“Very quiet, very convenient”

Omni Berkshire Place
Ranked #102 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Surrey
“Very quiet, very convenient”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

An excellent hotel. A family of four, we stayed at the Omni last week and had a wonderful time. We opted for a room on a high floor, away from the lifts and it was very quiet even though it was only a ten minute walk away from Times Square.

Door staff were particularly friendly, only downside was the Wi-Fi was a little patchy and the restaurant was pretty expensive. However don't let that put you off, it is a great place to stay to see the sights of New York.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor away from the lifts if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Definitely not the best Omni Hotel I have been too. Front desk and concierge were nice and helpful. Bellhop and Doorman service were lacking. Nice a/c but low water pressure for a shower. Nice outdoor patio area by equally nice fitness center. Ironing board cover was so thin it left waffle marks from the board on my clothes (used a wash cloth between clothing and cover). Nice size rooms for the city. Make sure you sign up for the free Omni Select program before your stay to enjoy free wi-fi, morning beverage and bottled water.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The Omni was a wonderful choice for our weekend get-away. We chose it for the location and price. It's conveniently located - close to Time Square, Radio City, Theatre District - but far enough away to avoid the crowds and noise. Hotel was clean, nicely appointed, room and bathroom were good sizes and the staff was great. The only negatives were the view from the room - there isn't any - and the prices at the bar - very expensive. But if you don't care about the view then you will love this hotel. There are plenty of restaurants and bars close by that you can visit and a deli directly across the street that's open for breakfast, lunch & dinner with reasonable prices. Will definitely choose the Omni again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a beautiful, well-appointed and immaculate property in a fantastic location -- but what really distinguishes the Berkshire from other hotels is the quality of its staff. They are cheerful, kind and competent - and, during my stay, provided assistance that truly enhanced my productivity and comfort. Definitely hoping for a repeat visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

bloomfield hills, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved every thing there and I am staying at Omni for my next stay. we loved the food, the service,the bell people,front desk,i was treated like a queen,i highly recommend Omni to all my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here in March for a business trip. The timing of this review is delayed, but I had such a great stay here that I wanted to share it anyway. This was my first stay at this particular hotel and it did not disappoint. Before I checked in, I emailed with Evan (the Loyalty Ambassador there) and requested a quiet room on a higher floor. Since I was staying for business, my hours were going to be long and I needed to be able to sleep for the few hours each day that I was able. Evan put me on the top floor in a corner room. It was perfect. It was a large size room compared to other hotels I've stayed in while in Manhattan. The King bed and pillows were comfortable and it was extremely clean. From the moment I checked in, every encounter I had with the staff was outstanding. The service couldn't have been any better from the front desk, to the doormen, to the concierge, to housekeeping. It was conveniently located to shopping on 5th Ave and to wonderful restaurants. The food at the hotel was average, but this is NY and there are so many options nearby. (I ate at Casa Lever a few blocks away and the food and service there was phenomenal!) I'm not a frequent business traveler, but when I do go back to Manhattan, this will be the hotel I will always choose. Thank you Evan and the rest of the Omni Staff! I didn't rate the swimming pool or spa as I don't think it had a pool and I didn't use the spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by corporate travel. It was a disappointment. Got charged the rack rate instead of the corporate rate. Rude and unhelpful front desk staff seem to be rule-oriented rather than customer-oriented. Hotel charges $3.00 for lobby tea and coffee. Hotel could do more to be energy efficient, green and sustainable (lighting and A/C temps).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Pamela G M
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We regret that you were disappointed by your recent stay but appreciate that we had the opportunity to hear from you via our in house review system and TripAdvisor. Although your corporate rate was unavailable at the time your reservation was made, we do understand that upon arrival we were able to accommodate the second night of your stay at that rate. Please accept our apologies that your interaction with our front desk associate was not representative of the high stand of customer service that we strive to provide each of our guests. Feedback like yours is valuable to us for recognizing an opportunity to retrain our associates and we assure you that this will be addressed. We truly hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide you with an experience that exceeds all of your expectations.