“Great location - wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Ranked #59 of 475 Hotels in New York City
Dublin Ireland
“Great location - wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just returned from first trip to New York - The Fitzpatrick Manhattan was an excellent choice of hotel. The location on Lexington really suited our needs - quality shops, wonderful restaurants and subway ride to most tourist attractions. Walking distance from Central Park we did get up early and joined the throngs running through the park - highly recommended .....Our room, ensuite was large, bright and spotless. The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and informative. Their recommendations on restaurants and shops never failed to please us. Will definitely save for the next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Anne T,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff friendly, helpful and informative. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us on your first visit to New York and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall hotel very good to stay. We were family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children and we had 1 bedroom suit as we were staying there for 4 nights from 8 August to 12 August 2013. The room we stayed was in room 1501 and the accommodation size of the room was good. Therefore we cannot say much for the other rooms of hotel. All staff members were very much helpful along the room services too. The negative comments we have is that all furniture in the room is very dark and old and same goes for the bathroom too. As we do not have any personal negative of this hotel we would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone. The room price we found to very expensive in compare to other hotels available in same area, maybe because we had 1 bedroom suit compare to single room suit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Himanshu S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the team helpful. I know that the staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just back from a four night stay here for my surprise 30th birthday.
The hotel staff were always friendly whatever time. Informative about places to go and things to see, so very helpful and even printed our boarding passes for the return flight.

Food was also excellent, and the location brilliant.

I cannot fault this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommy_Boy36
Dear Tommy_Boy36,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your surprise 30th birthday at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I made a last-minute reservation via Orbitz without any info about this hotel other than a quick glance the TA listing and reviews here. Our NYC trips are always medical in nature so YMMV if traveling for vacation. My husband is a patient at Sloan-Kettering and we usually just drive in for the day. However, this time he had a full day of tests at the 53rd St location starting early on Columbus Day and were seriously worried about traffic from the parade. With an Orbitz coupon we managed to pay under $200/night for a Queen room for a Sunday night into Monday.

Pros: Super staff, everyone we met was charming and helpful. Stylish rooms. Excellent black-out curtains. Nicely appointed bathrooms with a walk-in shower. Very good (if pricey) room-service breakfast. Good closet space with plenty of hangers and safe. Valet parking at a local garage. Fantastic location for restaurants and shopping.

Cons: Room 505 view was into a wall and other rooms, which I call the "discounted rate booked on a 3rd party travel site view"; (Not the hotel's fault, but across the way a large man was watching TV in his very tiny black briefs. With his curtains wide open. Ours stayed closed for the rest of our stay!). Terrible TV reception/quality - every face a glowing red on ours. It wasn't worth calling downstairs for just one night. Bathrobe hung on bathroom door was pretty dirty which was surprising as the rest of the room was very clean. I'm guessing it hangs there until someone either uses it or buys it? The lower third of it was very grungy as if people had been wiping their hands on it. A requested extra top sheet came with a huge hole in the middle of it.

While there were a few small details missed, overall we were very happy with our choice and would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth B
Dear Beth B,

I was delighted to read your review and thank you for the constructive comments which I have taken onboard. I know that the team will work on the items that need to be addressed.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and please email me directly whenever you have a need to come back to the city. My email address is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Fitzpatricks Manhattan in six years and I was very satisfied with my stay. I was with my two teenage sons, so we chose a Junior Suite i.e. bedroom with two very large twin beds, and a sofa in the sitting room that converted to a bed for the older son. The suite has a small room just inside the door, where there is a coffee station, a sink, and fridge, and space to pile up some luggage.

The bathroom is small but adequate, with good water pressure in the shower, and there's a roomy enough cupboard in the bedroom to hang clothes, store shoes, bags etc. The big beds are raised and are very comfy, and would pass for a double in some hotels. The aircon is controlled manually through simple switches on the wall of the bedroom, with three settings. The blackout curtains are very effective.

On the lobby floor, the hotel has a bar and restaurant, which lead into each other. The bar ambience is dark and there's a friendly buzz. Fitzers, the restaurant, is surprisingly good: we loved the burgers. The hotel is full service i.e. there is an extensive room service menu available for most of the day and night, and the chefs are obviously up to par.

One thing I like about Fitzpatrick Manhattan is the location. The hotel is surrounded by a range of shops where you can buy deli food, drinks, newspapers etc, and the same goes on Third Avenue, the next block over. This contrasts with other midtown locations, where after office hours you can't buy anything. Traffic goes south on Lexington so you can always get a cab downtown, and there's a regular downtown bus too.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan is just beside the intersection of Lexington and 57th Street, and the subway station at Lex and 59th Street has a regular subway service all the way down to SoHo and Wall Street, including express trains in the morning. For last minute shoppers, Bloomingdales is around the corner.

Lexington Avenue and 57th Street are very busy thoroughfares, both in terms of traffic and pedestrians. When you step outside the door of this hotel, you know you are in New York.

Room Tip: if you want peace and quiet, ask for a room that's not overlooking Lexington Avenue.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ballymuttan,

I was delighted to read your lovely review and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family and I had reserved a 1 bedroom suite and we were given a suite on the 9th floor over looking Lexington Avenue which I have to say was clean and quite large. I was only once in New York before and the last hotel we stayed in was in Time square. I was hoping to stay in that area again but got a great rate to stay in Fitzpatrick’s. I’m glad it worked out this way as the location to Bloomingdales was super for the wife. I was afraid she would never leave it and hate to think of the credit card bill when it finally comes in. The kid loved the fact they were close to the Apple store and Central Park.
The only issue we had was that a room next to us seemed to be having a party but I do have to say Management was super and dealt with the matter in a professional manner. We made a call to the desk and the lady on reception said she would have the manager come up. I heard the manager knocking on their door and asking them to keep the noise down, however I had to call down to the desk about 10 minutes later as they hadn’t adhered to the request. The manager came back up and asked the additional guests in the room to go down and wait in the bar or restaurant so they could continue there get together as there was guest with families on the same floor.
All in all this was super location and I have to credit the hotel for acting fast in resolving the issue the next morning the Manager meet me and explained that it was not the norm and apologized for the disturbance.
Thanks for making this a trip of a life time.

Room Tip: Wont stay any where else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John M
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I ceratinly appreciate you doing so.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that in relation to the noise issue you encountered that the Manager on duty acted quickly in resolving same for you. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel is discretely low key with efficient and pleasant staff. I booked a deluxe room but ended up in a suite. It was very good indeed. Well presented and spotlessly clean. If I was to be picky it would be that I prefer a separate shower cubicle to a shower in a bath as was on offer.
The hotel is very convenient for Upper mid town being on Lexington just south of 57th Street. For those who want to use the subway it is a short walk to the 53rd St station.
The Irish influence was very understated. A couple of photos in reception and some food in the restaurant and Christy O'Connor Jnr biography on a bedroom desk. I neither saw nor spoke to any Irish staff in my 2 night stay. On one view a shame but then it is not a theme park. The staff at reception were very helpful when I needed an adaptor plug and later to print out a boarding card. One gripe is that there is no Wifi access included in the room charge. You have to log into an AT&T Wireless and pay $14.99 per 24 hours which is steep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scol,

Thank you for taking the time to post yoour review and I certainly appreciate you doingso.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff efficient and pleasant. I am sorry that you didnt meet any of our Irish team members.