“Great location, lovely clean New York Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Ranked #61 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great location, lovely clean New York Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for the easter long weekend. The hotel is in a great location 2 minutes from Bloomingdales and 5 mins from the top of 5th Avenue.

We arrived early afternoon after an early morning flight from the UK and as our room was not quite ready the assistant manager gave us some complimentary drinks vouchers to have in the bar/restaurant while he sorted our room allocation. We opted to get some food from the hotel restaurant for a late lunch while we waited - and unfortunately we waited for over 45 mins, whilst other tables came and went - we chased the waiter a couple of times and eventually were told that they had missed placing our order completely. This was very frustrating as our room had been ready for a while and our key dropped through to us. I have to say though that as soon as we told the management of our issue - they almost immediately upgraded us to a suite on the 15th floor, and organised for our food to be sent up to our room on the house with more complimentary drinks! So despite our initial disappointment - this was fantastic customer service, and the suite really made our holiday - lovely decor, great bathroom, huge bedroom with double aspect windows and a lounge and kitchenette! a fantastic retreat after days out walking around manhattan!

The staff at this hotel are all really friendly, and the rooms and public areas are nicely decorated and clean. Free wifi in the foyer was good too, enabling us to check in online for our flights home.

Only criticism of this hotel was obviously the food service in the restaurant, and also the quality of the food was not great - we had a margherita pizza and chicken enchiladas - quite simple dishes to make - but they were not very good. After our initial experience in the restaurant we chose to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner - of which there are millions of great places in manhattan.

All round though, a great base to enjoy manhattan with a homely friendly feel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveHolibags
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear LoveHolibags,

I was delighted to read your comments and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn that you found them helpful. I would like to apologize for the mix up in your food order and that has been addressed internally. I have passed on yur comments to our chef so that we can improve those few items.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a FItzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent place made even better by the helpful staff. I stayed for business for the first time a few months back and was blown away by their level of service. I needed to impress some colleagues so I asked the bellman Peter for help with restaurants and tickets to a Knicks game. Not only did he go out of his way to get me incredible seats the game he also got me into Birdland jazz club on a night it was sold out! Cheers for that. I have been traveling on business for years and never gotten this kind of service or attention from people. The rooms are also very spacious with nice decor. Only downside is no free wi-fi which is a bit of a surprise considering most hotels offer that with the room rate these days. Also special thanks to Merima who works the front desk and Dave the bartender. When I return to New York I know where to stay now!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear OReillyTravels,

I was delighted to read your very kind comments and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of same. Thank you for mentioning some of the staff by name and I am delighted that you found everyone helpful.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff at the Fitzpatrick are first class; they make the stay at the Fitzpatrick special. That made the stay worthwhile. However the rooms are disappointing. We initially had a small double at the back of the hotel, which was quiet and very small, but with a very weak shower and no bath. You almost had to run in it to get wet! Upon request, after a couple of nights, we were moved to a suite. Huge space with a lovely king sized bed, separate lounge and bathroom. However, it was on the fourth floor facing Lexington and it was incredibly noisy - as if we had left a window open, and we found it drafty on the bed nearest the window and quite cold. The lobby is tiny, as is the bar. There are no public areas to sit in. The Internet is very expensive at $14.95 a day ( go to Starbucks across the road). The location is great. Would I recommend it? I'm not sure. I have stayed at The Warwick, The Kitano and The Waldorf Astoria for similar cost and the Fitzpatrick can only stand against them because of the staff. It would have to be very competitive on price to return to again.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a suite and go high to avoid the noise on Lexington.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonWickedWe,

I am delighted to read that you found are staff friendly and helpful and I know that they will be thrilled to learn same. I would like to extend my sincere apology that you found the room noisey and drafty and I will certainly have the windows in the room looked at and fixed.

On your next visit to New York please contact me directly scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com and I will take care of the reservation arrangements for you personally.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and I hope that I will be able to welcome you to the hotel on your next visit.

Area Manager/ General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I don't often write reviews, but feel compelled to say how fantastic this hotel is. Great location, friendly staff, lovely rooms. We stayed here with our two children (9 & 7), and we were able to walk to 5th Ave, Central Park, the Met and the Empire State. The two concierges were great, good restaurant tips (the Italian round the corner was particularly good) and always happy to help, as were all the staff. It really made our trip special.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear SD S,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I know that team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Bellmore, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

we live on Long Island so rarely do we stay in NYC, but we did this time for a romantic weekend.

The hotel is really cozy, it is not huge.

On check n they immediately upgraded us to a suite. The room was huge, and updated nicely. The bathroom, though not huge was clean and updated.

The restaurant/bar is a great place to dine and just people watch

Room Tip: rooms in the front have windows on Lexington Avenue, which can be busy. The back rooms have a view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Srcesq,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for five nights with family, what a great place to stay, starting with rooms , we had a suite which had one double and one pull out sofa for kids, both really comfortable , shower really strong with plenty of towels etc, the bar was super with really good friendly helpful staff , Dave was always witty and good with advice, food in bar and Resteraunt was top class and good value, don't miss breakfast it says its the best in Manhattan and I figure that's not far from the truth!
We had a problem with wheelchair and charger due to European voltage , the front of house staff (all of them) could not have done any more to help, they had their in house engineer check it immediately and when all avenues exhausted , sourced and arranged to have one delivered to hotel for us, simply excellent service, hotel is very suitable for wheelchair use by the way, the location is excellent really close to all main tourist areas and shopping , have stayed in New York a few times , this hotel is the first I can say that I have enjoyed returning to after a day of shopping or sightseeing and chill at the bar and enjoy a pint, don't miss the Guiness it's dare I say it better than home ! Can't wait to go back to New York , and when I do it's back to Fitzpatricks Manhattan Hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colin B
Dear Colin B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is well run and is a credit all the team that run it. The rooms are big by NYC standards and the service is really good. All the staff are really friendly and John, Shane an team should be really proud of their reputation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Larrythelounge lizard,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.