The Omni Berkshire is in a great location, that is certain. I am a fan of Omni hotels but this was my first stay here. Upon arriving we were given keys to our room by a family member who checked us in earlier in the day. We went up to our room and it clearly hadn't been touched by housekeeping yet, bed not made, towels on the floor, etc. No biggie, we called the front desk, they came right up and gave us a key to another slightly larger room and apologized. This room was great, no problems. The staff was very accomodatiing, it was simply what you expect nothing great. At 3:30 in the morning our neighbors came home and we never really slept again. The walls are very thin. I didn't complain because they weren't really being loud they were talking in a normal tone only we could hear them too well. It is NYC, they could have flown in and been on a red eye or adjusting from a time zone change, who knows but they didn't do anything really wrong. It was the room that let us down and we spent much of the night tossing and turning. I really needed a coffee in the morning. No coffee in the room, to get two cups of coffee delivered to the room it would have cost $14 for coffee, $3.50 per person roomd delivery charge, 18% gratuity, and sales tax. That is right, $24.75 for two cups of coffee. Gimme a break, that kinda got me mad. I went to the lobby and did they have complimentary coffee? Nope, $3 a cup serve yourself. Sorry, not to be picky but certain things should just be free at a hotel like the Omni. A measly cup of coffee would have probably gotten them 4 stars instead of three out of me. Not sure if I would stay again, probably not.
A separate review here: We used a car service through the hotel with a man named Enrique. He is independent and the hotel hooked us up with him. 5 stars, great guy, very very friendly, got us all around the city. He was super. We were a party of 6, we would have needed two cabs all day to get us around and this eliminated that. Use him, you will be happy you did. Brand new Escalade ESV, front door drop off and pick up, he was ours all day from 11-5 and we paid $450 tip included. Not cheap, but two cabs from omni to 9/11 memorial, tenement museum, china town, little italy and battery park, then back to the omni wouldn't have been cheap either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience enviable luxury at the Omni Berkshire Place located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Stay just steps from some of New York City's most notable attractions including Fifth Avenue Shopping, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Broadway Theatres, and Times Square. Modern Technology and fresh contemporary decor are brought together for accommodations that embrace the look and feel of an Upper East Side residence. Luxury guestrooms combined with the renowned service and amenities make the Omni Berkshire Place an ideal destination for both business or leisure travelers looking to experience the excitement of Midtown Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Omni Berkshire Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City
- Omni Hotel Berkshire Place
- Omni New York City
- New York City Omni
- Omni Berkshire New York