“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #104 of 466 Hotels in New York City
United States
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family stayed here over Thanksgiving and we had a great experience. We would recommend staying here to anyone. Mary Murphy was very helpful in selecting restaurants for our daughter with severe food allergies. Our family ate out for almost every meal and our daughter didn't have any trouble. We appreciate her help. The staff was so friendly and warm.

2 Thank Scott M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Absolutely loved staying at this hotel - the staff was very attentive, specially Adam at the Front desk. The hotel is elegant and refined and I liked the updates they made. I think the bathrooms could use some maintenance - the light in the mirror did not work, neither did the electricity outlets so I could not plug in my electric tooth brush, but it was not a big deal. The cleaning of the façade was a bit noisy, Adam offered me another room but I really liked mine with that little corner window overlooking Madison so I decided to stay. There was not noise on Saturday so it was fine. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and will definitively come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank cosmogirlAtlanta
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Barry at the front desk was Outstanding! It was my daughter's birthday and he provided us with a wonderful room upgrade as a special treat for her birthday. He was extremely friendly and made her feel very special. Upon arriving in the room he called to see how we liked it and told us to let him know if we needed anything else to make our stay excellent. He was so nice and really gave us superior service that made us feel like a million bucks!! The Madison corner suite was spacious, with a comfy couch and beds and an awesome wrap around balcony! Later that day I received a call from Chat Dorough, the Loyalty Ambassador letting me know that she would be sending up a birthday cake that evening for my daughter as well. When we arrived back in our room, the delicious petite cake was there with a special birthday note for my daughter. It was extremely thoughtful and really made her day! The staff at the concierge desk were so helpful in providing directions, suggestions for restaurants and events and also umbrellas. Everyone was very pleasant and made our stay great. Upon checkout, Barry was there again to wish us well and told us to come back every year for her birthday and he would always make our stay fantastic! We will definitely return to this hotel and ask for Barry! Great location and only two blocks away from a great spot on 6th Ave to view the parade.

1 Thank Mjg88
Indiananapolis, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had tickets to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall and wanted to stay close to Rockefeller Center. The OMNI was a short walk from Grand Central Terminal and to the locations we wanted to visit. The OMNI staff was very friendly and helpful in pointing us in the right direction and making recommendations of other sights close by, like the Top of the Rock. Our stay in NY at the OMNI was great and we will go back next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Howard F
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I love the Omni. It is like coming home when I visit NYC. I adore the bellmen, who always remember me, and the Concierges. The staff has been with the hotel for quite a while, so it is nice to always have a familiar face. I love the nice rooms, comfy bed and especially the location. Right in the center of shopping heaven, and I walk to the theatre district.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Paul R
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My stay was uneventful with one minor issue not worth mentioning and was quickly rectified. The location was very close to where I was working as well as close to all the activity in mid-town. If you're into using the subway while in Manhattan (I am) the concierge staff was very good at making it easy (or as easy as it can be. There IS a learning curve). But the most positive thing I took away from my stay was how friendly and accommodating the staff was. Their training was obviously very good. Their attitude didn't appear to be part of the training however. It seemed genuine. This means to me that the people doing the hiring place great importance on choosing good people.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Richard R
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The location is fantastic, the room very good and the staff is outstanding really really great. They made every minute be special during my stay with my wife and my 1 year old daughter. If a recommend it? without doubt you will not regret to choose this hotel at NY.