“Great lication!”

Ranked #43 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Buenos Aires
“Great lication!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- location was great, near the Central Park!
- room was spacious

Cons:
- no breakfast included in the rate
- no ice machine
- no fridge at the room
- very late check in
- they charged free number phone calls

I think I will not come back to this hotel if I come back NYC. Very expensive!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gabiotalm
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Gabiotalm,

I am delighted that you found the location of the hotel excellent for your stay. In relation to an ice machine we deliver ice to the rooms on request and we would also have been happy to bring a fridge to your room.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and when you are next visiting New York, please contact me personally on my email scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
North East
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very friendly staff, who made us very welcome. The room was very pleasant indeed, well laid out, comfortable with everything we needed. The staff at the bar and the restaurant were very good as was the food. Keiran lent the personal touch making this feel like a family run Irish hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VictoriaNorthEast
Dear VictoriaNorthEast,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff very friendly. I will make sure to thank Kieran personally.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

UK
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago.
We stayed at Fitzpatrick Grand Central last year and as no rooms were available there we chose this one.
Service is second to none. One one occasion we got back late afternoon and it was hot. The concierge brought us glasses of iced water as we walked in.
The suite we had was spacious and had 2 walk in wardrobes, a small kitchen area with a fridge and a separate large lounge area with a second television.
We had breakfast each morning and ate on 2 evenings in the restaurant. Food and service was very good and well priced.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear AlanUK1,

Thank you for posting your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words. Thank you for staying with us last year in our sister property at Grand Central.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location for seeing the sites of New York. Only a short walk from Broadway, times Square 5th Avenue etc. The staff are friendly and welcoming, we received a complimentary bottle of champagne from the hotel as we were celebrating our honeymoon. The rooms are spacious and the beds are big and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thecrazy88
Dear Thecrazy88,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i certainly apprecaite you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Thank you for staying with us on your very special occassion and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We felt very smug having found this lovely hotel in New York. We were In NY for 4 nights from the UK at the beginning of a touring holiday of New England and wanted somewhere fairly central but not too big. We found it in this hotel.

From the very beginning, the staff were very polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They remained so throughout our stay and added to the experience. Of particular assistance was a charming young man, not too long over from Ireland on a year's experience training, who went out of his way on several occasions to answer questions or find any answers he did not know.

The room was not overly large but completely adequate in size, and finished off in a very pleasing manner. It was comparatively quiet for central NY, but the downside of this was that there was not a view from the window as it was away from the street. The location was very central for our needs, with Madison and 5th Avenues a block or two away. Bloomingdales was one block away.

The restaurant offered very good breakfasts, at a competitive price for NY. We did not eat here otherwise as NY offers great temptations of every eating kind.

Would we stay here again? Most certainly yes the next time we are in NY, which hopefully will not be that long.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward tend to be quieter, although you loose the view. Better that as you can get out...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanS7
Dear JanS7,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for decding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My parents and I stayed here for a week at the end of May for my sister's wedding. We were generally very pleased with our stay. The hotel gave a real traditional feel which was nice and all of the workers were very helpful with all of our enquiries. We stayed in a suite as there were 3 of us. My parents had a large bedroom with a huge bed and ensuite and I had a large sofabed in a separate living room with a tv etc which was very comfortable. The location was very good - it is very close to all of the connections needed to get around the city. The only downside (which wasn't the hotel's fault) was that we had 3 seasons within 1 week in Manhattan and when it was absolutely freezing (yes, even in May!), the hotel couldn't provide any heating as they alternate between heating and air conditioning depending on the seasons. They did, however, give us a small heater to help us get through the first couple of nights.
The food in the bar was kind of expensive too, but no-one really wants to eat in the hotels anyway :-)
I would recommend a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma P
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Emma P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel with your parents and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Indeed unfortunately this May we did have the change in seasons which does make the changeover from heat to a/c and back very difficult but I am glad that the team provided at least a heater.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for a few days break while attending a wedding in New York. The hotel is in a fantastic location and the staff could not be any friendlier and are willing to go the extra mile helping with anything needed. Our room was a suite with a separate living area and we found it a little dated and in need of an upgrade. It wasn't terribly good value versus similar rooms in other hotels around the city. The lifts also seemed to take an eternity to arrive!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Adam R,

I am delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and willing to go the extra mile. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

If you are visiting New York in the future, please contact me personally and I will take care of the arrangements for you personally.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York.