recommend - only if you get a good rate; would I go back - probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel offers comfortable, modern amenities and personalized service ideal for both leisure and business travelers alike. With 91 rooms and suites, our intimate size allows us to focus on your every need and provide you with a personal level of service that you would experience at the finest Irish country house hotels. This, coupled with our desirable location, makes the Fitzpatrick Manhattan the perfect place to stay in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York