“Awesome hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lumberton, NJ
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just spent the night at the Fitzpatrick after a day of sightseeing and biking through Central Park. The room was extremely clean (means the most to me), and we had plenty of room in the one-bedroom suite. The people who work there were friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to Central Park and a subway stop two blocks away can take you anywhere else in the city. I will stay at the Fizpatrick again.

Room Tip: High up and in the back to escape the noise level of Lexington Avenue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear TessLumberton,

I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the team will be thrilled to learn of this. The hotel is close to Central Park and I am glad to see that you enjoyed some of its wonderful offerings.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I got married in New York and decided, along with 40 friends and family from Ireland to stay in Fitzpatricks Manhattan. It started with the hotel looking after us in one of the best hotel rooms I have ever seen and a bottle of bubbly and only got better. The staff were exceptional and a message of congratulations from the owner was a wonderful touch but a special mention is warranted for Ciaran whose front of house. The day of my wedding, my bridesmaid asked me if we had arranged his help to co-ordinate the occasion, that's how good he was! A last minte stain was spotted by a guest, he was on hand with the club soda. Flowers and messages arrived in the chaos, Ciaran was there to open the champers and get boutieniers to the groomsmen. A glittering future in wedding planning awaits him should he ever choose it! The service overall was exceptional and all forty guests left the hotel with glowing reviews. It offers a sense of community and a personal touch in midtown luxury. I would recommend this hotel to friends for any sort of event or holiday. I want to finish with again thanking Ciaran for his help and exceptional level of care he offered all of our guests during the week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Orlaith F,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

On behalf of the team thank you for staying at the hotel on what I know is one of the most important days in your life and I am delighted that Ciaran could play a small part in making sure it was a success for you.

I know that all in the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Special weekend trip with my parents. I had called ahead to say that we would be arriving early, as I pulled up the doorman opened the door and said my name.....seriously when does that happen?? That set the tone for a fantastic weekend. When it started to rain Ciaran grabbed some umbrellas for us and stood in the middle of the street to hail a cab. Ciaran, Chris and the New Yorker who worked at the desk were terrific. The General Manager was there on Saturday morning chatting to all and sundry. Really is a blast from the past , where I experienced true Irish hospitality in the middle of Manhatten.....would strongly reccomend, you are not a number here. Big thank you to all for making my weekend special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Collen,

I am thrilled that your parents and yourself enjoyed the hotel and I know that the staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 2 nights here and really enjoyed the fantastic location. Not to diminish the hotel itself, which was 5 stars, it was a great change from one of the mega hotels we have often stayed at in NYC. Central Park and Broadway are both nearby, oh and the staff was excellent. Our new NYC hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear JackAlsace73,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you for the very positive comments in relation to your stay at the hotel.

I will make the team aware of your kind words and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of same.

I look forward to welcoming you to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fitzparick during a recent weekend trip to the city. Our experience was fantastic! The service was great and the hotel impeccable. Chris, Chris and Leo were helpful, polite and very accommodating. We could not have asked for more. The room was clean, quite and huge! The hotel's location allowed us the ability to walk everywhere we were interested in going (Time Square area and Central Park). We will stay there again. This was by far one of the best overall hotel experiences we have ever had!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank FrontFamily
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear FrontFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know the team will be thrilled to read your very kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the near future.

Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The location is convenient for walking,catching a cab or even taking the train and there are many restaurants in a wide range of price ranges, offerings. The room was nice but the turn down service was inconsistant...they knew that there were two people staying but they laid out the night amenities for only one. the continental breakfast in the restaurant is a bit spartan with good breads but bad coffee and slow service. finally there was a huge mix up with the bill that took 4 calls and multiple emails and 4 different people to remedy even though the bill was finalized, received, reviewed and confirmed prior to departure and in person additional room charges appeared even though the room was prepaid in advance so double the cost was charged.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Siby C,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Manhayyan and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel.

I appreciate your kind comments about the room and I do applogize that we only did the turndown for one person instead of two and for the mix up with the billing. I will be reviewing these issues personally and would like an opportunity to follow up wiht you directly. My email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent the weekend in this charming hotel and loved it. It has a European flair and all the staff are very nice and helpful. I arrived quite bedraggled and was allowed to check in early with no additional fee, as other hotels are prone to doing. We were given a quiet room on the backside and were not subject to the usual continuous street noise. Our room was quite spacious, especially for NYC, and even had a good closet. The location is excellent, near subway stops in either direction, good shopping, and walking to Central Park. There are also plenty of cabs whizzing by on Lexington Avenue to take you downtown if preferred. The hotel does have a restaurant and bar, but also, next door is a little take out food place with wonderful soup, fruit, coffee and breakfast things, etc., that we found very good and convenient for a quick stop. The only thing that needs improving is that the carpet in our room needed replaced. I have stayed in numerous hotels around Manhattan and would definitely recommend this one. We plan to stay there again on future trips.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the back if you are a light sleeper because Lexington Avenue is very busy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear ssdelk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and i certainly appreciate you doing so.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I will make the team aware of your positive comments.