Omni Berkshire Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
3 West Club(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Peninsula New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,252 results
All reviewsselect guestloyalty programcentral parkgreat locationnew yorkrockefeller centermadison avepatrick's cathedraltimes squareconcierge staffeach morningturn down servicemidtown locationfree internetwonderful hotelby nyc standardsaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I would stay again as it is central and close to all attractions. but like other people are saying you could hear fellow guests on the landing.
However you are out of the room most of the time so it was not a problem for us.

Room Tip: away from the lifts
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

You need to walk in this area because its very difficult to get a cab. Great location! Near great shopping, theaters and restaurants! Hotel is wonderful. Rooms aren't spacious but very comfortable! We had a great weekend! Concierge service could be better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My main problem was the noise level. I could hear everything happening on the hallway outside my room. The noise blockage is really bad and this is a big problem I did not expect in a 4 1/2 star hotel. I could hear both the traffic outside (we were on 4th floor) and the hallway noise, which meant I could not sleep very well. Second, I thought the sheets were quite worn out with many spots on them, although they were clean. Also, out of 4 pillows only one was down filled. I asked for another one down-filled pillow and I was given another synthetic one. Only the following day, the maid actually provided another down-filled pillow at my additional request. Despite the fact that the room was nicely appointed, clean and spacious I was very disappointed overall because of both noise level and less than impeccable bed- two essential qualities I expect in a + 4 stars hotel. Finally, I thought the concierge lady was not particularly nice. When asked about activities I could do with a small child, she handed me a sheet of paper with a generic list of things supposedly good for kids (not small kids) with not much of a effort to really suggest appropriate things to do. Also, most of the time she was looking down, acting busy with stuff so I find it uncomfortable to approach her and ask her questions. I believe that having a friendly concierge person could substantially improve this hotel's rankings. Other good qualities: the maid was really good and very nice, trying to provide anything we needed and the door staff was very friendly, the location is excellent, and the hotel is beautiful overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Omni Berkshire Place on TripAdvisor. I am also disappointed that we were unable to live up to your expectations or our own and I sincerely apologize.

Please know that guest feedback is valuable to us for recognizing how we can make improvements to our hotel. Your comments regarding the pillows, sheets, and concierge have been shared with the appropriate managers. While we are privileged to have a great location, this also makes us susceptible to noise from the surrounding area. Fortunately, we do have many rooms that are facing away from the streets or are on a higher level and those rooms tend to work well for our guests that desire a room in a quieter location. I do regret that we missed the opportunity to place you in one of those rooms during your stay. Thank for you giving me the opportunity to read your feedback and I truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a stay that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location, just steps away from 5th avenue and close to Rockefeller Center; beautiful accommodations in updated, light rooms; cozy and friendly hotel and staff. Welcoming hotel lobby beautifully adorned with contemporary floral arrangement.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good service, friendly staff but not unique or very special. Just a good place to stay on a good spot in Manhattan - Central Park isn't too far to run to. You have to be lucky with your neighours cause the walls aren't too thick. And: be quick to grap your copy of the New York Times in the morning - they go very fast!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business