“Cool and Hot on the Lower Eastside”
Review of SIXTY LES

SIXTY LES
Ranked #160 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel has all the amenities of the next brand of hip hotels.being built around the world. What adds to the excitement of this hotel is the area around the hotel which has become a focal place for live music, great bars, and good restaurants.

The hotel is 4 star from the Blue Ribbon Sushi, i which has first class. The bar ares with their a great vibe gives you an opportunity to have a fun time right at the hotel..The rooms are wonderful and if you ever stay at one of the suites with a terrace it is one of a kind for NYC. All in all I say this is a must stay when you are in NYC.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for pointing out the great neighborhood that the Lower East Side has really become of the recent years. Great tip on the King Suite Terrace, as well. We only have a couple of them on property, and they are certainly worth experiencing.

See you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is our fourth visit at Thompson. We have stayed at 60 Thompson and Thompson LES and both are good value for your money.

Rooms are clean and well kept. Not so easy to find in NY. Rooms sizes are decent.

Front desk is efficient and all staff are very helpful.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Fourth trip! Thank you very much for your loyalty and for sharing your experience. We’re so glad to see we’ve been able to deliver a positive experience to you on multiple occasions.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for the fifth time!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The LES is not a neighborhood I was familiar with, having lived on the UWS when I was younger. I had a late arrival to JFK, after midnight. The cab driver told me that the Thompson LES was a "party hotel", that it had two clubs that were very popular. *sigh* I became worried when we pulled up to the hotel at 1AM on a Thursday morning, and there was a line of young things waiting to get in to the club. *sigh* I was by far the oldest person in the vicinity as I waited to check in. There was music from the bar upstairs wafting down the stairway. *sigh* I asked th gentleman at the desk if there was such a thing as a quiet room in the hotel, and he said "yes, of course" and upgraded me to a studio. *YAY!* I took the elevator to the 10th floor, and navigated my way to the room - by this I mean the hallway was pretty dark, and there was very little light at the door, and trying to use a black room key in a black door, trying to find that little key slot . . . not so easy for the older guest with poor night vision. I finally entered the room and it was pretty dim, too. I had to use the flashlight app on my iPhone to find the light-switch, LOL. Once illuminated, I was impressed by the room. It was bigger than my son's LES studio apartment. It smelled really good and fresh, the modern furniture was pretty cool, and the bathroom was very nice. The floors were hardwood (nice! I distrust hotel carpets) and . . .it was soooooooo quiet! *YAY!* the windows were very high quality and had great sound-proofing. The ceiling was poured cement. I heard no sound through the walls throughout my visit. I had a little trouble figuring out the shower controls, but I eventually got the hang of it. The staff were delightful throughout my stay, and I loved exploring this new-to-me neighborhood. Thank you, Thompson LES, for a lovely visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What an absolutely chic and modern hotel in NYC. Tucked away in the Lower East side of Manhattan, Thompson LES was the best romantic weekend getaway to celebrate my anniversary. The welcome was direct, yet friendly and pleasant; not overbearing. The staff seem hand chosen as delightfully accomodating and reservedly elite (while extraordinarily good looking). Taking in the city view from lower Manhattan to upper Manhattan became exciting and unique as the sky moved from dusk to dawn accentuating the details of the ultra modern room decor. Epic sunrise! Fantastic location for great food and one-of-a-kind shopping boutiques just minutes away. No regrets- other than wishing the day was longer. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the north west side have fantastic views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Great tips about the corner rooms, too! They are certainly some of the best that we have at the hotel.

We can’t wait to welcome you back for the next one.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My recent stay in Sept at Thompson LES was great. I appreciated the simple but stylish decor, the location and the very comfortable bed. I was traveling for business so I requested a room away from the bar. Not only was I given a room on the quiet side but I was also upgraded which was a nice surprise! I was also able to check in early which was a huge bonus (and I know not always available!). Everything was just right on this trip and I will be booking another stay at this hotel. My stay was easy and enjoyable - the hotel staff made sure of it and I really appreciated it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

You will not find a cooler, more stylish property in the heart of the LES. Stop looking elsewhere! From lobby, to lounge, to rooms, this place will make you feel NYC, the center of the universe. Be sure to check out the immediate neighborhood.

Room Tip: Like many things, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the great compliment. We really appreciate it, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

And the location here could not be better. True there are very nice SOho boutique hotels, or the Mercer or the Bowery, but here you are in a very comfortable room in modern hotel surrounded by coffee shops, bars, delis, restaurants etc. If you really love New York, you will aim for this hotel, andt he chances are that you will find everything you need and then find out that you did not, after all, go all over town as you had planned.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great review! You’re so right about our location. With SoHo just a short walk away and the subway located right across the street from us, we’re definitely a popular destination for travelers who want to experience NYC without being surround by all the tourists.

We’re really glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.