“Friendly and Pleasant”

Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Belfast
“Friendly and Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for five nights and loved every min of it. Been to NYC a few times and will definitely be back a this great wee hotel. Service is first class, rooms are typical NYC small nut its only really somewhere to put you head. Highly recommended for staying in NYC as the location is fantastic! Just beside Central Station and not in the hussel and bussel of Times Square!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Clark K,

I am delighted that you and the rest of your party enjoyed staying at the hotel and found the team to be helpful and friendly. I know that the team at the hotel will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Area Manager/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mary & I & Tony & Rosaleen Horan recently stayed in Fitzpatricks in Manhattan.
The hotel is centrally located & the staff are friendly & the food is excellent.

When they found out that we got engaged they gave us a complimentary bottle of the finest Champagne which was a lovely gesture.

The assistant general manager, Chris O sullivan was extremely helpfull & couldnt do enough for us to make our trip a memorable experience & if you are visiting NY we would highly recomend staying at Fitzpatricks.

Mary & John

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank John225
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear John225,

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Its seldom that a hotel makes a holiday but on this occasion the FitzPatrick certainly made our weekend visit to New York very special. From the time we arrived and met the assistant Manager, Chris, we were made to feel at home. When he heard that we had travelled from Ireland, and were there as part of a 50th birthday celebration, we were treated as VIP guests.
After a day on the town visiting sites etc, some recomended by Chris, we would retire to the bar with our friendly barman Dave, and the occasional visit from Chris, for a night of chat, banter and good craic. On our second night Chris escorted us to the bar where he made cocktails for us to enjoy'
A very special thanks to Chris, Dave and all the staff for a special weekend stay.
We would defenitely reccomend The FitzPatrick to anybody looking for a central, friendly and relaxing stay in New York

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coissiuire
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Coissiuire,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the team to be excellent. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Seaford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spent four weeks at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan. It was a continuation of the four weeks I had spent at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central after Sandy. The welcome and hospitality I received from the Assistant General Manager and staff was outstanding. The suite was lovely and comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the dining room both for breakfast and dinner. If you like oatmeal, this is the best place in New York to experience Irish oatmeal.

It was a bittersweet goodbye as I returned to my home. I will always come back to the Fitzpatrick Manhattan to say hello anytime I am in Manhattan.

Lorraine E. Caggiano

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LORRAINE C
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Lorraine C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so. Indeed I can only imagine how distressing life must have been in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy for you.

I am delighted that you found the hotel lovely and comfortable and I know the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip into Manhattan.

Barkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel with an Irish charm! Well situated, clean hotel, staff were fantastic and the GM Chris was amazing! The rooms were very spacious for New York and the bathroom was awesome! Will be back. Have stayed in plenty of hotels in New York and this is the best! Go you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Tee1404
Dear Tee1404,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the near future.

dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed over xmas. It was ok. The staff are the best thing about it. Leo is a diamond.

However the deal breaker for me is to come back from holiday and find I spent over 100 dollars just for internet connection.

The price of the room should include internet, or else don't offer it. The hotel lobby was like a refugee camp at some times due to the number of people accessing the free wi fi, and due to the fact that the lobby is so cramped and small.

The bar area is as dead as a dodo. It would not kill them to lay on a bit of Irish music, at least one night per week, and the food was mediocre and expensive. Also tacky beyond belief is the offer to purchase a robe, or even a matteress similar to the one slept on! What is this The Price is Right?

I would not stay again because of the rip off internet. When you are spending over 4000 dollars for accomodation, it is insulting to then be charged for use of the internet.

But to end on a positive note, the staff are the nicest, most helpful people I have met in all my travels, the rooms are clean, and the location great.

By the way isn't it annoying to read of people getting upgrades unprompted when you pay for a suite and can't even get free internet?

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shellshock
Dear Ms Shellshock,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so. We at Fitzpatrick are delighted to recieve your feed back as it helps us grow and understand our customers needs.

In relation to WIFI most hotels in New York City do charge for this service. In Fitzpatrick's it is provided through a 3rd party and therefore as you will have noticed they charge the guest directly for the service. I can assure you that once the current contact comes up for renewal we will look at other alternatives.

The hotel bar is typically quiet over holiday periods as most of the hotel guests tend to want to see New York. I can assure you that i will look into the music option as kindly mentioned by yoou.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly. On your next visit to New York please feel free to contact me directly and I can assure you I will take care of the reservation process for you personally. My email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com

new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'll keep this short and to the point.Great hotel...non-trendy,reasonable rates and roomy one bedroom suites.Stayed one night for my sons birthday.It was a Sunday night so hotel as well as bar area were very laid back and quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Robru,