“New York”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #93 of 470 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My stay at the Omni was a great experience. I was there the week before Christmas and the Hotel was beautifully decorated, the staff was friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with our stay and would stay again. The hotel and it's staff were outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (4,052)

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Manhattan for the sights, this is the place to be; within walking distance to most. Room was immaculate and spacious. The lighted closets were a bonus and well-positioned in front of the beds. Large bathroom with all amenities and soft towels. Omni hotels have excellent shampoo and conditioner too - made just for them. Previous reviews stating higher rooms evade noise are correct (but not all noise - you can't get away from sirens in NYC). The front door staff were amazingly courteous - their holiday greetings really made our day.
Our only complaint - and here again we side with other reviewers - Fireside needs to up their service skills. Bartender was just downright unhappy and his drinks were sub-par.
(He began making a drink, then stopped half-way, letting the ice melt in the alcohol while he waited 10 minutes for a server to retrieve a new bottle of juice!) Apps on the other hand were good.
In short: will happily return to this hotel, just won't patronize Fireside.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I spent Dec 20 – Dec 26 in NYC at the Omni Berkshire Place. This was my gift to her for her 50th birthday. She had always wanted to skate at the rink at Rockefeller Center at Christmas time and this seemed like the appropriate time to make that happen.

After literally months of researching hotels I chose the Omni Berkshire Place on E. 52nd street between Madison Ave and 5th Ave. I used TA, and also oyster.com in my hotel search. I highly recommend the oyster.com site. I chose the Omni because of its location, steps off of 5th Ave, but yet away from the hustle that would be Rockefeller Center and the Christmas tree and Times Square.

I have to say I was very happy with my hotel choice. Per above, the location was perfect for exploring and for proximity to RC and many other places we had in mind.

We arrived early from Detroit on the 20th at LaGuardia by 9:00 am and at our hotel by 10:00. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised that our room was already available and check in was a breeze. I had booked through Travelocity and I received a receipt from the hotel that noted rooms were paid. I did have to remind them at the desk that we had booked a special package that included free breakfast. A quick check by the desk confirmed that.

The free breakfast was the hotel’s buffet, which would ordinarily cost $32 per person. It was a nice buffet selection with eggs, potatoes, pancakes, bacon, chicken sausage (which neither of us cared for) bagels, assorted breads and pastries, fruit, oatmeal cereal etc. If it wasn’t included in our package, however, I don’t think we would have spent the $64 each day for breakfast.

Our room was on the 9th floor. Not much of a view but we didn’t spend much time looking out the window.

As mentioned the room was available when we arrived at 10:00 am, which we were thankful for to allow us to get situated before getting out to see the sights. Our bags had been whisked from the cab to the bell stand when we arrived by a very efficient door staff. By the time we checked in and made it to our room the bellman was right behind us with our bags. He took the time to help us get situated, which I appreciated.

I believe this hotel had been renovated within the past few years and it looked like it. The public spaces were spotless and the rooms very well kept.

The deluxe room was fairly nice size for NYC, with a king bed and nice size bathroom. I travel quite a bit for business and pleasure and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotels beds I have slept in.

A safe that would accommodate your tablet or laptop is available. There is a stocked mini-bar and snack selection. The bellman took the time to explain that we could remove items from the mini-bar fridge and set them aside and place our own items inside without incurring any mini-bar charges. I liked that. We had great housekeeping service, nightly turndown and several times we had fresh towels twice a day.

We used room service for lunch one day and service was fast and the lunch was good.

Location was important to us and this hotel is really very well situated with just steps to 5th Ave on one side and Madison Ave on the other. It’s a short walk to Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall and then another quick jaunt to Times Square. Conveniently there is a Duane Read store just a few steps outside the hotel door, so if you forget an item or need something including beer or wine they have it.

The staff for the most part was unfailingly friendly from front desk to housekeeping to the front door staff, all made us feel like we were important guests. The only exception seemed to be the bar staff and breakfast servers, who, while efficient, didn’t seem to exude quite the same friendliness…or maybe it was just something we missed. No matter, we enjoyed their prompt and professional service.

We did spend some time at the bar most every evening. Prices are what you would expect for NYC, though $9.00 for a bottled water seems a bit excessive. They offered a good pour for a glass of wine.

We had one glitch at checkout when the bill showed nightly charges for the room even though we had booked and paid in advance with Travelocity. A quick discussion with the front desk resolved the issue.

Overall I would highly recommend The Omni Berkshire Place for its location, nicely appointed, clean rooms and friendly, professional staff. I would not hesitate to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel was in the best location, near the famous Tree at Rockefeller Center, hotel lobby so lovely with beautiful tree and wreaths and then Santa the day we checked out, and he looked good. I would stay again if I ever could afford it again during the holidays

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Enjoyed our visit. Excellent location. Traveled with our 8 year old daughter and was able to walk to all attractions including Time Square, Statue of Liberty, and all 5th Ave shops which was 1/2 block away. Mary, the concierge, was very helpful with reservations and recommendations. Will certainly return

Room Tip: Higher floor if possible
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hotel was excellent. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was beautiful, the food and drinks in the lobby lounge and restaurant were great, the staff was very nice, and finally, it's location was perfect for both shopping and sightseeing.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night with our toddler. We wanted somewhere that was close to all of the Christmas decorations at Rockefellar Center. From the Bell Man to the front desk to the Door Man, everyone was very helpful and friendly. I had forgotten my toiletries at home and they brought me a tooth brush and tooth paste to use. The bathrooms were very nice and the room was clean and a decent size for NYC. Everything that we wanted to see was within walking distance. We did room service for dinner and it was very tasty, though overpriced as is most room service. I would recommend this hotel for families.