“First Class!”

Ranked #47 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Donegal Town, Ireland
“First Class!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having just spent 4 nights in this hotel, we could not recommend it highly enough. All the staff were very helpful and were more than willing to give any assistance they could. We were upgraded to a two room suite which was very comfortable, spacious and spotless. The hotel's location makes it ideal for shopping and sightseeeing. We look forward to our next trip!
Regards
Geoffrey & Jennifer

3 Thank Geoffrey897
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Geoffrey897,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank Jennifer and yourself for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
Quincy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very cozy and quaint hotel. Loved the rooms and bathrooms, great customer service and location. The bar/lounge had a nice atmosphere, friendly bartenders and reasonably priced drinks. Overall our stay here was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brooke B
Dear Brooke B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. Convenient for business, shopping sightseeing etc. Just down from Blumingdales near the park and a few blocks from the nearest subway. An intimate hotel with the service and professionalism to match the best in New York. Staff very friendly and attentive to your needs. The bar a place to linger in and talk to the bar staff or whoever else is there, such is the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank PaulHaran
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Haran,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Overall I would recommend this hotel. This boutique hotel has a wonderful staff, and our 2 room suite was very comforable with a quaint older period style. Our only disappointment was a very tiny bath. The lobby is small and unlike many smalller boutique hotels, there is not an area to quietly slip away and relax, or for kids to have fun - only the lobby. The restaurant is very nice; however, I was not impressed with the menu items or the higher prices. The restaurant was lacking, but available if needed. For the vacationing visitor to NYC, this location will cause you to walk greater distances to many of the "must see" sites. On this particular business trip, we wanted to try this hotel knowing we would have to allow extra time to attend several business meetings, by cab or walking. Still, great for a single business traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RikiUSA
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear RikiUSA,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind review.

I am aware of the array of hotel choice in New York and thank you for staying with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels.

cork
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel and it was like a home from home, a quite retreat from the madness of New York.
Also the food in the bar is fantastic a real surprise.
Loved the walk into the city each morning and yet enough around the hotel to keep you entertained should you want to stay put.
Rooms were a good size for New York, and were very clean and fresh.
We checked out and took a tour of the city getting back to the hotel about half two, we asked if we could use a room to freshen up before going to JFK and were given a room for a shower at no cost.
Not saying they would do this every time but we appreciated it do much.
Don't hesitate to book this hotel weather a couple or family.
The Dunlea family cork

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Issacki,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Worcester County, MA
Reviewed May 12, 2013

After accidentally canceling a previous reservation at another hotel and finding rooms no longer available when I tried to re-book, I searched several more times and eventually decided on the Fitzpatrick despite it being located a little further up than we thought had wanted. It ended up being the best accidental cancellation I've ever made :) We absolutely LOVED everything about the hotel! From our first step into the lobby where we were greeted by a simply lovely and accommodating staff (at comfortable, private desks vs. the traditional impersonal counter) to the charming, intimate pub and it's FANTASTIC food, to the "little things" like a bedtime mint, coffee maker and courtesy umbrella in the room - which we actually needed this weekend :(
Everything about the hotel was spotless. The floors and bathroom gleamed. Tho my husband felt the room was rather tight, I have stayed in NY hotels in rooms much smaller. I found the room quite comfortable the closet was *very* roomy!
The hotel's location is further from Times Sq. where we usually stay but we explored the area and found all new favorites in the neighborhood! I cannot wait to go back!
I'm reluctant to give this place such glowing reviews for fear that we will be unable to find a room when we are ready to return! ;-)
The one thing we were disappointed to find was that while they do offer a fitness area and pool, these are not located ON the premises - they offer guests free passes to the 24 hour fitness center a few blocks away.

Dear KerryYo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit at the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your 'glowing review'.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely hotel in an excellent location. The room was a suite and beautifully furnished with a very comfortable bed. There was a great little bar area and place to have breakfast or a meal. The breakfast was lovely and there is a Juan Valdez coffee is just around the corner which was definitely a bonus. I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Cdntraveller48
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Cdntraveller48,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on this site and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.