“Wonderful hotel in NYC”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #99 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent three nights at this lovely hotel this past week and had a wonderful time. The room was well designed, reasonable size and quiet which is an achievement when you are at Madison Avenue and 52nd Street. The bed was first rate and the pillows were the first I've had at any hotel where I didn't regret that I didn't take my own. Everyone was very friendly without exception. The location is perfect for visiting Museum Mile and Central Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maurie F

Reviewed July 15, 2014

As a Regular visitor to NYC I have to say this was one of our best stays ever. I was fortunate enough to book a room with 2 double beds through booking.com for $169 a night and it was wonderful. We checked in at 9:30am and our room was ready for us, our view was of Madison Ave, rooms were a great size (especially for NY), bathroom was large, everything was clean.
We found everyone on staff to be friendly and so helpful, There was no negative from this hotel. If you take 5 minutes to go online and join the Omni club (no cost) you will get free WiFi in your room, coffee, water and newspaper.
This hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to Grand central, Central Park, Time Square, Rockafellar Plaza, Macys, Bryant Park, Chrysler Building, Empire State Building.

Needless to say we will return to this hotel again next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shoegirl17
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We loved the hotel, the staff and the service. It was my wife's 50th birthday. We received an upgrade and then a surprise complimentary bottle of champagne and dessert sent to our room. Very nice and thoughtful.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Absolutely loved the location of this hotel! Right when you walk out the door, no matter what direction you head, you will find something amazing within a few blocks. Perfect for exploring the city. Hotel staff was amazing, always offering assistance and a friendly greeting upon seeing me. Can't wait to hopefully return soon! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Omni Berkshire hotel has one of the best loyalty programs I have seen so far - instead of collecting points they give you additional services which start from the very first stay. When I booked Omni Berkshire, I found out that wi-fi is free only for loyalty program members, so I registered myself before the stay. Right after that I got an e-mail, asking for my preferences for stay. Later I found out that all my expectations were met - I got the quiet room, higher floor, away from elevators. On top of free wi-fi selected guests got also welcome fruit basked with extra bottles of water, free daily newspaper and complimentary morning beverage (coffee, tea, juice or soft drink) which was delivered on preferred time.
Hotel has a very good location - in mid-town, few blocks from Central Park and between 5th Avenue and Lexington Avenue. Great for going out or for shopping or visiting top 5 attractions.
Hotel room was spacious enough for two double beds, working desk and armchair. Beds were very comfortable - after 9 nights in hotel I had to buy a new bed at home :) Large flat TV with impressive number of channels, in-room safe, functioning air-conditioning - what else to expect from a decent hotel. Staff (including concierge, bell-boy and doormen) were very helpful. Hotel is well maintained and is in good condition.
What could they improve? Bathroom (with bath-tube) didn't have any ventilation, so after a long shower the room looked like steam-bath. Air-conditioning was well functioning but made some metallic noise. Invoice, which was delivered before check-out, included fee for wi-fi, even though it should have been free of charge for loyalty customers. Receptionist who fixed it later on, didn't even say 'sorry'.
But all in all, it was wonderful stay and would definitely stay there again. Next time I just ask for the room with the view :)
PS. We didn't order hotel's breakfast, so I can't give feedback on that. But just around of the corner of the hotel there is super breakfast place, next to Starbucks, so we had very good breakfast every single day.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors, in the corner of 52nd Street and Lexington Av, should have great view.
2  Thank Kai R
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing all your compliments of our Select Guest Loyalty Program. The perks of membership truly add value to each stay and we are happy that you took advantage of it. We would like to give you the apology that you initially deserved after seeing the charge for wifi. We are glad it was taken care of but do wish it had been done with more empathy. Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback on TripAdvisor and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was exceptionally clean, and I was made to feel welcome from the moment the valet took my car. We reserved the conference room in the Business Center, and the woman assigned to the Business Center was attentive and friendly. When I had breakfast i nthe Fireside, the atttention and service were remarkable. If they filled my orange juice glass one more time for free, I would have floated down 52nd street. Every single staff member I dealt with had a smile and was pleasant. There were no "Bad Attitudes" or "Snobs" that are encountered at other First Rate NYC hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We took a weekend trip to NYC and booked 2 connecting room that were confirmed via email from Front Desk Manager prior to arrival. When we dropped off luggage earlier in the day they took our credit card and said our 2 rooms were being cleaned, at that point they were still 1 King and 2 Double beds with connecting rooms. After a show we got our key at 5pm and were told there was a problem. Apparently the people occupying our rooms decided to stay an extra night so they were allowed to keep our rooms. We were given 2 king rooms and they were not connecting. I wasn't pleased. If in fact it was true that the people occupying the room decided to stay an extra night, why were their needs more important than my reservation that was made well in advance. We are loyalty members and were using one of our free night vouchers for one of the rooms.

In the end the front desk manager made things right.....she gave us one larger room and put in a roll away bed. The rooms was almost across the hall from each other, she discounted the room per my request, and gave us breakfast vouchers. This worked for us given we were traveling with two small children and my mother. Had we been staying for more than one night, or had my mother not been with us, I would have had a much different attitude towards the room situation.

The hotel is fine for NYC standards. Some of the staff was friendly, some were not friendly at all. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The location was good. You can walk to Broadway, Central Park, American Girl, Rockefeller Center, FAO Schwartz.

1  Thank tlh02

We appreciate your flexibility and understanding when we were unable to meet your requests. It must have been frustrating for you and we truly apologize that it was not handled in a different manner. Thank you for allowing us to read your feedback and we hope that you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with the great stay that you deserve.