“Wonderful stay at Sixty Les”
Review of SIXTY LES

SIXTY LES
Ranked #157 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a great stay at Sixty Les: firstly I was assisted by Heidi through my booking for special requests. As I read some reviews saying that some people found the rooms noisy I was a bit worried - need not to be! Heidi made sure we got a lovely large, quiet room (LITERALLY NO NOISE AT ALL!) with good views and were well looked after ...

Sam at reception (check in) was more than helpful and I cannot fault any of the other staff - all very helpful and nice. The gentlemen at the door were wonderful - whether helping with the taxis or bookings or luggage.

We had the most enjoyable stay with some small touches like chocolates in our room each day and fully filled mini fridge were all brilliant.

The facilities were great (new/clean), the décor was very nice (in particular we liked the photo picture above the bed and the wooden floor, nice bathroom, shower etc) and the floor to ceiling windows.

Again, Heidi and the Team thanks for your great care you've taken of us and a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for nice quiet room if you care about street noise etc..
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for SIXTY LES

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Formerly the Thompson LES, the Sixty LES continued to provide great, personal service. I've been staying at this hotel for several years, and the quality of the hotel (staff turnover appears to be very low) brings me back consistently. With the subway across the road, you can in Midtown in 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, you're in walking distance of SoHo, NoHo, TriBeCa and Chinatown/Little Italy. I never tire of exploring the Lower East Side!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Tania G, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Joshua F,

Thank you for sharing your SIXTY LES experience on TripAdvisor, and for your continued loyalty. We are delighted to read your recommendation of our property. Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Warm Regards,
Tania Getzova

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great location, nice rooms and a reasonable size for NYC. Only let down by free wifi only available in the lobby and lounge. For USD 450/ night I think wifi in room could be included. Good cocktails too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here on a girls weekend. The service was great and the rooms were nice but the walls were paper thin. I booked this place because of the pool and bar scene at the hotel. I thought we would spend more time at the hotel and take advantage of it but we ended up not so I don't think the price was worth it for us. The location was good, we wanted to be around a hip area with a lot of bars and restaurants and Orchard St seemed to provide that. It's also a half a block from a subway station. Next time I would book a cheaper hotel, but I did enjoy our stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the Sixty LES (formerly Thompson LES), and I have enjoyed it more each time. I really liked the room decor, bathrooms were great and the balcony overlooking Allen Street added to the cool vibe of the hotel. Loved the 7th floor bar, 3rd floor pool (I stayed on the 3rd floor and the noise from the pool was negligible. And the sushi at Blue Ribbon is some of the best in NYC. Everyone went out of their way to be nice and welcoming. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Overall the hotel was great, but I have to say that when you looked closely, things were a bit rundown/damaged. The shower wasn't very clean, washcloths were stained, and in the public corridors, there were holes in the ceiling and damage to baseboards, etc which made the hotel seem kind of cheap. The bed was remade with damp bedsheets & comforter when we had our room cleaned, which was kind of weird. Other than that, it was great. I really enjoyed the view of Manhattan from our room. Being so central made it easy to find something great to eat after our late arrival on the first night.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at this property for only one night in early June, coming into NYC to avoid a super gnarly layover at JFK.
I liked the sharp modern decor, including lobby, very comfy and good looking second floor lounge, and room with black and white linens and headboard nature art. I also liked the bathroom/shower and noticed there were a few music choices on the t.v., which you don't usually see in this level of property.
Every one of the staff I encountered were polite and helpful.
This was one of the more reasonably priced (I use that term advisedly in this market) yet nicer properties in New York.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Tania G, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Zimmchiro,
Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that your layover brought you to Sixty LES and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are hoping to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,