“A beautiful hotel.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“A beautiful hotel.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here back in August 2010 with a bunch of friends. I booked my own room. Very stylish and cool interiors, I absolutely loved the design of the rooms. Dark brown glossy wood grain finishes, a photographic framed light box above the bed head by an artist whose name I cannot remember, cool metal ball bearing room divider screen. Bronze/silver curtains.

I was initially given a room on the floor above the bar/club, it was very difficult to sleep with the music thumping and especially after spending days sight-seeing, trying to get some rest was not possible. I called and explained to reception who said the music would stop by 9pm. I endured the thumping till about 9.10pm then called reception annoyed. I think I called about 3 times until finally they gave me a room higher up. It was a much bigger room, really stylish, comfortable bed, I had a couch area where my friends and I would hang out for a drink before we headed out for the night.

Located in the Lower East Side, I thought it was a good location, but then anywhere in Manhattan is a good location. The pool area in the hotel was a nice oasis from the hustle and bustle when you needed a break, especially in summer when it can get really hot and humid.

Despite the slight inconvenience I have raved about The Thompson LES to friends in Australia. Particularly the interior design. Would I stay here again? I'd say yes. My photos of my room doesn't do it any justice so I've left them out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Hebrew first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Thompson in June for 5 nights while on a business trip. Overall I enjoyed the hotel and its location. Here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
1. Lovely Room (great shower!)
2. Great location
3. Helpful staff
4. Nice pool!

Cons:
1. The bedsheets are synthetic so be prepared to sweat a bit..
2. The hair conditioning makes a lot of noise so I had to turn it off overnight (note - you cannot open the windows).
3. Breakfast is not the best.
3. Internet comes at a cost (but I guess it's common in New York)
4. Parking is very expensive (but again, it might be standard for New York)

Overall, I was happy with my experience and I would consider going back on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura B
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I like staying at the Thompson LES for several reasons:

- It's in a great neighborhood, and close to several more
- It's a nice mix of boutique and full size hotel. All the amenities, but not so big you are just a number
- For a New York hotel, nice sized rooms and full bathrooms
- The staff is very helpful, and very accomodating
- The restaurant and bar option in and around the hotel are very good.

Room Tip: One side of the building is east facing for morning light, one side is west for the afternoon. Your...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the last couple years. This is where it's at whether you're staying for business or leisure. Located in the heart of LES with supreme access to E Village, Alphabet City, Nolita, Lil Italy, Chinatown, the options for restaurants, shopping, galleries and nighspots are simply...orgasmic. Staff is friendly and non-douchey. All the usual amenities (gym, pool, deck bar in warm months) are included and then some, chiefly Blue Ribbon Izakaya on 2nd floor offers perhaps one of the best sushi in lower Manhattan (protip: sit at sushi bar in front of Kazu-san and order omakase [$85] to let the magic happen). Room is NY-sized (tiny) but tastefully hipster-chic and has all the usual amenities expected - in-room safe, flat screen TV, conveniently located outlets, and ceiling showerhead (prison-chic). Bonus points - while the hotel has great breakfast options, you have the added option of walking down Allen to a great boutique coffee joint Konditori for good vibes and cup o joe (Wi-Fi included).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ayazook
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a wonderful experience. The staff, food, rooms- were all amazing! Only downside is the standard room is on the small side, but this is Manhattan! Blue Ribbon Sushi is an amazing place to dine. Great serve and delicious food and drinks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I visited the Thompson LES for a leisure weekend vacation. The hotel is situated in a very accessible location - close to great restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc. Hotel rooms were very luxurious with floor to ceiling windows and great views. The staff is extremely helpful and welcoming. The room service is also excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. This is an excellent hotel. I was upgraded to a suite (at least I think I was; I'm not sure, since I didn't book the room) which was huge (by New York standards) and quite luxurious! The overall experience made me wish that I was staying for longer than a single night. Thompson - LES is definitely on my short list of places to stay on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business