“we will DEFINITELY return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Ranked #55 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Worcester County, MA
“we will DEFINITELY return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After accidentally canceling a previous reservation at another hotel and finding rooms no longer available when I tried to re-book, I searched several more times and eventually decided on the Fitzpatrick despite it being located a little further up than we thought had wanted. It ended up being the best accidental cancellation I've ever made :) We absolutely LOVED everything about the hotel! From our first step into the lobby where we were greeted by a simply lovely and accommodating staff (at comfortable, private desks vs. the traditional impersonal counter) to the charming, intimate pub and it's FANTASTIC food, to the "little things" like a bedtime mint, coffee maker and courtesy umbrella in the room - which we actually needed this weekend :(
Everything about the hotel was spotless. The floors and bathroom gleamed. Tho my husband felt the room was rather tight, I have stayed in NY hotels in rooms much smaller. I found the room quite comfortable the closet was *very* roomy!
The hotel's location is further from Times Sq. where we usually stay but we explored the area and found all new favorites in the neighborhood! I cannot wait to go back!
I'm reluctant to give this place such glowing reviews for fear that we will be unable to find a room when we are ready to return! ;-)
The one thing we were disappointed to find was that while they do offer a fitness area and pool, these are not located ON the premises - they offer guests free passes to the 24 hour fitness center a few blocks away.

• 5 of 5 stars
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear KerryYo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit at the hotel and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your 'glowing review'.

Area Manager / General Manager
Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely hotel in an excellent location. The room was a suite and beautifully furnished with a very comfortable bed. There was a great little bar area and place to have breakfast or a meal. The breakfast was lovely and there is a Juan Valdez coffee is just around the corner which was definitely a bonus. I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Cdntraveller48
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Cdntraveller48,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on this site and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

selby n yorks england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Myself and daughter stayed here for a surprise birthday trip for her 18th birthday, and we had a fantastic stay, the room was very clean, spacious, and a very comfortable bed was greeting us , every evening when we had walked our feet off. They even left a 18th birthday cake for her when we returned to the room, a nice touch !! The hotel is in a great location , very close to all the shops of 5th ave , and very close to central park. food was excellent in the hotel, and the staff very helpful with any of our queries. Wouldnt hesitate to return . cannot say anything negative about our stay. A big thank you to all the staff

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor , didnt here any noise , only an occasional police/ambulance siren .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gath
Dear Gath,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

larnaca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have just spent 4 nights at Fitzpatrick's Hotel Manhattan. From start to finish it was top class. The rooms were spotless. There was some road noise but what do you expect from the city that never sleeps. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and eager to assist. If we ever go back to NYC it will be to this hotel.

1 Thank paulmahu
Dear Paulmahu,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband & I have just spent 7 days at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan & cannot rate it highly enough. Our stay got off to a wonderful start as we had been upgraded to one of their Presidential Suites as it was my birthday whilst we were there. When we saw our suite we were amazed, it was very spacious and beautifully furnished, there was also a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us! All the staff were lovely, so helpful & friendly, always ready to help and advise when we needed it. The location was also good, just a few blocks from Central Park, Bloomingdales, and girls.... Tiffanys! Needless to say I had a very happy birthday! To all the staff at the Fitzpatrick "a great big thank you" for making our stay in the Big Apple so marvellous" Gloria X

2 Thank holidayhappy1951
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Globaby 8,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and ound our staff helpful and friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us over your birthday and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had three nights in New York. The hotel was very well located for my needs. Staff very helpful and went beyond the call of duty to help me with a problem that was nothing to do with the hotel on my first night. I had the Irish breakfast in the restaurant on one morning, it was very good but not cheap. Would recommend this hotel very highly.

Dear Fkw 1,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff very helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Small hotel/rooms but very friendly staff (which make this hotel special) and one of the best bartenders around. Food expensive but really good. For the Irish its home from home and we would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin M
Dear Kevin M,

I am delighted to read that you you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.