My husband and I stayed in this hotel for the easter long weekend. The hotel is in a great location 2 minutes from Bloomingdales and 5 mins from the top of 5th Avenue.
We arrived early afternoon after an early morning flight from the UK and as our room was not quite ready the assistant manager gave us some complimentary drinks vouchers to have in the bar/restaurant while he sorted our room allocation. We opted to get some food from the hotel restaurant for a late lunch while we waited - and unfortunately we waited for over 45 mins, whilst other tables came and went - we chased the waiter a couple of times and eventually were told that they had missed placing our order completely. This was very frustrating as our room had been ready for a while and our key dropped through to us. I have to say though that as soon as we told the management of our issue - they almost immediately upgraded us to a suite on the 15th floor, and organised for our food to be sent up to our room on the house with more complimentary drinks! So despite our initial disappointment - this was fantastic customer service, and the suite really made our holiday - lovely decor, great bathroom, huge bedroom with double aspect windows and a lounge and kitchenette! a fantastic retreat after days out walking around manhattan!
The staff at this hotel are all really friendly, and the rooms and public areas are nicely decorated and clean. Free wifi in the foyer was good too, enabling us to check in online for our flights home.
Only criticism of this hotel was obviously the food service in the restaurant, and also the quality of the food was not great - we had a margherita pizza and chicken enchiladas - quite simple dishes to make - but they were not very good. After our initial experience in the restaurant we chose to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner - of which there are millions of great places in manhattan.
All round though, a great base to enjoy manhattan with a homely friendly feel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel offers comfortable, modern amenities and personalized service ideal for both leisure and business travelers alike. With 91 rooms and suites, our intimate size allows us to focus on your every need and provide you with a personal level of service that you would experience at the finest Irish country house hotels. This, coupled with our desirable location, makes the Fitzpatrick Manhattan the perfect place to stay in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York