“My favorite hotel in NYC!”
Review of SIXTY LES

SIXTY LES
Ranked #226 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travel on business to New York often. Tried many hotels. The Thompson LES is by far my favorite. The location is great. More of a locals neighborhood. Not touristy. The hotel is clean, modern and cool. Also, the Blue Ribbon sushi restaurant is amazing! The staff are always more than helpful and friendly. Definitely a gem in the lower east side!

• Stayed: February 2012
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Joe

Reviewed January 18, 2013

You cannot go wrong with Thompson LES. Everything about this hotel is top notch. The staff goes out of their way to meet all of your needs. Special thanks to Sebastian for making our stay so special. TIP: If you have certain expectations or special requests when staying at this hotel (or any hotel for that matter), call/email ahead. I have learned in my travels that if I simply call or email ahead with my requests my stay is almost certain to be fabulous. Most hotels are willing to accomodate, so just ask! Studio King Suite, room 607 was beauiful and very modern. Loved the dark, hardwood floors and bathroom (slate and chrome), absolutely stunning. The shower? Well I could have stayed in there all day! And I could be wrong but it felt like the slate floor was heated???? Loved it!

Room Tip: call/email ahead if you have special occasion or requests. Hotel is very accomodating!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

What a great review! Thank you very much for the comments, especially regarding Sebastian. He is certainly one of our best and loves creating great memories for our guests.

Excellent tip about calling or emailing ahead. We love to learn the preferences of our guests in advance as it helps us to exceed all your expectations. In fact, we’re so passionate about creating great experiences that we will save the preferences you give us in a personal profile for you so that when you travel to another one of our hotel’s they will already know what you expect in advance!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joe

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the thompson in January on a business trip and I enjoyed it.
The rooms are relatively spacious, the shower is very nice, having a living room in the room is nice.
All in all - great hotel and good value when you're on business or for couples.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and thought it was cool and trendy. The outside of the hotel one could easily pass by. It was quiet on the main floor but we ended up eating at their 2nd floor Japanese restaurant and it was quite cool and serving sushi we hadn't seen before. Very Fresh and delicious! The room we had on the 17th floor corner was beautiful with sights of the whole city! It was clean and modern. Nice flat screen ,nice shower and sink. The bed was a little too firm though. It was a nice space and the air conditioner /heater worked fine.The subway was across the street and convenient. The concierge and front desk were courteous and helpful with directions. The surrounding area was very dirty though, that was an eyesore. Garbage and litter everywhere in corners. Not so pleasant though the area is being gentrified as I write.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tripp333
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the Thompson briefly in November when in NewYork for a dinner engagement. I flew in late and then out early. The Thompson was great at expiditing luggage and check-in on a tight schedule. The beds were very large - 2 kings, I think? I felt safe in the hotel and in the area at night. The hotel is centrally located and all of the cabbies knew where it was. Great location, good value, great reputation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank coveredbridges
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked three rooms in this hotel for my sister's bachelorette party and it was AMAZING!!! Luxurious pool bar and super fun atmosphere. We had a lovely time and were treated like queens. Would love to go again!!!
A bit pricey but worth it for a special treat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Thompson LES twice now. The rooms are quite sizable for New York, especially for the price. Very clean with a great design and lighting.

The restaurant and bar options are great in the hotel and in the nearby neighborhoods.

The service at this hotel has always been perfect. Both times I stayed here, I came through on a red eye flight and they managed to get me in the room earlier than check in time.

One note, some of the rooms have showers that have transparent walls so if you are staying with a friend and want some privacy you might ask for rooms with a little more privacy

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your Thompson LES experience!

Room size is definitely one of the reasons so many guests choose to return again and again over the years. The average room square footage in New York City is around 245 sq. ft. and our rooms start at 325 sq. ft with many of them being 550 sq. ft! You’ll always have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy your time in your guest room.

We do take great pride in creating great memories for travelers from all around the world, and we look forward to doing so for you again on your third trip to the Lower East Side.