“Amazing Hotel”

SIXTY LES
Ranked #181 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Thompson LES several times when I visit my son, who lives a few blocks away. I have stayed in other hotels within a short distance and found they don't compare to the Thompson.
The employees are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are amazing. My last room had two solid walls of windows overlooking the city. The bars and restaurant are very stylish. I've also bumped into celebrities. Always have fun there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my third time at the Thompson LES and each time has been better and better.

The single best feature of the hotel is the staff who has been super accommodating from reservation to check out and all in between. The management (Sebastian) bent over backwards to help us when we stayed with our kids to make it a great family experience from playing at the pool to arranging a top notch baby sitters. This time they cultivated a totally romantic environment for my wife and I on a couple get away. With only a couple of stays at the Thompson - they have made us feel like family and have gone the extra step always.
The rooms are always clean, nice and big enough so that you are not bumping into the walls like other NYC chic hotels. We have always had a bath and if an upgrade was avail - they were very willing to help us. And they are beautifully designed - of course great beds.
I have to say that as a New Yorker transplanted in LA - the Thompson is located in a totally cool section of the city. Not the Disneyland NYC of the meat packing district or other fully white washed areas. Feels like the village back in the day and there are great shops, cool bars and hip restaurants. It is also very convenient to walk to all areas of the downtown scene.

The hotel is really suited for those savvy travelers who are hip enough to find what's cool and not really for those looking to check out the Empire State building and Statue of Liberty - but could probably help you out just the same.

Overall a great place to stay if you are looking for the coolest NYC experience you can have.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for the FOURTH visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

First, the location (location, location, location!), around the corner from Katz's deli, around the corner from the Meatball Shop, less than a block to get into the subway, awesome Lower East Side sights.

The most important though: the staff of the LES - they are outSTANDING! Always professional and ready to help with whatever is needed. Uber polite, uber suave, excellent

Other highlights - the Eggs Benedict in the restaurant, the night time Sushi restaurant - delicious.

And finally, they play Fellini movies in the elevator. I miss my floor often just to see what is going to happen to Marcello... Ciao Marcello!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the West Side have views to Midtown. Request a room with a balcony if you can (though...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Great to hear you were able to experience Katz’s deli and the Meatball Shop during the same visit.
They’re definitely a couple of the Lower East Side’s landmarks to see.

See you again soon and we’ll be sure to keep the movies playing for you.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I travel to NY often and have experienced a lot of hotels in the city. I have to say that I've never felt more at home than I did at the Thompson LES. I came for a fun getaway with friends and the Thompson definitely started the trip off on the right foot.

Qiara checked us in and made sure that our room was perfect. It was. Our every need was taken care of and we always felt happy to return to the Thomson after our adventures. Ten was very accommodating, helped us set up the reservation originally, and also greeted us when we arrived. Raoul was another stand out as he had great recommendations, clued us in on what was going on in the hotel, and was always friendly and helpful. From the groovy little Macondo restaurant around the corner to the Whole Foods a few blocks away to the shops and restaurants of Nolita, there was lots going on around the hotel. We felt like regulars and did not want to leave. My only consolation is that I know I will return, and I will definitely recommend the Thompson LES to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. I’m so glad that you felt right at home. Helping travelers from around the world feel at home, is one of the toughest challenges for a hotel and something that we focus on quite a bit.

Your kind words have been shared with Qiara, Raul and Ten and they couldn’t be happier to hear about your experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

On my second visit to New York City , I'm so glad I stayed in this hotel. I opted for the lower east side area. A little away from the madness of midtown. The area is great with great restaurants and even Katz deli literally around the corner.
Decor is chic and modern with a funky twist and the showers are spacious and powerful. Wonderful.
Staff were warm helpful and pleasant. I really can't find fault with the service.
I will return, for sure.. And hopefully before long!!

Thank you so much for a wonderful few days .

• Stayed: April 2013
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. It’s nice to see that you took notice of one of our best features—being away from the madness of midtown, but close enough so you can get there quickly when you need to.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a lady travelling on my own to New York, visiting friends based in Soho, this hotel was perfectly situated within walking distance. After a long flight, I went to the hotel bar to get a hot chocolate before crashing for the night. Although the bar did not have any hot drink facilities, one of the bar staff went out of his way to get me some hot milk from the kitchen and I was made to feel welcome immediately (thank you Ben). i had a room on the 17th floor, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a large shower - all I needed really for a base. In addition, i did not hear traffic at all. The concierge was very helpful with directions, provided a map of the area and some recommendations for restaurants. Although I did not have dinner in the hotel, I had heard that the ribs are great. I did have a continental breakfast at the hotel the first morning, not the best as coffee tepid and toast slightly burnt, but the staff again were friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a great New York welcome. By the way, Century 21, a discount designer outlet in Midtown, is only 10 mins in cab - you may need an extra suitcase!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the detailed review!

It’s so great to hear we were able to make that hot chocolate happen for you and excellent tip about Century 21. It is very close.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, cool 'real' New York location. Close to great bars and restaurants. Rooms were quite standard, modern. Great beds. Will definitely stay here again, though the noise can be an issue at night and on weekends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re so glad to see you had a great time and enjoyed our beds.

We have many rooms that aren’t affected by the weekend noise, so please reach out to me when you make your next reservation, and we’ll be sure to find you a room in a nice location.