SIXTY LES
$347
$335
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$182
$174
  • Fitness center
$217
$197
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$386
$239
  • Pool
$458
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$286
$229
Orbitz.com
$239
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$234
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$148
$133
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$142
Park Central
  • Fitness center
1,233 results
All reviewslower east sideblue ribbonallen streetkatz's delifloor to ceiling windowsoutdoor pooleast villagenew yorkking suitecool hotelrain showerbars and restaurantsfreedom towerwhole foodsthe penthousearound the corneran upgrade
FilterAll languages
997 - 1,002 of 1,233 reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is the letter I wrote to them after my horrible experience:

"I booked a king room on April 9th, one month ago, and organized my 2 days in NY around the Thompson LES. Instead I ended up in a horrible hotel on Wall Street and was told by your assistant to "not take it personally". Please explain to me how I should not take it personally when both my vacation and dinner party were ruined.
I was told the guest who was supposed to check out "refused to leave the room". In all the years I have been traveling I have never heard of anything more ridiculous. Furthermore, this same guest was permitted to stay in the room knowing that another guest, who had a confirmed reservation for over a month, would be refused her hotel accommodations. The credit card number I gave to guarantee my reservation served what purpose? Not only was I turned away but I was sent to another hotel that was a nightmare. This alternative hotel should have been offered to the guest who did not have a reservation and refused to leave instead of me.

Does this mean that rooms in the Thompson hotels are available only if the previous guests decide to leave? I'm sure you will agree how absurd this is."

Just DO NOT GO
Cristiana

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cri1970
Reviewed May 2, 2010

A colleague recommended this place to me and I was skeptical initially- I actually stayed twice here on the same business trip (about 7 nights in total) and it was excellent both times. It is a designer/boutique hotel, or however you want to call it - very dark decor, classic furnishings, all dark stone, glass and white finishings. The room was big, and the shower was just amazing. All stone, with a giant shower head above, like standing in warm rain. Extremely comfortable bed. The bar and restaurant area is cool and trendy so I expected some kind of snooty attitude, but I found the entire experience very friendly. The location is the Lower East Side, which isn't for everyone, but I like the 'real' side of Manhattan and there are some gorgeous restaurants all around. On my next trip, I will book again for sure. as it was a great discovery.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank totocas
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Do not stay... Club in hotel will keep you up all night. Communication is awful, had 30 different answers given to me to my one question. This place only pretends to be cool and hip. It is not.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Eastonbelmont
Reviewed April 20, 2010

we stayed at the les after staying at many other thompson properties in NYC and Washington DC. Loved all of them, until this.
my wife, 2 yoa son and Nanny with her 7 yoa son took 2 rooms for thanksgiving, as we were going for the macy's thanksgiving day parade. we had purchased rather expensive tickets for grandstand seating and had to be there before 8:30 am to get seated.
After checking in we asked about travel to that area, explaining about our seats for the parade. After waiting all day for the concierge, he called and told us what time we had to leave the following morning to get there in time. we reserved a wake up call.
The following morning they failed to give us the wake up call. we missed the parade.
After explaining the story 10 times to different desk/management people, they said too bad. eventually thompson group offered us refund of one night for one room only. to this day they have never credited us. they really don't care, so now neither do we, but will not stay with thompson group anymore and i tell all i can about this debacle.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank judge_scheiner
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Boy, I love a cool hotel, hip as they come. Sadly the Thompson LES was less than a comfortable, friendly stay. The cold service were matched by the cold starkness of the rooms. I dunno, it was just trying too hard to be THAT SoHo hotel. It just got it wrong .. felt like the hotel was more about itself than its guests. Sorry, can't recommend.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business