My husband and I stayed at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan for a friend's wedding in August 2012. We had nothing but problems with this hotel from the beginning. We thought the whole process would be easier, as everything was prearranged by the bride, and all we had to was book the room through their wedding block. We booked the room immediately, several months before the wedding. When we called a few weeks before the wedding to make sure everything was all set, they couldn't find our reservation. We were also given misinformation when we originally booked the room. We initially booked the room for two nights, as we weren't sure where the rehearsal dinner would be. We were told, if we needed to, at a later time, we could adjust the reservation (with no problems or penalties.) When we called to cancel the Friday night and only keep the Saturday night reservation, they told us we would have to make a new reservation and would have to pay the full price for the room (instead of the wedding block rate.) We told the receptionist (who wasn't being helpful in any way) that we would have to call them back after checking with the bride. When we called the bride, she said that we were listed on her master list, but our name was spelled wrong, which is why they couldn't find our reservation (even though we gave them our first and last names, THEY initially recorded them, and then when trying to find the "lost" reservation, they still couldn't locate it under the bride's name.) After calling the bride, she said we weren't the only ones who had had issues with the hotel and gave us a direct number to someone who we could contact to iron it out. Fine. We fixed it. The hotel is fine. There are certainly many other better priced hotels in NY for you stay at. We were just happy to have everything worked out. When we went to check out, my husband noticed that we had been billed incorrectly and needed to have them fix that as well. Overall, it was a horrible mess, and would NEVER stay there again. The people were snooty and rude EVERY time we tried to work out an issue on the phone. If it weren't so close to the wedding date, and we weren't a part of the bridal party, we could have happily canceled our reservation and brought our business elsewhere.
The only positive note was the bridal brunch was hosted at the restaurant at The Fitzpatrick Grand Central (the other NY Fitzpatrick Hotel) the next day. Unlike anything/everything with our hotel stay, that experience was excellent. The food and service, during that event, was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel offers comfortable, modern amenities and personalized service ideal for both leisure and business travelers alike. With 91 rooms and suites, our intimate size allows us to focus on your every need and provide you with a personal level of service that you would experience at the finest Irish country house hotels. This, coupled with our desirable location, makes the Fitzpatrick Manhattan the perfect place to stay in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York