“Exceeded expectation”

Ranked #46 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Exceeded expectation”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had been looking forward to the trip to this hotel since I made the reservation. I prefer boutique hotels - and this one has a family owned feel and is elegant. We had lunch in the restaurant The Fitz. Food was excellent. And wifi is free! Great choice! Can't wait to see if they have scones for breakfast.

Room Tip: We had one facing side street which in NYC is a good thing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Andrea G,

I am delighted that you are enjoying your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

If I can be of any assistance to you during your stay, please feel free to contact me personally and I look forward to meeting you.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Fitzpatrick is a midtown gem. Sometimes the beautiful exterior of a hotel (which the FP has) is better than what's inside. The FP hotel delivers both inside and out. The lobby is simple but sumptuous and the desk personnel very warm and welcoming. We were upgraded to a beautiful room: cream colors and white, granite in the bath, cushy carpeting and beautiful window treatments. All was recently decorated. It was the quietest Manhattan hotel room I've ever stayed in. It gets my highest recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank impicky
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Impicky,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be warm and welcoming. The team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location - you're seconds away from Fifth Avenue shopping and Central Park. We walked everywhere and cabs were inexpensive because we were never far from the hotel. The staff is very kind and attentive. The rooms were a great size, but the carpet was coming off of the floor, the wallpaper was falling off in some spots - everything seemed clean but I think if they took the time to do a little renovating, it would go a long way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jessica K,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will have the items you mentioned in relation to the room addressed forthwith.

The staff will be delighted to learn that you found them to be attentive and friendly.

I am aware of the choice of hotels in New York so thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hotel was amazing lovely clean room fab bed we stayed 4 nights and will for sure be back staff were really friendly and helpful we loved it really great hotel if there was one thing it was having to pay for wifi it was a bit on the high side!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mar6161
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Mar6161,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and found the staff helpful and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel recently and as on previous occasions we were not disappointed. Our room for two was luxurious, the bathroom small with a generous shower. Free wi fi in reception. Endless courtesy and assistance from the staff, warm and friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank finnelly
Dear Finnelly,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went for 5 nights in February.
Room was spacious, Clean, comfortable and very quiet.
Reception and Bar staff not only helpful but really chatty so rather than getting the standard list of things to do ,we were given their personal recommendations, it made a big difference.

The location is excellent, only 2 mins from the 59th street subway, but really you could walk everywhere.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel. very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon B
Dear Simon 12334567,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

kind regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent five nights here and cannot recommend it highly enough.Staff cannot do enough for you,many thanks to all staff,rooms were excellent with very comfortable beds and well appointed large showers,coffee making facilities in room,nice cosy bar and within walking distance of grand central station,fifth avenue,central park and subway station hust minutes away

Room Tip: Higher floors hace less noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear StintinO205,