1,272 results
All reviewslower east sideblue ribbonallen streetkatz's delioutdoor pooleast villagenew yorkking suitecool hotelbars and restaurantsrain showerfreedom towerwhole foodsgreat neighborhoodthe penthousearound the corneran upgrade
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here on a girls weekend. The service was great and the rooms were nice but the walls were paper thin. I booked this place because of the pool and bar scene at the hotel. I thought we would spend more time at the hotel and take advantage of it but we ended up not so I don't think the price was worth it for us. The location was good, we wanted to be around a hip area with a lot of bars and restaurants and Orchard St seemed to provide that. It's also a half a block from a subway station. Next time I would book a cheaper hotel, but I did enjoy our stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the Sixty LES (formerly Thompson LES), and I have enjoyed it more each time. I really liked the room decor, bathrooms were great and the balcony overlooking Allen Street added to the cool vibe of the hotel. Loved the 7th floor bar, 3rd floor pool (I stayed on the 3rd floor and the noise from the pool was negligible. And the sushi at Blue Ribbon is some of the best in NYC. Everyone went out of their way to be nice and welcoming. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Overall the hotel was great, but I have to say that when you looked closely, things were a bit rundown/damaged. The shower wasn't very clean, washcloths were stained, and in the public corridors, there were holes in the ceiling and damage to baseboards, etc which made the hotel seem kind of cheap. The bed was remade with damp bedsheets & comforter when we had our room cleaned, which was kind of weird. Other than that, it was great. I really enjoyed the view of Manhattan from our room. Being so central made it easy to find something great to eat after our late arrival on the first night.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at this property for only one night in early June, coming into NYC to avoid a super gnarly layover at JFK.
I liked the sharp modern decor, including lobby, very comfy and good looking second floor lounge, and room with black and white linens and headboard nature art. I also liked the bathroom/shower and noticed there were a few music choices on the t.v., which you don't usually see in this level of property.
Every one of the staff I encountered were polite and helpful.
This was one of the more reasonably priced (I use that term advisedly in this market) yet nicer properties in New York.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Tania G, General Manager at Sixty Les, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Zimmchiro,
Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that your layover brought you to Sixty LES and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are hoping to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Tania Getzova

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights with my boyfriend just for fun because we wanted to spend time in the Lower East Side.

The hotel is beautiful, but might be a little too modern for families with kids... I think the whole see through shower in the bedroom would make it awkward! Haha

But if you're a couple, you're in for a treat because this hotel is ultra sexy. The furniture and floor is dark, the bathroom is beautiful with the rain showerhead.

I loved that I had a balcony overlooking the street.

If you're looking for a gaudy, NY, 5th avenue look a like... This is NOT it! What you will get here is an authentic, historical New York neighborhood full of culture, great restaurants and bars.

I had such a blast!!! Try it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fanni G
Tania G, General Manager at Sixty Les, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Fanni G,
Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. We are so fortunate to be located in such an amazing area of the New York city. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Sixty LES and we do hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.
Warm Regards,