“Trip of a Life Time and Best Hotel I stayed in Staff out of this world”

Ranked #47 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family and I had reserved a 1 bedroom suite and we were given a suite on the 9th floor over looking Lexington Avenue which I have to say was clean and quite large. I was only once in New York before and the last hotel we stayed in was in Time square. I was hoping to stay in that area again but got a great rate to stay in Fitzpatrick’s. I’m glad it worked out this way as the location to Bloomingdales was super for the wife. I was afraid she would never leave it and hate to think of the credit card bill when it finally comes in. The kid loved the fact they were close to the Apple store and Central Park.
The only issue we had was that a room next to us seemed to be having a party but I do have to say Management was super and dealt with the matter in a professional manner. We made a call to the desk and the lady on reception said she would have the manager come up. I heard the manager knocking on their door and asking them to keep the noise down, however I had to call down to the desk about 10 minutes later as they hadn’t adhered to the request. The manager came back up and asked the additional guests in the room to go down and wait in the bar or restaurant so they could continue there get together as there was guest with families on the same floor.
All in all this was super location and I have to credit the hotel for acting fast in resolving the issue the next morning the Manager meet me and explained that it was not the norm and apologized for the disturbance.
Thanks for making this a trip of a life time.

Room Tip: Wont stay any where else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John M
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I ceratinly appreciate you doing so.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that in relation to the noise issue you encountered that the Manager on duty acted quickly in resolving same for you. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel is discretely low key with efficient and pleasant staff. I booked a deluxe room but ended up in a suite. It was very good indeed. Well presented and spotlessly clean. If I was to be picky it would be that I prefer a separate shower cubicle to a shower in a bath as was on offer.
The hotel is very convenient for Upper mid town being on Lexington just south of 57th Street. For those who want to use the subway it is a short walk to the 53rd St station.
The Irish influence was very understated. A couple of photos in reception and some food in the restaurant and Christy O'Connor Jnr biography on a bedroom desk. I neither saw nor spoke to any Irish staff in my 2 night stay. On one view a shame but then it is not a theme park. The staff at reception were very helpful when I needed an adaptor plug and later to print out a boarding card. One gripe is that there is no Wifi access included in the room charge. You have to log into an AT&T Wireless and pay $14.99 per 24 hours which is steep.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Scol,

Thank you for taking the time to post yoour review and I certainly appreciate you doingso.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff efficient and pleasant. I am sorry that you didnt meet any of our Irish team members.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Recently spent five nights in hotel and it wonderful from checking in until leaving. Staff could'nt do enough for particularly the Manager and Assistant Manager. The staff on reception were very helpful even printing a map to guide us the hollow'een shop. Bedroom was very comfortable with lots of lotions in bathroom.

Would stay here again

Room Tip: Room on south side would be nicer
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KatieDundalk2013,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is very well located, close to the subway, sights and shopping. the rooms are well equipped and very comfortable. The staff are exceptional, with great suggestions and very helpful in getting tickets. Breakfast was excellent (Traditional Irish was one of the choices)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dunne62_10,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the staff exceptional. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Checking in was a breeze and the rooms were cleaning and bigger than I expected. However, I was going out with friends that night and had them meet me in the hotel so we can all leave together and they walked right in and came up to my room. We were not noisy at all, (people passing by our room verified this) and the manager that night came up to my room and knocked on the door and demanded that my guests leave, that we were not allowed to have visitors (it was 9:20 PM at the time, very early for a Saturday night). He spoke in a rude, condescending, and disrespectful tone. When I apologized and said we would be leaving in 10 minutes, he said 10 minutes was not good enough, my guests had to leave now. He stood in the hallway and watched my door for 10 minutes and escorted my friends out. I would understand if we were making noise or disrespectful to the property, but there was simply no flexibility or respect in the situation. I was talked down to and the attitude this man had for being a manager was appalling. He then said that I was required to get my ID scanned before I left the hotel that night to ensure when I return, that I'm the person coming back to the hotel and no one else was. Truthfully speaking, no one else was going to come back anyways. The room was registered for 2 people and only 2 people were sleeping there that night. I came back early and checked out immediately and traveled 1.5 hours to stay somewhere else than sleep a night in that horrible establishment. Avoid this hotel at all costs. The employees were condescending, disrespectful, and overall horrible people. For the price I paid for the room, I should have been treated like a human being and that was not the case at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all costs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank SA O

Dear SA O,

I was sorry to read that you found a member of the team rude and I would like to extend a most sincere apology to you. I can assure you that we take all constructive comments seriously and as a team in the hotel we learn and grow from same.

If you would like to contact me personally in relation to your stay my email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

i was so excited to stay here. the location is decent. not too far from everything. the rooms are very nice, clean and appealing. while the property is nice, but the employees were incredibly rude. not worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MissM577

Dear MissM577,

I am sorry to read that you found the employees rude and i would like to extend a most sincere apology to you.I can assure you that your experience is far from the normal high standard on customer service that we set ourselves.

If you would like tocntact me personally to discuss your concerns my email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Wonderful hotel with exceptionally friendly staff. I'd particularly mention Aoife at front of house who was so professional and extremely helpful and also Megan in the bar but, to be honest, every staff member I met was just so pleasant. My room was really comfortable and I slept very well. Breakfast was also good. The location is super - a couple of blocks to the subway and very handy for Bloomingdales and the sights of 5th Ave.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Familyontour,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you found the team exceptionally friendly and I will personally thank the two team members that you mentioned in your review. I know that all of the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.