It was a long Friday over Memorial Day weekend that started in Chicago at 2pm and after 3 delays on the ground then a delay in the air we finally landed at Newark to find out that the train wasnt running from that stop. 30 minutes later (midnight) we are on a shuttle bus to the city. Our stop was the last stop, by the time we were exiting the shuttle we were the last people on the bus however the last suitcase on the bus was not ours! So there we are at 1am with someone elses suitcase (with no phone number on their tag) checking in to the Omni Berkshire Place while freaking out as to what we were going to do! We are starving, tired, annoyed, mad, etc...until we walk in to our room...In honor of my 40th Birthday, the Omni had upgraded our room (which was awesome and large especially for New York), there was a stuffed bear on the bed holding a balloon, a bottle of champagne, a little red velvet cheesecake, and 2 chocolate covered strawberries! The timing of this could not have been better and gave us hope for the rest of the weekend!
30 minutes later, the woman who took our suitcase had called! And while it took some convincing I did convince her to return it to us that night! So now at 2am, we are chowing down our cheesecake and strawberries and ready to put this awful day behind us. Thankfully, the Omni beds are super comfortable and provided us with as good of a night sleeps as we could have expected at that point.
The next morning we had planned to be up and out early but instead we decided to get some orange juice and make use of the champagne from the night before. It was a perfect relaxing morning and revived us from the day before.
The location was fantastic and the staff pleasant! Overall it was a fantastic experience. This has now become my favorite Midtown hotel! I can't wait to come back...and they are close to beating out the Omni William Penn in Pittsburgh as my favorite Omni!
Thank you Omni for a fantastic stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience enviable luxury at the Omni Berkshire Place located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Stay just steps from some of New York City's most notable attractions including Fifth Avenue Shopping, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Broadway Theatres, and Times Square. Modern Technology and fresh contemporary decor are brought together for accommodations that embrace the look and feel of an Upper East Side residence. Luxury guestrooms combined with the renowned service and amenities make the Omni Berkshire Place an ideal destination for both business or leisure travelers looking to experience the excitement of Midtown Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Berkshire Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City
- Omni Hotel Berkshire Place
- Omni New York City
- New York City Omni
- Omni Berkshire New York