“Decent stay, but not on par with other Thompson hotels”
Review of SIXTY LES

SIXTY LES
Ranked #158 of 466 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Decent stay, but not on par with other Thompson hotels”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for a three day stay in December. The hotel decent: clean, about the size you'd expect from a comparably priced hotel in NYC. However, many of the touches that make a decent stay a great stay were missing. The desk staff were professional, but certainly not friendly. On two occasions I asked for assistance (once to reactivate my room key, once for change) and both times felt like the staff were irritated by my request. A few missing amenities, such as a coffee maker or iron in the room, were also surprising. However, the concierge staff were fantastic and very helpful with restaurant reservations and reccos before my stay. The location is also fantastic. However, on my next trip I will be trying out a different boutique hotel in the area, as I feel no need or desire to return to this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I absolutely loved staying at the Thompson LES! The rooms are clean and feel larger than most NYC hotel rooms because of the great windows/views. The bathroom is modern, spacious and clean - waterfall shower is awesome! The service/staff is kind and accommodating. The in-house restaurant, Blue Ribbon, has amazing sushi (try the oxtail fried rice). I extended my stay by a night because I didn't want to leave. I definitely recommend this hotel!

...AND the balcony on the corner king room that I stayed in wrapped around the building and gave me a direct view of both the Empire State Building and the Williamsburg Bridge - beautiful!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the rooms facing west (balcony is great).
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Thompson LES was a fabulous experience and part of a wonderful trip to NY. Great views, very helpful staff, and they gave us an amazing room in the corner of the hotel with a beautiful view of midtown and the financial district. So many hotels in NY, but we keep coming back to this one.

hobyan
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Solid choice, always have last minute bookings. Prices are also very reasonable.

Staff attentive and remember you.

Rooms spacious and comfortable. Not my favourite part of town but easy access to trendy restaurants and subway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went to the Thompson LES for our 10th wedding anniversary. We were greeted warmly by the hotel staff and were unexpectedly upgraded to a beautiful suite. The room was super clean and quite romantic! We were surprised later by a bottle of champagne and an accompanying hand written card congratulating us on 10 years from the staff! They made our stay in NYC such a treat and we would highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting the city. It was convenient to all we hoped to do around town - easily accessible to the subway and plenty to do on foot around the area. It was such a treat!

Room Tip: We were overlooking Brooklyn, which was just fine by us, but I'm sure there are some great views...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I try to visit NYC a couple of times a year. We had stayed in many different places over the years, with varying results-we stayed at Thompson LES shortly after it opened, and it was by far the best place we had ever stayed in. We now try to stay there each time we visit NYC, as the rooms, service, and Blue Ribbon sushi on the premises, makes it impossible to beat. An anecdote as to how great their service is- I managed to get a $185.00 ticket from a NJ trooper for not using my turn signal changing lanes on I-78 as we drove into town(we had our cruise set at the speed limit and out seat belts on-I guess he was trying to protect the cars flying around us!) My wife mentioned it to Miguel, who was working behind the desk who asked how our drive had been- he insisted on upgrading our room and gave us free drinks in the 7th floor bar that night! The point is the staff at Thompson LES not only asks you how you are doing and if there is anything they can do for you- they genuinely care and want to make your stay the best it can be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MJw1953
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've stayed at both 60 Thompson and Thompson LES in the past year and on both occasions have found them excellent. The staff are utterly charming and accommodating, the rooms are the perfect size and extremely well appointed, and the beds are heaven. Restaurants in both venues are also exceptional. You get a lot of bang for your buck, and my only reservation would be the high charge for internet access, but I have a beef about this with all hotels - why oh why can it not be standard offering, or at least, a simple couple of dollars at best. Do not hesitate to try either of these out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family